1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership.

Unable to cancel a Lyft auto assigned trip

Discussion in 'Advice' started by Alexxx_Uber, Oct 21, 2018.

1. Alexxx_Uber

Alexxx_Uber

I got one of those Lyft auto assigned trips. Shared trip at 11pm - ughh
    Tried to cancel , but the app didn’t do the cancel. Wtf
    Wonder if it happened to others.
    Of course I didn’t go to pax. Pax cancelled after couple minutes

2. You can always cancel.

3. Alexxx_Uber

Alexxx_Uber

Yeah but when I canceled, the trip was not canceled in the app
    Tried a few times, didn’t work. Tried both “I don’t want this ride” and “other reason” options. Neither worked

tohunt4me likes this.
  4. Force stop the app, turn on airplane mode, restart your phone, smash the hard drive, there's always a way.

5. HotUberMess

HotUberMess

I’ve had this issue in the last week and it’s driving me insane!!! Same with Uber too. Stacked pings, can’t cancel the stack when current rider wants to change destination. Also can’t change the destination.

Then the apps auto-dropoff if I don’t swipe to drop. SO FRUSTRATING because the rider is still in my car

6. There's been a few times with Lyft that the app won't let me hit "Arrived" and start a trip. So I would have to sit around for a couple of minutes with the rider in my car trying to get the trip started, followed by a text "You've lost contact with the Lyft system". HELLO, I'M IN FREAKING DOWNTOWN!

I've yet to see not being able to cancel though.

Danny3xd, tohunt4me and Alexxx_Uber like this.
  7. Daisey77

Daisey77

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Yep I have had a passenger added to my queue and when I went to remove them, it would not let me. It flat-out said you cannot cancel this ride! WTF? The hell I can't! I am not taking any ride I cannot see a rating on or the prime especially being a female and driving overnights .

8. Lol :D

Alexxx_Uber and Danny3xd like this.
  9. Danny3xd

Danny3xd

Right!? That's the main thing for me Daisey. I'm not your indentured servant, your rider is waiting to be served and F.U.

I turn off the app. The phone if need be. Nope, Nut-uh. Not me, Cap.

tohunt4me, Rakos, Zap and 2 others like this.
  10. Danny3xd

Danny3xd

"Maintain your community" by not telling me as a Independent contractor that I am obligated to do anything. Ya can't have it both ways. Downhill for you, going both ways.

And I love this gig. (just sayin')

11. Alexxx_Uber

Alexxx_Uber

I just logged on Uber and went with another Uber ride. The Lyft paxhole canceled after few minutes that I ignored her

tohunt4me likes this.
  12. Airplane Mode !

Attached Files:

Danny3xd and Alexxx_Uber like this.
  13. Alexxx_Uber

Alexxx_Uber

Yuppp

Danny3xd likes this.
  14. fumbl3

fumbl3

Driving:
    UberXL
    I just had this happen. I hadn't done lyft for a while so thought I'd exercise it for a while tonight...and it just added people without me acknowledging. How freakin' rude. Also it positioned me in a way that it would take quite the effort to maneuver back to the passenger as it let me know after I passed them and with traffic, changing lanes, finding a place to not illegaul U turn would take a while - they would most likely be pissed about the delay and low star me. Instant FU turned off phone. Goddammit Lyft. edit: oops late the party on this per thread date.

15. Alexxx_Uber

Alexxx_Uber

It’s a pain in the ass, but always log off after accepting the request. No auto assignment happens. This is the only way to avoid it.

fumbl3 likes this.
  16. reg barclay

reg barclay Moderator

Driving:
    UberX
    I got an auto assigned ride yesterday and was able to cancel, no problem. Even noticed a third reason 'I don't want this ride'. Presumably that reason was there because it was auto assigned, hopefully that means it doesn't count towards cancellation rate.

Screenshot_20181108-143729.png

17. Merc7186

Merc7186

Driving:
    UberXL
    WHY ARE YOU CANCELLING?

...because its a Lyft request.

'Nuff Said.

fumbl3 likes this.
  18. Seahawk3

Seahawk3

Driving:
    UberX
    Auto assign without consent is the same as being an employee. I am an independent contractor and it's a breach of contract for them to auto assign anything

Danny3xd likes this.
  19. Daisey77

Daisey77

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    I found the screenshot I took when I got the message saying I was not able to cancel the ride. I wasn't kidding. Is literally said you cannot cancel this ride
    Screenshot_20180923-061102_Lyft Driver.jpg

Christinebitg and Danny3xd like this.
  20. Jufkii

Jufkii

Driving:
    UberX
    I tried one time getting rid of an auto add ride by uninstalling the app. A half hour later I reinstalled it but the ride was still active. there was a message saying something like " Start driving towards your pickup destination". Uninstalled the app again. Reinstalled an hour later. The ride was canceled then. But they put me in some unofficial penalty box. Not that I cared , but I didn't get a single ping for several hours afterwards.

Danny3xd likes this.