Unemployment assistance for RS drivers

AIDM

I called support again, and badgered a customer support person into coughing up the truth. Uber literally doesn't have an esid number, because they don't have any official employees. (Despite the bill that passed in cali that made everyone theoretically employees, and the fact that their offices are here)

Not sure what happened with the first person who I called that said they filed unemployment for me.
They do have regular employees duh. Those are the people who you go talk to at the office when there is a problem with your account
Post automatically merged:

It is better to have tried and failed, than to have tried not.

I did not see a place for the SEIN # and you don't think the State can not cross ref that ?
They do every time with your Fed return.
The unemployment website DON'T LET YOU CROSS REFERENCE to find a company's State EIN if that was the case it would just let you put the company's name and nobody would be asking for their SEIN

Last edited by a moderator:

UberBastid

So Uber/Lyft drivers are specifically mentioned in the deal. How can we get that money? It is assistance upto months.
Please leave a helpful reply. Many drivers will read this and learn.

My market:> San Francisco, CA

Thank you!
I have not read any posts after yours, so if your question is answered to your satisfaction, you can skip it, but I just applied yesterday.

I went on line at https://www.edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/UI_Online.htm I answered all the questions as completely and honestly as I could. For last employer I put "Self: My Name". Filled in all the rest of it as honestly as I could.

Easy peasy.

Just do it. Don't be afraid. If you apply, and tell the truth - you won't get in any trouble.
Just do it.

Takes about 20 min.

Man, nobody on here is saying anything that is useful in filing for unemployment for people who drive for Uber or Lyft in California because we need the SEIN to get pass the 3rd page on the unemployment website and THEY KNEW THIS! This number is different than the FEIN that the companies get assigned to them from the federal government AND THEY KNEW WE WOULDN'T BE ABLE TO GET THAT NUMBER! We need to find someone who works for Uber and Lyft as regular employees and they can give it to us cause its on line 15 of their W-2!
No you don't need to do any of that.
You are self employed.
For last employer put, "Self: Your Name"

Don't make it hard. If they need more, they'll ask. You need to get your ap in and dated. Soon.

Pax_Buster

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have not read any posts after yours, so if your question is answered to your satisfaction, you can skip it, but I just applied yesterday.

I went on line at https://www.edd.ca.gov/Unemployment/UI_Online.htm I answered all the questions as completely and honestly as I could. For last employer I put "Self: My Name". Filled in all the rest of it as honestly as I could.

Easy peasy.

Just do it. Don't be afraid. If you apply, and tell the truth - you won't get in any trouble.
Just do it.

Takes about 20 min.

No you don't need to do any of that.
You are self employed.
For last employer put, "Self: Your Name"

Don't make it hard. If they need more, they'll ask. You need to get your ap in and dated. Soon.
I already did everything. Thanks

Mash Ghasem

Please let me know if you find Uber & Lyft California EIN (8 digits and different than FEIN)

What are their California EIN's for Uber and Lyft?

You can't do it there cause it ask for their Sate EIN and if you don't know it it doesn't let you go to the next page
That's not the same as the C03318029 "California corporate number" on this form, is it?

Forresto

Please let me know if you find Uber & Lyft California EIN (8 digits and different than FEIN)

What are their California EIN's for Uber and Lyft?

You can't do it there cause it ask for their Sate EIN and if you don't know it it doesn't let you go to the next page
That's the page I was talking about. In the corner of the page theres a clickable bubble that says "employer not listed." If you click on it, it let's you do manual entry for the employers name/address/phone number instead of requiring the employer id number

May H.

I called support again, and badgered a customer support person into coughing up the truth. Uber literally doesn't have an esid number, because they don't have any official employees. (Despite the bill that passed in cali that made everyone theoretically employees, and the fact that their offices are here)

Not sure what happened with the first person who I called that said they filed unemployment for me.
So all those executives, engineers and staff working at headquarters aren’t “official employees”? That’s crazy!

Chungyi

So I drive Uber about 30 hours a week and work full time. I stopped driving Uber for about a month, but I still work at full time job. Do I qualify for unemployment? I assumed it’s a no. If not, I thought about applying for disaster loan. I registered with city for a business license when I started driving uber.