• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uncle Mercs Story Time Thread

Merc7186

So I got two stories from pax over the past two weeks that I thought were interesting...

Pax told me that he got picked up by a non english speaker ant, said he moved here from NYC. Ant was a former taxi driver, moved here because its a lot cheaper and Buffalo is the biggest market outside of the city but still paying out those gov't welfare. Ugh.

I wonder how many others have done this because I have noticed a lot more middle easterners driving pax around.

Pax gets picked up by a noob, her first night driving. Pax was headed to Chippewa, but ant missed the Niagara St exit. Ant decides to get off at the next exit but gets in the wrong lane....left lane takes you to Niagara St and the right lane takes you to Canada. Ant drags this poor pax over to Fort Erie and through customs. Ant explains to customs the situation, customs sends ant over to inspection...upon inspection...surprise, pax had a small bag of weed and bowl in her glovebox. Two hours later, customs releases them back to the states....

Moral of the story....dont be an ant.

rideshare2870

So I got two stories from pax over the past two weeks that I thought were interesting...

Pax told me that he got picked up by a non english speaker ant, said he moved here from NYC. Ant was a former taxi driver, moved here because its a lot cheaper and Buffalo is the biggest market outside of the city but still paying out those gov't welfare. Ugh.

I wonder how many others have done this because I have noticed a lot more middle easterners driving pax around.

Pax gets picked up by a noob, her first night driving. Pax was headed to Chippewa, but ant missed the Niagara St exit. Ant decides to get off at the next exit but gets in the wrong lane....left lane takes you to Niagara St and the right lane takes you to Canada. Ant drags this poor pax over to Fort Erie and through customs. Ant explains to customs the situation, customs sends ant over to inspection...upon inspection...surprise, pax had a small bag of weed and bowl in her glovebox. Two hours later, customs releases them back to the states....

Moral of the story....dont be an ant.
I had to laugh at the title of your thread. He probably didn’t have an enhanced licence or passport either I bet.

Solid 5

LOL my acceptance rate on Lyft is 45%, got my first "time out" the other day.......WTF I'll get pings to pick someone up that is 20 minutes away, and I KNOW it's only going to be a short ride, then I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere. Or worse, it is a far away ping and it's from "Shaniqua" at Dollar Tree or Publix or Fancy Nails (actually in all honesty I got one from Goodwill the other day). I get those pings and turn instantly into Dikembe Mutombo. Let some mega-ant get that nonsense.

Merc7186

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
45% Lyft Acceptance Rate...WTH, are you running for Lyft CEO???

So I went onto my dashboard to see my acceptance rate and was eerily surprised it was so high....7%

Okay kids, story time....
Last Night, get a XL hit down on a Chippewa at the Rec Room. I found a spot on the side of the road in front of Bottoms Up and proceed to send a text to pax letting then know where I am (voice to text, always use Voice to Text) when one of the BPD (expletives) taps my drivers window with her night stick and screams 'Move'.

(Side Note: anyone who drives downtown during drunk hours has seen this BPD duo at least once, white short haired blonde woman and older black woman with her hair always up...they spend every saturday screaming at drivers)

So I pull back onto road and start slowly moving. I have my passenger window down, door locked as always. I am slowly passing Rec Room and pax walks up, lifts door lock open, springs open the door and hops in front seat. Instantly I tell her, please close the door, let me pull over...out of nowhere, sliding door is open and Im thinking WTF...bad enough she reached in and unlocked her own door but unlocked all my doors. Now a few pax are jumping in, Im yelling at then to back away so I can pull over then it happens, Bam....blonde hits my driver side window with her stick hard, yells 'Pull the F --- Over Now' and has ticket book in other hand. Meanwhile there is a pax hanging half in, half out having a conversation people on the sidewalk...Im now screaming at them to get the F in and I start to slowly move. The pax on the sidewalk decide that they are going to bum a ride...so I ask chick in front seat if they are with them, she says No. So I turn and scream at them to GTFO and pull all the way over. I yell at someone in the backseat to close the door and the chick in the front seat starts apologizing.

Needless to say....$40 ticket, a lecture from the cop and a pax who told me straight up, please dont let this effect my rating. Of course, no cash or offer to pay for the ticket and a big fat one star for her.

No matter what your plan to protect yourself from pax, they find a way to ruin it.

rideshare2870

So I went onto my dashboard to see my acceptance rate and was eerily surprised it was so high....7%

Last Night, get a XL hit down on a Chippewa at the Rec Room. I found a spot on the side of the road in front of Bottoms Up and proceed to send a text to pax letting then know where I am (voice to text, always use Voice to Text) when one of the BPD (expletives) taps my drivers window with her night stick and screams 'Move'.

(Side Note: anyone who drives downtown during drunk hours has seen this BPD duo at least once, white short haired blonde woman and older black woman with her hair always up...they spend every saturday screaming at drivers)

So I pull back onto road and start slowly moving. I have my passenger window down, door locked as always. I am slowly passing Rec Room and pax walks up, lifts door lock open, springs open the door and hops in front seat. Instantly I tell her, please close the door, let me pull over...out of nowhere, sliding door is open and Im thinking WTF...bad enough she reached in and unlocked her own door but unlocked all my doors. Now a few pax are jumping in, Im yelling at then to back away so I can pull over then it happens, Bam....blonde hits my driver side window with her stick hard, yells 'Pull the F --- Over Now' and has ticket book in other hand. Meanwhile there is a pax hanging half in, half out having a conversation people on the sidewalk...Im now screaming at them to get the F in and I start to slowly move. The pax on the sidewalk decide that they are going to bum a ride...so I ask chick in front seat if they are with them, she says No. So I turn and scream at them to GTFO and pull all the way over. I yell at someone in the backseat to close the door and the chick in the front seat starts apologizing.

Needless to say....$40 ticket, a lecture from the cop and a pax who told me straight up, please dont let this effect my rating. Of course, no cash or offer to pay for the ticket and a big fat one star for her.

No matter what your plan to protect yourself from pax, they find a way to ruin it.
We should be able to write off tickets now that I think about it.

Solid 5

Admittedly, it was in the 70's for the longest time. Only over the last 2-3 weeks have I completely and totally not given any effs.

My goal is to get it under 25%. Problem is, I'll get enough trip requests early in the morning from hotels up here that I take the chance it's an airport run. However, if it is "Ramash" or "Ugendo" or "Balabala" then I know it is just a trip to Lowe's Corporate, which is about 2 miles away. They get "Mutomboed"

Merc7186

I give you a lot of credit for doing those runs. Bad enough ROC was a poop fest at 2am. You have to deal with the later bar close. Plus IMO Buffalo drunks are WAY worse then ROC drunks.

That story is exactly why I stopped doing those runs. I have never even tried to one down here (due to the suppressed surge) but I have done a few runs after Panther games...in daylight....mid-Sunday afternoon.....and it sure ain't worth the drama (and that is with NO coppers denting your car).

ckg927

And you wonder WHY I stick to driving during the daytime. To channel Venkman from Ghostbusters: "Important safety tips...and funny story. Thanks, Merc." :biggrin:

jaystonepk

Merc7186 I got that too. However, I'm capable of reading whether forecasts to know when ants will be staying home sipping hot chocolate instead of driving. I don't need annoying texts telling me when I'm needed.

They do such a wonderful job of passing out my streak bonuses. I only ever see 6:15-7:15 am and I'm literally NEVER available during that time. Keep up the stellar research work lyft management.

ROCuberguy585

They are trying to offset the fact that no one takes Lyft pings in the snow. I usually end up turning the app off because I'll get constant 20+ min pings while I'm getting much more reasonable Uber pings with good regularity

ROCuberguy585

Join the Snow Team and find out....LOL
Not going to happen if it's like last night and I'm only getting 15+ min pings. I also never had Lyft add anyone to my "queue" before, I've been lucky. Last night had 3 (2 cancelled) added on a single trip. I ofcourse cancelled the last one after completing my original trip.

On another topic I received my first ever surge ping from the airport when I was going to Scottsville road to fill up. Gotten PT pings from Lyft from there but never seen it with Uber. Unfortunately for them 1.3x isn't nearly enough for me to touch a 4.64
Screenshot_2018-11-15-18-27-25.png

Solid 5

A 4.64 probably meant it was “Ramaesh” or “Vinlinla” or some other pax which will stink up your car with no recourse of rolling down windows since it’s winter there now.