• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Unfair Rating system

METRO3

Does anyone else think its absolutely unfair that if a pax is rude and or obnoxious and we have to kick them out of the car that they their rating of you, which no doubly will be a 1 star, still counts towards your rating?
Also why is it fair to get a one star for criticizing a pax for not being considerate and not waiting outside for an uber pool pickup?
And why do we have to go out of our way to make these cheap ass pax SUPER comfortable when we get paid so little?
Uber should get rid of the rating system and just have pax email or call them if there are any serious issues. PAX should get what they pay for not more. Thats not to say I wont go try and make them feel comfortable in my car but dont expect me to sit there and not say anything when they do things that are inconsiderate of others.

Uber end the rating system.

Andy3131

Well, for anyone who studied statistics, you will understand that these situations happen rarely and that the one star rating will have close no effect on your rating. I agree with the rating system 100%, my rating is 4.9 and I never give away candies or anything else, just drive them where they need to go, and yes I kick out pax too.

AJsh

Does anyone else think its absolutely unfair that if a pax is rude and or obnoxious and we have to kick them out of the car that they their rating of you, which no doubly will be a 1 star, still counts towards your rating?
Also why is it fair to get a one star for criticizing a pax for not being considerate and not waiting outside for an uber pool pickup?
And why do we have to go out of our way to make these cheap ass pax SUPER comfortable when we get paid so little?
Uber should get rid of the rating system and just have pax email or call them if there are any serious issues. PAX should get what they pay for not more. Thats not to say I wont go try and make them feel comfortable in my car but dont expect me to sit there and not say anything when they do things that are inconsiderate of others.

Uber should automatically post a 5 star in case a pax doesn’t rate the driver in 48hrs. That automatically means the ride was pleasant. That way those stupid one stars from rude passengers that u kick off the car wouldn’t matter.

Lolinator

My rating is 4.98

Darshit

I just checked my good rating of 4.08. I am rating everyone 1 star from now on to lower pax rating to my level.Pax is no better than me

Reactions: EX_

Hameed

Uber should automatically post a 5 star in case a pax doesn’t rate the driver in 48hrs. That automatically means the ride was pleasant. That way those stupid one stars from rude passengers that u kick off the car wouldn’t matter.
I agree with you but the way op is saying that getting a 1 star is not fair is not right coz everyone entitled for their opinion. If op thinks that this rider should be kicked out then rider also has the right to think that the driver is a jerk. Both entitled for their own opinions how it is not fair? Secondly uber do not deactivate someone on just one 1 star. It's average that impacts you

dmoney155

Yep, if you care about 5 star perfect records, dont criticize, just bend over and take it like uber wants you to. This is why you should't really care about 1 stars.

Yam Digger

Dude: you’re making this far more complicated than it needs to be. When you show up for a Poo request:

1. You NEVER call the pax. They’re not paying for that level of service.
2. As soon as the 2 minute timer times out, cancel no show, collect your fee and drive off.

Pretty simple, huh?

dmoney155

Dude: you’re making this far more complicated than it needs to be. When you show up for a Poo request:

2. As soon as the 2 minute timer times out, cancel no show, collect your fee and drive off.

Pretty simple, huh?
eeexxxaaaccctly. The real skill is to time it so well, that you are hitting 0 seconds mark exactly at the time you're out range... still working on perfecting that skill lol.... Calling pax..pffftt.. gtfoh.

Awsumdriver

Pretty simple, huh?
You call so you can figure out where they're going. If it's a good trip it's worth the wait, if not, you can cancel. But you call on the way there. Not upon arrival.

Yam Digger

You call so you can figure out where they're going. If it's a good trip it's worth the wait, if not, you can cancel. But you call on the way there. Not upon arrival.
My experience is that most Poo riders order it for short trips knowing it’s unlikely there’ll be a second rider. You will probably make more from cancelling than doing the ride.

Besides, I’m pretty sure Uber records these calls since it goes through their backend. If the pax complain that you called to cherry pick, they might suspend or terminate your account.

Awsumdriver

My experience is that most Poo riders order it for short trips knowing it’s unlikely there’ll be a second rider. You will probably make more from cancelling than doing the ride.

Besides, I’m pretty sure Uber records these calls since it goes through their backend. If the pax complain that you called to cherry pick, they might suspend or terminate your account.
2.5 years running. Strategy works, do it for every ride. I call to ask where they'll be standing and give them my eta, makes it more convenient for the passenger and me. Asking where they're headed is just convenient as well.

METRO3

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
there is something i realized the other day. You guys who provide 5 star service may have brought up expectations from certain passengers like wise the reverse is true for me where passengers who are 5 star worthy have raised expectations for me. When so many of my passengers wait outside even on a cold day it annoys me when i have to sit and wait 4min before the pax comes out. My point is just like so many of you make a uturn and now so many pax expect me to do the same. I have the same level of expectations because of how my passengers treat the ride.

Lolinator

2.5 years running. Strategy works, do it for every ride. I call to ask where they'll be standing and give them my eta, makes it more convenient for the passenger and me. Asking where they're headed is just convenient as well.
I do the same

Smart

Cowwy

genius idea