Unbelievable 1 star

Mista T

Author
Drove an old woman. Great convo, good time. She's new to Uber. End of ride she hands me a cash tip, then she asks what does she do now?

I told her I would end the ride, and on her end the rating screen would come up. "Okay, let's see... is this the ratings screen?"

"Yes, then you rate me, and there should be optional screens for tips and complaints and compliments."

I watched as she punched in a 1 and hit submit.

"Why did you give me one star?"

"You're a wonderful driver! The best! Number 1!"

Simply dumbfounded. Good thing I don't care about ratings!

BadYota

I’m pretty sure pax can change their rating later. She clearly doesn’t understand technology though. I would hope it says on the screen 1 being worst and 5 being best. At least we have to give a reason for less than 5 stars. That’s so funny I’m now wondering if that’s not where many other 1 stars come from?

goneubering

Drove an old woman. Great convo, good time. She's new to Uber. End of ride she hands me a cash tip, then she asks what does she do now?

I told her I would end the ride, and on her end the rating screen would come up. "Okay, let's see... is this the ratings screen?"

"Yes, then you rate me, and there should be optional screens for tips and complaints and compliments."

I suspect that misguided logic happens more often than we realize!!

1.5xorbust

Yeah I have to quit hauling so many old people around.

Last edited:

DriverMark

Had a similar situation last year. Older lady. Long ride. She told me the app was broken and wouldn't let her rate people. Anyway, at the end I had her show me. She hit the 1, then tried to hit the 2 but it had gone to the next screen, then the next screen passing the tip screen as well as she tapped the phone 5 times. She thought she needed to tap each star to give a 5 star. I explained to her she wants to tap the right most star to give a 5 star ride. I don't think that 1* ever showed up on me so Uber probably blocked her ratings since all she ever did was 1*s.

GreatWhiteHope

can’t lie

kinda hilarious bro

tohunt4me

THANKS UBER !

gooddolphins

Yeah it’s one thing to get a 1 star when you don’t know who gave it but it’s another level of anger when they do it in front of your face.