Underaged Pax

ibbobbyc

When I work the suburbs I get a lot of parents using Uber to shuttle their kids. I refuse but I know many will take them. My reluctance is liability if in an accident. Uber support just says I can refuse the request. It's still a waist of time and gas for me. I finally created a saved text that states at least one rider must be 18 per Uber and ask before I head to their location. Thoughts?

Emoneytx

I do the same. I just call and/or send a text. It's not worth it. I have had parents get upset but I could care less the don't pay my bills and insurance. If the keep requesting and come across my app, then I let support know what they are doing and request the get blocked from requesting me. I keep sending emails so it covers you and uber knows what is going on. Hope this helps..just send emails and save them so you are covered

Old Rocker

I've never had a trip to shuttle kids aside from a couple of times when I had a ping from a high school.

Kmiles

Cancel the trip and drive off. Uber's policy is that users must be 18 to use the app. And riders under 18 must be with a guardian 18 or older.

If there's an incident, Uber and the parents will blame YOU! It's not worth it

darkshy77

I'll have 2-3 daily in the Cypress and Katy area. When I mention the requirement they say "I've been riding for a long time." Usually I see the ping again after canceling.
I'm not a bartender.... Look 18 is fine.... Under 18 and i can tell hell no! one crazy chick that wanted me to take her 7 year old without here hell no... Report and drive off

itsablackmarket

There are so many potential problems with giving rides to minors. Unfortunately it's not worth the risk, even though I would love to help them out.
I know I just think it's funny how flawed our legal system is to the point where it actually robs life of purpose and meaning, in the name of protection.

Richard Cranium

When I work the suburbs I get a lot of parents using Uber to shuttle their kids. I refuse but I know many will take them. My reluctance is liability if in an accident. Uber support just says I can refuse the request. It's still a waist of time and gas for me. I finally created a saved text that states at least one rider must be 18 per Uber and ask before I head to their location. Thoughts?
It is very clear in the rider terms and conditions, that one pax has to be 18.

"USER REQUIREMENTS AND CONDUCT.
The Service is not available for use by persons under the age of 18. You may not authorize third parties to use your Account, and you may not allow persons under the age of 18 to receive transportation or logistics services from Third Party Providers unless they are accompanied by you. You may not assign or otherwise transfer your Account to any other person or entity. You agree to comply with all applicable laws when using the Services, and you may only use the Services for lawful purposes (e.g., no transport of unlawful or hazardous materials). You will not in your use of the Services cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience, or property damage, whether to the Third Party Provider or any other party. In certain instances you may be asked to provide proof of identity to access or use the Services, and you agree that you may be denied access to or use of the Services if you refuse to provide proof of identity."

I think that says it all, straight from Legal: https://www.uber.com/legal/usa/terms

RICHARD CRANIUM

Richard Cranium

The issue is liability. I am not going to be the one that has an accident with a minor in the car alone. Plus who knows what they will tell mommy and daddy you said to them.
To the Millennials it is a joke and funny.

Noone under 18, explain policy, then when they say I've been riding for a long time, explain you have a family, and cannot afford a Lawsuit if they get hurt.
Tell them to have their parents write into Uber to complain :smiles:
And MOST importantly:

1) Audio or video the conversation to avoid he said/she said.
2) Make them cancel. :smiles:
3) CYA and email Uber letting them know.
4) Drive away pissed off you just wasted gas.

I wish they would bring back cancellation fees. :smiles:

RC

melusine3

That's a great way to put it!

Fuzzyelvis

It is very clear in the rider terms and conditions, that one pax has to be 18.

"USER REQUIREMENTS AND CONDUCT.
The Service is not available for use by persons under the age of 18. You may not authorize third parties to use your Account, and you may not allow persons under the age of 18 to receive transportation or logistics services from Third Party Providers unless they are accompanied by you. You may not assign or otherwise transfer your Account to any other person or entity. You agree to comply with all applicable laws when using the Services, and you may only use the Services for lawful purposes (e.g., no transport of unlawful or hazardous materials). You will not in your use of the Services cause nuisance, annoyance, inconvenience, or property damage, whether to the Third Party Provider or any other party. In certain instances you may be asked to provide proof of identity to access or use the Services, and you agree that you may be denied access to or use of the Services if you refuse to provide proof of identity."

I think that says it all, straight from Legal: https://www.uber.com/legal/usa/terms

RICHARD CRANIUM
It's not ONE PAX. Has to be the app holder on the ride with the minor ("accompanied BY YOU"). So if mom orders an uber she has to ride along even if the ride has another adult rider.