1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ultimate guide: how to trick the FIFO queue system (XL,LUX,SUV)

Discussion in 'Miami' started by suland, Sep 25, 2017.

1. suland

suland

This trick was here for years, but after late app update with the possibility to change the service without going offline made it much easier to use.

1. Get closer to the FIFO zone, but don’t get into it.

2. Turn on all 4 services (X,XL,LUX,SUV), or those that you have with X.

3. Go online and wait 1 minute.

4. Get into the FIFO zone.

5. After the queue number appears - wait and often look at the screen (X line moves very fast), until it gets as close as possible to #1. Try not to be caught by X, otherwise you will need to cancel the ride from either side to take advantage of the preferred service ping.

Update to #5: If caught by X, quickly turn ON the Airplane Mode, while the ping is progressing and press the Accept Ping area. In this case the ping will disappear and you won't need to cancel the ride. After that, remove the X from the system and turn OFF Airplane Mode.

6. After reaching the desired number in the queue, remove X option from the list of services. At least for the next hour you will be at that position for the services left ON.

7. If you don’t get the ping within first hour, you might get bounced back again and will need to do the whole procedure again. But even if you stay at the bounced position, it will be much harder for others to put you to the back of the queue now.

IMPORTANT (for those who think they are taking advantage of the queue bug)
    8. Call Uber and tell them that their FIFO queue needs to be fixed. Fair play will prevail again.

There are some other tweaks possible depending on the situation, but you will figure them out in the process.

I am sharing this just because Uber does not respond to situations fast. They are aware of the issue, they just can’t figure out what’s going on. Hopefully they will fix the system soon after this post will become popular and chaos will start at all FIFO zones.

And don't thank me. My motto is Fair Play.

P.S. Share your experience, additions.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2017
    HiDuuken, rman954, brianboru and 3 others like this.
  2. JimKE

JimKE

So, how would that look to the non-Lux driver? And how would it affect the size and movement of the X queue?

3. Gubber Singh

Gubber Singh

Driving:
    UberX
    Thanks but this is too much finagling for my tiny brain.

LEO2112 and Flacco like this.
  4. DelrayUber

DelrayUber

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Great advice! Will try at FLL tomorrow and report back.

Flacco likes this.
  5. Good luck. Uber will deactivate you immediately when you do this. I am an employee for Uber and this is watched very closely.

My name is David lowell and I am the best Lyft and Uber driver there ever was along with my boy toy Lou sphincter. I know more about tricking the systems than most people know how to write encyclopedias . I don't even know what that means but let that be said.

You forgot one step btw . When switching to xl,lux,suv you have to go offline for less than 10 seconds or it will not work.

Your all welcome

6. Flacco

Flacco

Driving:
    UberXL
    Congrats on being the dumbest member on here!!

Your is You're by the way not that this is an English class but your post was irritating with incorrect points.

7. Thanks for the grammar lesson . I am the best Uber driver ever so grammar is not applicable . I am reporting you for being a teacher .

8. Flacco

Flacco

Driving:
    UberXL
    At least your dumb ass humored me by that joke.....

9. suland

suland

You won't even notice, if driving for X.

10. Old news, this was discovered day 1 they patched the queuing system in.

Your method is one of many.

11. Robkaaa

Robkaaa

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Not worth it. Even before you've posted it, there are so many drivers use it that you are end up in a queue with those drivers. With that thing and re-match system on drop off, I don't understand why SUV drivers even consider to go to airport queue. One of my friends decided to experiment with waiting time in the queue, so he putted on of his accounts on fake gps in the waiting zone. It took him something over 50 hours to get a ping. This is just ridicules.

12. Gubber Singh

Gubber Singh

Driving:
    UberX
    For you, the self-proclaimed stooge, we do not need to go offline to switch accounts.

suland and Flacco like this.
  13. JimKE

JimKE

So what you are describing would be an Uber queue that appears normal in size, and is moving quickly.

That is the exact opposite of what I have seen recently at MIA.

In normal times at MIA, the Uber queue should be 1.5x-2x the size of the Lyft queue and should be moving much quicker.

Recently however, the Uber queue has been significantly smaller than Lyft and moving only about 1-2 cars per minute. Sometimes, it moves even less than 1/minute.

Yesterday, I did an MIA dropoff and went to the lot for a break and to see how things were going. There were 60-something Lyft in queue, and less than 40 in the Uber queue -- but of course the lot was 3/4 full, so you know the Uber numbers are BS. I timed the queue movement for 10 minutes; the Uber queue moved 8 cars, so I left.

A few days ago, I saw 134 in the Lyft queue and about about 60 in the Uber queue. You couldn't even get into the lot -- it was packed. In reality, if there were 134 Lyft cars in queue, there had to be 200 in the Uber queue...but the queue only showed a fraction of what was obviously there.

This morning I did an early dropoff at MIA. There were 47 Lyft and only 24 Uber in queue. I didn't even bother with going to the lot, but as I drove past it going to 836 Westbound, I saw close to 100 cars in the lot. Again, total BS queue number for Uber.

Incidentally, the low queue numbers and very slow movement of the queue would be consistent with people manipulating the queue by using airplane mode.

I have no idea how that would work technically (definitely NOT a techie!), but using airplane mode would make the queue appear smaller, and would make movement appear much slower, because neither the people in airplane mode nor their departure from the queue would be visible.

How that would help them, I have no clue -- but they are welcome to all the $10 MIA rides they can handle!

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    suland and Flacco like this.
  14. suland

suland

Airplane mod will tag and stick you to the geolocation on the Uber servers. All the incoming-outgoing data will freeze. Think of having advantage with the short trip ride from the airport.

15. suland

suland

Updated on #5.

16. suland

suland

Well, thank you all for the input. Looks like Uber is finally cracking down on the issue. Hardcore "hackers" being deactivated.

17. JimKE

JimKE

What makes you say that? Any specifics?

18. suland

suland

You can ask Don in a parallel thread.

19. Kodyhead

Kodyhead

Driving:
    UberSUV
    Don may have gotten deactivated others may have gotten a warning who knows for sure

20. suland

suland

Well, of course, Uber chose wrong tactics. They should have fixed the system issue instead of threatening and deactivating drivers...