Under Age Riders - Do you accept ride requests?

CanInSac

UberAccount holders must be 18 or over and CANNOT request a ride for riders under 18 unless accompanied by the account holder making the request.

I believe this is what is expected as uber drivers - that underage riders cannot ride unless accompanied by the adult account holder. With school starting up in a few weeks this will be magnified I believe. Last year I gave many rides to high school students utilizing their parent's uber account . . . riding without their parents. During the past several weeks I have denied rides to a number of under age riders.

So I feel compelled to ask; Do you deny rides to under age riders? Do you ask for rider's age when they appear to be under age?
Thanks for the feedback...

Ben105

I take it on a case-by-case basis. If they look old enough even though I suspect they may be in the latter years of high school, I pick them up. I'm more hesitant if they are alone, especially if they're a girl. If they look really young, I won't pick them up. It's common in my area for middle-school-aged kids to request rides to get around. Back in my day, we rode our bikes. Nowadays, they want to ride Uber.

MrA

I have encountered this problem from downtown Sac to El Dorado Hills. I wouldn't put my own kids in a car with a random Uber driver. I cancel and Uber reprimands me for too many cancellations Happened 3 times in one week day. That and only waiting 5 minutes for the rider to get in the damn car!

MrA

Can we ask to see id?
Yes, and I do if they look young. I read here somewhere that Uber will neither confirm or deny that a person under the age of 18 would be covered by their trip insurance in the event of an accident.

imardeep

it is simply illegal to do this, we are not allowed to provide ride to anyone under 18 , Red Line.