• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uncle Mercs Story Time Thread

WNYuber

What kind of softball BS is that....17 for $12.

For once, I am not looking forward to the ant loaded shit show that we are about to slug our way through.
strike that/reverse that #willywonka
It was $17 for 12 rides.

My dream is to be Lord of the WNY Ants

Merc7186

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Last night was a shitshow. No surge in DT from 2-4. Was a loss for me after factoring everything.
It did surge for a short period of time, around 215am, got up to $6 but was gone quickly.

Too many ants....last year, I cleared over $250 of the friday night of Halloween weekend. Hopefully tonight is busy, even with the ant overdose

fast driver

It did surge for a short period of time, around 215am, got up to $6 but was gone quickly.

Too many ants....last year, I cleared over $250 of the friday night of Halloween weekend. Hopefully tonight is busy, even with the ant overdose
Yes only til 2:15, then completely gone. I live near ub north, decided to head to DT at 2. It was a worst idea, couldn't complete a 3 ride for $3 quest. It was that slow.

rideshare_driver_roc

I had a quest of 64 rides for $90. It took forever to complete. Friday 7pm-5am, Sat 3pm - 4am, Sun 2pm - 8pm.
It was not worth giving up my Sunday, and I had no requests from 5-6:30pm on Sunday afternoon. ugh.

Merc7186

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
F mints. F bottled waters. The ONLY time I've ever done the latter is during Bills games when it was blazing hot(or at least FELT like it).
You know that was a joke, right?

If anybody couldnt make any money on saturday night then they need to stop driving. I ended up doing a cash ride at the end of the night from DT to Kaisertown for $30 and still managed to hit my $55 quest.

But most importantly, look at all of those beautiful UP Points...I know youre jelly
Screenshot_20191028-110742_Uber Driver.jpg

drdisaster

IDK if it's just a red ant thing in the South, but when I lived in Florida, ants were always attracted to electrical items like my pool pump. FULL OF THEM! Well, that's been downtown Rochester lately, the ants have been attracted to it like magnets. I had a drop off on Park Ave and thought to myself, "I'll surely get another ride pretty quick". 5 minutes later, I pull up the rider app and the area was infested! An ant on every corner! It was well worth the 10 minute ride out to Henrietta to avoid that shitshow. Had a great night from there.

JBinPenfield

Here's a classic "I'm the guy holding up the yellow cell phone screen story": I get to a pickup on a residential street. House is dark, but there's a big Halloween party going on two or three houses down the block. Might be a bad pin location. I message "I am here", wait a few minutes, then get a message back saying "I'm the guy holdng up the yellow phone screen. See me?" I look around then down to the party house. There are a bunch of people down there wearing wierd halloween costumes, including the biggest stand out, wearing nothing but a pair of gossamer fairy wings, huge eyelashes, and a day glow thong - and waving around his yellow phone screen.

rideshare_driver_roc

Here's a classic "I'm the guy holding up the yellow cell phone screen story": I get to a pickup on a residential street. House is dark, but there's a big Halloween party going on two or three houses down the block. Might be a bad pin location. I message "I am here", wait a few minutes, then get a message back saying "I'm the guy holdng up the yellow phone screen. See me?" I look around then down to the party house. There are a bunch of people down there wearing wierd halloween costumes, including the biggest stand out, wearing nothing but a pair of gossamer fairy wings, huge eyelashes, and a day glow thong - and waving around his yellow phone screen.
This is why I almost always tap out: "Your uber/lyft is in front of 123 main st" as soon as I arrive, unless I see that pax...