• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ugh...

otpaddler

Too many drivers, Uber needs to limit participants in certain area. No one makes any money as it is right now

4-WARNED

I counted 22 drivers in psl yesterday online at once. There used to be between 6 and 10. This sucks.
Sounds like heaven to me. Down here in Broward we have 20+ drivers in 5 square miles, 85c per mile & 13c per minute rates, plus we have to deal with no surge, and uberPool that's even cheaper than uberX at 75c per mile. Driver saturation gets much worse the further South you go. I'm so tempted to take trip the hour and a half drive up to your neck of the woods and stay there the whole day just to see how it goes. Seriously.

wk1102

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sounds like heaven to me. Down here in Broward we have 20+ drivers in 5 square miles, 85c per mile & 13c per minute rates, plus we have to deal with no surge, and uberPool that's even cheaper than uberX at 75c per mile. Driver saturation gets much worse the further South you go. I'm so tempted to take trip the hour and a half drive up to your neck of the woods and stay there the whole day just to see how it goes. Seriously.
Id be surprised if you covered your gas money. 3 hours online today, ome ride $5.10.

Its a super slow market, almost never surges even 2am sat night. I used to be one of 8-10 drivers, even then I wasnt that busy. In season I catch a few airport runs a week and its a little busier but right now, I wouldn't it would be very disappointing.

4-WARNED

Id be surprised if you covered your gas money. 3 hours online today, ome ride $5.10.

Its a super slow market, almost never surges even 2am sat night. I used to be one of 8-10 drivers, even then I wasnt that busy. In season I catch a few airport runs a week and its a little busier but right now, I wouldn't it would be very disappointing.
Wow. That's terrible. It's not uncommon to have days like that here if you always decline uberpool. For example, just last week I tried working a late morning / early afternoon stint near FLL airport since I was already in the area. I did get 3 pickup pings but they were all pool which I ignored, and after each one I got bumped out of the virtual queue and sent back down to the bottom, each for another 45 minute wait.

wk1102

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I was down there in February, the 29th actually. I had an airport run and dropped at ffl around 5pm, Im a little familiar with ft Lauderdale so I hung out down there for a while. I was pretty much busy non stop. It was before pool was there. I was getting pings to FFL from Los Olas, 25 minutes away. Later i was 10 minuets or so away and got an airport ping, I took it. i called and asked if she was going North, she said she was. I picked her up, start trip and the destination was south beach... ugh. She said she thought I said did you come in from up north.

My only other trip down there i had a 3x stacked ping before i even dropped. I did 3 or 4 nice surge rides before heading back. That was on January, I think. I don't know if I'd stick around down there now, not with pool and/or off-season.

nickp944

I counted 22 drivers in psl yesterday online at once. There used to be between 6 and 10. This sucks.
It's the same in Vero and Fort Pierce. I started driving pretty much exclusively in Martin County, but now that's been bumped to Miami, so I'm screwed. WAY too many drivers, yet Uber keeps trying to get more and still refuses to do any advertising - not helpful, particularly during this slow off-season!