Uber Drivers Forum banner

Undercover Police stop last night

3K views 58 replies 25 participants last post by  Sowf off da river 
#1 ·
Got pulled over next to the metro bank at Holborn last night....

My driver side headlight went yesterday afternoon and didn’t get time to change it... bottom fog lights were on with one working headlight.

Anyway these slime balls gave me a ticket, and let me go on my way driving with one headlight.

I explained it happened only today and that it made more sense for me to drive with one headlight and the fogs, as I can be seen by other road users and pedestrians.

These lowlifes are driving in a black Peugeot estate and are proper police in plain clothes designated for private hire vehicles. They are only concerned about generating money and do not care about common sense.

I am dead against people driving with the fogs on unnecessarily, but cmon.

Any way be careful guys, just wanted to give fellow cabbies a heads up, beware of these leeches.

#2 ·

My driver side headlight went yesterday afternoon and didn't get time to change it... bottom fog lights were on with one working headlight.

Anyway these slime balls gave me a ticket, and let me go on my way driving with one headlight.

I explained it happened only today and that it made more sense for me to drive with one headlight and the fogs, as I can be seen by other road users and pedestrians.

These lowlifes are driving in a black Peugeot estate and are proper police in plain clothes designated for private hire vehicles. They are only concerned about generating money and do not care about common sense.

Any way be careful guys, just wanted to give fellow cabbies a heads up, beware of these leeches.
Ur dead agains?!?

Not legit to use fogs mate.

If u were without fogs, they would not stop you.

#3 ·

My driver side headlight went yesterday afternoon and didn't get time to change it... bottom fog lights were on with one working headlight.

I think you will find that fog lights are to be used when there is FOG and there is a good reason why you should not use them for any other reason.

#7 ·

I can only see one low life in this story, knowingly driving in the dark without the correct lights is a danger to you and everyone around you. I didn't get time to change it isn't an excuse, why are you not carrying a spare and do it yourself, you drive for a living after all, deary me

#12 ·
A constructive response with absolute no substance, it's difficult being wrong and admitting it I suppose?
My response was due to the fact that you referred me as a low lowlife.

There is multiple stabbings happening every week, so much crime in the capital and the police are coming after cabbies specifically, they are not there to serve the public. Only to generate revenue.

Your response to my initial post suggest you have a soft spot for the pigs. Hence my response

#15 ·

I have very simple solutions for blown bulbs - stop asap and change it - I carry all spares in the car and change them.

My eyes hurt because of countless "I didn't have time" drivers that use fog lights when it only takes 2 mins to stop and change a light bulb.
You now learned that Fogs and laziness plus being careless costs money, it's a fine I wished every driver using fog lights should get.

#19 ·

I love it when people get stopped and nicked for driving when they are obviously in the wrong then cry that the police should be nicking real criminals, so if the police ignored every one who drives with faulty lights,tyres etc etc that's all ok is it .

#20 ·
Not at all... faulty tyres can cause a seriously bad accident, and could potentially be fatal.

Two tiny fog lights on, to compensate for a blown bulb is no way near on the same level as having an unroadworthy vehicle.

Have you seen how strong some of the lights are on the new cars ???? Way way stronger then the fogs on the bottom of a Prius... so how does that make sense ? Some 4x4’s headlights are directly at eye level and can be blinding. Why don’t they get fined ?

Don’t give me crap about “oh the zombies with their lights on are making me dizzy and I wee my pants when I see them.”

It’s just a way of making money for the police. Nothing more.

#21 ·
Not at all... faulty tyres can cause a seriously bad accident, and could potentially be fatal.

Two tiny fog lights on, to compensate for a blown bulb is no way near on the same level as having an unroadworthy vehicle.

Have you seen how strong some of the lights are on the new cars ???? Way way stronger then the fogs on the bottom of a Prius... so how does that make sense ? Some 4x4's headlights are directly at eye level and can be blinding. Why don't they get fined ?

Don't give me crap about "oh the zombies with their lights on are making me dizzy and I wee my pants when I see them."

It's just a way of making money for the police. Nothing more.
Did you ever heard about the highway code mate?

especially
Rule 226
You MUST use headlights when visibility is seriously reduced, generally when you cannot see for more than 100 metres (328 feet). You may also use front or rear fog lights but you MUST switch them off when visibility improves
&
Rule 236
You MUST NOT use front or rear fog lights unless visibility is seriously reduced (see Rule 226) as they dazzle other road users and can obscure your brake lights. You MUST switch them off when visibility improves.

#25 ·
My attitude was ‘yes sir no sir 3 bags full sir’, until I realised he was writing me the ticket..

He moved to the front of my car to take a photo and I switched the lights off before he could take a snap !!! Cheeky sod told me to put them back on again. Yeh right.

I genuinely couldn’t see very well with one headlight as they are not xenon. Also i wanted to be visible to other road users. A one headlight vehicle can sometimes be hard to see from different angles.

#27 ·
My attitude was 'yes sir no sir 3 bags full sir', until I realised he was writing me the ticket..

He moved to the front of my car to take a photo and I switched the lights off before he could take a snap !!! Cheeky sod told me to put them back on again. Yeh right.

I genuinely couldn't see very well with one headlight as they are not xenon. Also i wanted to be visible to other road users. A one headlight vehicle can sometimes be hard to see from different angles.
OK , but I don't understand how putting your fog lights on is gonna help if you have one headlight

#38 ·

"My driver side headlight went yesterday afternoon and didn't get time to change"

Dude, your livelihood is on the road.
Ur equipment condition is a PRIORITY.
Keep spare bulbs in the vehicle for emergencies.

The "Low life Leeches" are doing their Job.
Are U??

#45 ·
Well said . I admit my fault and am now paying the price for it, literally.

My post was just a warning to all reading to not make the same mistake I did.

That's how you I want you to respond to my posts from now on Barclay.
Hi you put this post up for us to have a heads up, thank you, but the bottom line is we all hate the police when we get a fine but we love them when were in danger, but hey as a professional pco driver we need to be better then that, just keep spare bulb etc. When your legit you are untouchable

#47 · (Edited)
Cabsunit are there specifically for cabs ( taxi and phv) hence why they target cabs - but also pull other offences non insured drivers etc . As said before they can sit in a pco badge unmarked and observe and you and others around wouldn't have a clue ...
If they took a picture you might make it onto the Twitter feed
Spare bulbs a must in this game

As for those that think the police are just fine collectors -

#52 ·

Only thing they did wrong was let you drive away. Car should've been pounded.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.