Uh oh, I angered the GrubHub gods.....

Launchpad McQuack

My GrubHub days may be numbered. I got this in my e-mail today.
GrubHub said:
Hi Launchpad,

We have removed your GrubHub blocks because the manner in which you utilize our platform indicates to us that you are unwilling or unavailable to partner with GrubHub. For the time being, all of your scheduled blocks for the week have been removed and you will not have access to schedule new blocks.

You're still able to take offers by toggling available in the app without a scheduled block, but you won't be eligible to receive the guaranteed hourly minimum.

So that we can discuss the status of your account and work with you to restore your access to blocks, please book a 10 minute phone appointment here:
<<web page URL>>

Thank you,

It looks like I just got called to the principal's office.

Launchpad McQuack

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don’t sign up for blocks...
I don't either. That is one of the many things that is funny about this situation. They're trying to punish me by taking away my scheduled blocks when I didn't have any blocks scheduled to begin with. The owner of the company that I used to work for used to have a metaphor for a situation like this, but I can't repeat it on this forum due to the profanity policy. It involved female prostitutes and things that they are not afraid of.

uberboy1212

I was blocked for supposedly taking advantage of guaranteed pay. They really think I was trying to scam them for a shitty $12/hr. GH sucks so bad lately I never even bothered fighting it.
Post automatically merged:

Yeah, I'm guessing that is probably the issue. My acceptance rate has gone down a lot since they quintupled the size of my delivery territory. So many orders are just not worth the drive to the pickup location.

View attachment 333146
24% acceptance on GH is high for me I’m usually in the teens

Launchpad McQuack

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Ha ha. I just got this text message from GrubHub:
GrubHub said:
Grubhub here. We have an open block in your market, now! Log on to add a block for incoming orders.

...and this e-mail earlier today:
GrubHub said:
Get ready to accept more KFC orders! Starting today through July 7th, we're offering Grubhub diners free delivery on all KFC orders nationwide, so we expect more orders than usual and potentially greater earnings for you!

Pick up any available blocks in your area, so you can get in on the extra deliveries!

Left hand has no clue what the right hand is doing.

amazinghl

KFC around me don't even get the orders on their computers after the driver arrives. KFC is a waste of time.

Last edited:

RabbleRouser

Hopefully a couple of spanks and 30 minutes in the naughty corner would suffice as your punishment.
oh dear lord, i deserve much more than a couple

Yeah, I'm guessing that is probably the issue. My acceptance rate has gone down a lot since they quintupled the size of my delivery territory. So many orders are just not worth the drive to the pickup location.

View attachment 333146
so in frustration you throw your phone to the ground and stomp on it?

VanGuy

I normally wouldn't do KFC orders either but the other night I did when the tip was big. Skip took the ability to see the tip away but I assume it was around a $4 delivery charge but the driver total was $14 so I'm assuming $10 tip.

oicu812

KFC is fast for me. It's not like they need to cook the chicken, make mash potatoes, etc. They just need to box the shit up and bag it.

Nats121

I don’t sign up for blocks cause they try sending you too far away. Just toggle on and take the ones I want
Based on what I'm hearing Grubhub is making it harder and harder for partners to make money.

I was blocked for supposedly taking advantage of guaranteed pay. They really think I was trying to scam them for a shitty $12/hr. GH sucks so bad lately I never even bothered fighting it.
Which delivery company doesn't suck these days?

Not only has every one of them cut driver pay, they're also exerting more and more employee-like control over their drivers.

Last edited:

uberboy1212

Based on what I'm hearing Grubhub is making it harder and harder for partners to make money.

Not only has every one of them cut driver pay, they're also exerting more and more employee-like control over their drivers.
I agree they all suck in their own way but GH is the only one that actually punishes you for having a low acceptance rate. At first it was just not allowing early access for scheduling but now they are actually banning drivers with low acceptance rate from scheduling altogether which is ridiculous

Nats121

I agree they all suck in their own way but GH is the only one that actually punishes you for having a low acceptance rate. At first it was just not allowing early access for scheduling but now they are actually banning drivers with low acceptance rate from scheduling altogether which is ridiculous
I got fired from Doordash for having a 17% acceptance rate, despite the fact their contract says drivers will never be deactivated for low acceptance rates.

They sent me an email saying that I was being deactivated for unassigning too many orders, which was a big fat lie.

My completion rate was 97%, my customer rating was 83%, and my on-time percentage was 82%.

I called support and they said I unassigned 8 orders the last night that I worked. The truth is I DECLINED 8 orders that night and unassigned ZERO orders.

I sent screenshots, emails, phone calls, etc, and got nowhere.

It's obvious DD was pissed about my acceptance rate and decided to falsely accuse me of cancelling orders.

They're an asswipe company.

dlearl476

I’m kind of baffled how high turnover seems to be a feature of the gig economy. Most industries value their skilled employees. At least until their benefit package makes hiring a cheaper inexperienced more attractive.

I wonder if they think as long as no one sticks around long enough to organize, it’s a plus. It’s not like any caveman can’t do it.