Unemployment is currently around 13%, or 15 million people.

DoYouEvenLyft?

20200406_115923.jpg

Supposedly, there are more than 10 million americans without jobs right now.

Once the stores start opening again and people start going outside, once the economy starts "recovering", what will happen to the people who are unemployed?

More importantly, what will the unemployed do IN THE MEANTIME while waiting for the stimulus checks?

Teachers, waiters, bartenders, and people from many other different fields of work are currently looking for income.

Which brings me to the conclusion that Lyft/Uber will change COMPLETELY once this pandemic blows over. Mileage/time rates will be cut as well as daily profits for drivers will be lower. Why? I say this because i think that most people who are unemployed right now are signing up to become drivers for U/L, uber eats, postmates, instacart etc etc.

I feel that most markets will become so SATURATED with new drivers, that existing divers wont be able to make much money. Take my market for example which is Pittsburgh Pa. Ive seen COUNTLESS new drivers on the streets. I have friends who are servers and teachers and they told me they signed up to be drivers. Im seeing drivers at the airport que, and airport police told me that they are new drivers who recently got laid off from work.

Here i am thinking to myself, is rideshare done? With all these new drivers, i wouldnt be suprised that Uber/Lyft will slash rates because the supply of drivers is damn near infinite.

What do you all think? Have you seen an increase of drivers in your market? Do you think Uber/Lyft will change for us drivers once things go back to "normal"?

-Jerry

Last edited:

mbd

Since CV has no vaccine yet, what is the cutoff point for number of deaths per day?
If 10 people die a day, is it okay ?
What about 5 a day?
1?
100?
So when you go back to work, doesn’t it start again :unsure: CV started with 1.

tohunt4me

The woman who did my taxes last week, from a store next door, came apply for a Pizza Delivery job 2 days ago . . .

We had 3 employees Quit in last week over Covid fears.

I think we will lose another .

Local Government Forced us to close at 7 pm yesterday.

We will be closing at 7 p.m. for a while.

175 Covid cases doccumented in a population under 100,000.

The ambulances are flying down the road 24/7.

Delivered to a Funeral Home last week.
2 hearses. 2 funerals. No attendance.

Truck load of coffins rolled up before i left.

Not getting any better yet.
View attachment 443728
Supposedly, there are more than 10 million americans without jobs right now.

Once the stores start opening again and people start going outside, once the economy starts "recovering", what will happen to the people who are unemployed?

More importantly, what will the unemployed do IN THE MEANTIME while waiting for the stimulus checks?

Teachers, waiters, bartenders, and people from many other different fields of work are currently looking for income.

Which brings me to the conclusion that Lyft/Uber will change COMPLETELY once this pandemic blows over. Mileage/time rates will be cut as well as daily profits for drivers will be lower. Why? I say this because i think that most people who are unemployed right now are signing up to become drivers for U/L, uber eats, postmates, instacart etc etc.

I feel that most markets will become so SATURATED with new drivers, that exsiting divers wont be able to make much money. Take my market for example which is Pittsburgh Pa. Ive seen COUNTLESS new drivers on the streets. I have friends who are servers and teachers and they told me they signed up to be drivers. Im seeing drivers at the airport que, and airport police told me that they are new drivers who recently got laid off from work.

Here i am thinking to myself, is rideshare done? With all these new drivers, i wouldnt be suprised that Uber/Lyft will slash rates because the supply of drivers is damn near infinite.

What do you all think? Have you seen an increase of drivers in your market? Do you think Uber/Lyft will change for us drivers once things go back to "normal"?

-Jerry

mbd

The woman who did my taxes last week, from a store next door, came apply for a Pizza Delivery job 2 days ago . . .

2 Walmart employees died in Chicago.
1586195887098.jpeg

Post automatically merged:

1586195951427.jpeg

Last edited:

O-Side Uber

Since CV has no vaccine yet, what is the cutoff point for number of deaths per day?
If 10 people die a day, is it okay ?
What about 5 a day?
1?
100?
So when you go back to work, doesn’t it start again :unsure: CV started with 1.

This virus is so far down the list of things likely to kill you. Everyone needs to stop being so freaked out. Guess what???? YOU'RE GOING To DIE!!!!! No one gets out alive. Die like a warrior not in fear

ANT 7

It costs about $2,000 upfront and takes 30-60 days to drive Uber in my market. The initial cash outlay, and time delay, is a huge barrier for many. It's not going to be an issue here. In the 3 years I have been driving full time in my market, we've had the worst economy EVER in 40 years, and I was busy every single day until the last 3 weeks.

In regards to unemployment stats though, the government lies. It is really like 25% in my market.

tohunt4me

305 cases now in a population under 100,000