Uneven Tips

reg barclay

Lately I have been receiving tips like $5.57. $6.48. Have they changed the tip option?
Like he said, pax can tip a percentage of the fare. Most amounts I get are flat dollar amounts, and I have no idea how which option pax get by default ,or whether it varies by trip type, pax, etc.

Uber burn in hell

Like he said, pax can tip a percentage of the fare. Most amounts I get are flat dollar amounts, and I have no idea how which option pax get by default ,or whether it varies by trip type, pax, etc.
Are these corporate pax, because some companies limit tipping by %, that goes for restaurants as well, so if you pick up a pax that their ride is being covered by their job, they may have a limit of 15% or 20%. So they take the total of the ride and give you that percentage allowance.

ToughTommy

I wish one of the THINGS that would come up in this year of dissent would be to ADD A DEFAULT % TIP option
Foober are you listening?
Is this mic on?

ToughTommy

Uneven tips to me are a night you might do 11 rides with nothing and some nights 5of 8 tip.
I do believe though if you can read the pax and sense if they to talk often times a good light or non threatening topic can bring in tips. It worked last night for me. Made 100 in 3 hours net with more than half tipped

ToughTommy

I just checked last night 6 Foober rides
3 I app tips one cash
1 Pfft ride tipped. One of the reasons I like the gig is meeting different people in hearing something new or telling them a funny story to make them laugh or asking their opinion of the food at the restaurant I picked them up at.
I admit that it is very inconsistent where you can do the same and come up empty and sometimes it works.
I know more about longevity and some of the keys to living a long life. BTW I do not think doing ride share is part of it but the willingness and the desire to learn new things and keeping the brain occupied helps. One of the other commonalities of the pockets of longevity in different parts of the world which makes total sense and also explains why the U.S is losing the battle is....... drumroll
Being Undetweight
Post automatically merged:

*Underweight

sonnyboy1959

Having worked in retail, I've seen a lot of idiots like to round off what they pay. Say a fare is $10.21, they will tip $1.79 to make it an even $12. Doesn't make a lick of sense to me but happens way more often than you would think.

Jtnjdrive

I admit I do that. I think it has something to do with your astrological sign. ⚖
Post automatically merged:

Having worked in retail, I've seen a lot of idiots like to round off what they pay. Say a fare is $10.21, they will tip $1.79 to make it an even $12. Doesn't make a lick of sense to me but happens way more often than you would think.
I wouldn't complain about an 18% tip and Nothing idiotic about it.

Last edited:

Mikemike88

You sure? Most people can’t even do basic math. Rounding to a perfect dollar takes some skills. Lol