• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

ULEZ

Fostel

The way things go, I would not be surprised that as of 2040 they start charging Road tax for elec vehicles.

Someone has to pay for those roads....
Cabbie2B come on! If anyone here I thought that you will be well aware that VED (road tax) is not used 'to pay for those roads'. Govs use general taxes and everyone is paying for road maintenance since 1937!

VED means Vehicle Excise Duty BTW
In 1920, an excise duty was introduced that was specifically applied to motor vehicles; initially it was hypothecated (ring-fenced or earmarked) for road construction and paid directly into a special Road Fund. After 1937, this reservation of vehicle revenue for roads was ended, and instead the revenue was paid into the Consolidated Fund — the general pot of money held by government. Since then, maintenance of the UK road network has been funded out of general taxation, of which VED is a part.[4]
The whole article:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_Excise_Duty

UberLuxbod

G wizz, we're just tryna be helpful! Come on gentlemen and women, where's the positive attitudes?
People on this Forum are not as daft as you think.

The ULEZ has been discussed at length and TFL has a free ULEZ checker.

Do you work for MiWhip?

And are trying to get drivers information for you database?

Because it’s seems a little coincidental.

My posts got deleted :frown:
You’re touring for Business on the Forum, with a product that seems less than genuine.

What did you expect?

ULEZ Expert

You're far too suspicious sir, it's just a website that provides a tool for drivers and information. It's made by a driver for the benefit of fellow drivers. I know it may seem incredibly generous of us in this day and age, but it is what it is. No need to taint it with negativity.

UberLuxbod

You're far too suspicious sir, it's just a website that provides a tool for drivers and information. It's made by a driver for the benefit of fellow drivers. I know it may seem incredibly generous of us in this day and age, but it is what it is. No need to taint it with negativity.
Why would you even think about doing it?

There is nothing to be gained, TFL already has a search tool.

And every PH driver is well aware of the Euro6 standard for Diesels being introduced in Sep 2015.

As most PH drivers use a hybrid and all petrols are compliant for over 10years this means all petrol PHV must be compliant.

You have come on here touting to be an “Expert” in something.

And now you say a Driver has built this Website.

But why did he not come on here and say that?

I would advise everybody to use the TFL website not a 3rd party one.

ULEZ Expert

Why would you even think about doing it?

There is nothing to be gained, TFL already has a search tool.

And every PH driver is well aware of the Euro6 standard for Diesels being introduced in Sep 2015.

As most PH drivers use a hybrid and all petrols are compliant for over 10years this means all petrol PHV must be compliant.

You have come on here touting to be an “Expert” in something.

And now you say a Driver has built this Website.

But why did he not come on here and say that?

I would advise everybody to use the TFL website not a 3rd party one.
Each to their own.

Take it easy, peace

Cabbie2B

And where from YOU get informations???
TfL web???

ULEZ Expert

And where from YOU get informations???
TfL web???
We use the TfL's open API, similar to how certain apps can give you bus times etc. So its exactly the same as the TfL result, we just display the results in a more visually appealing way to help drivers identify the results better.

Cabbie2B

Cabbie2B come on! If anyone here I thought that you will be well aware that VED (road tax) is not used 'to pay for those roads'. Govs use general taxes and everyone is paying for road maintenance since 1937!

VED means Vehicle Excise Duty BTW

The whole article:
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_Excise_Duty
Thank you very much for information.
Call it whatever, VED, RT,.....that gives you right to use roads so among other tax burdens that goes into government wallet.
And from there roads are being funded.

Please read that Wikipedia article again.

UberLuxbod

We use the TfL's open API, similar to how certain apps can give you bus times etc. So its exactly the same as the TfL result, we just display the results in a more visually appealing way to help drivers identify the results better.
Oh dear.

Seems fine to me.

What do you do add some nice colours?

If you look in CarGiant they even tell you if a car is ULEZ compliant.

So even the free TFL Checker is redundant.

Let alone one that might be collecting my data for whatever reason and selling it on.

TFL site asks for nothing but Reg No.

Attachments

Cabbie2B

So if it is SAME as TfL, why should I go with you then?
Possibly you might understand differently and misinterpret the TfL info?!? No?

UberLuxbod

So if it is SAME as TfL, why should I go with you then?
Possibly you might understand differently and misinterpret the TfL info?!? No?
Or ask for some personal details or Email Address?

Imagine the value in the Email Addresses of drivers with cars that are soon to need replaced due to not being ULEZ compliant.

Data is valuable.

Imagine the number of times your personal data can be sold.

We have all had the phonecalls trying to get us to claim for made up whiplash or PPI.

Skiip

Folks the ULEZ checker on the TFL website is for private cars,TFL have targeted PHV drivers in a very cunning and merciless way in other words there aim was to put a maxinma dent in Uber and Add Lee but unfortunately it's the drivers who will pay the price,For PCO license by 2023 all cars needs to be zero emissions in order to get licensed,so Euro 6 as private car might be fine in ULEZ but to be as a PHV registered car it has to be a Zero emission,so get ready for a big expense to buy a fully electric if you guys wants to work as Private Hire Driver,the ten year age rule is out of the window from 2023 or 2022 for petrol/diesel/Euro6/Hybrids vehicles the game is over,unless if you have a fully electric car..

Last edited: