Uber Drivers Forum banner

ud students

6K views 25 replies 10 participants last post by  oZo61 
#1 ·
Hello. I started uber 6 months ago. Last spring I actually enjoyed most ud pickups. Never any trouble.
During the summer it was quiet as we all know weekdays. Now that the students are back I still don't mind the short trips from house to house or Wal-Mart etc but my ratings have dipped.
Anyone else experience this.?

To me its tough. Lower ratings or make money.
Any input from anyone? Anyone stay away from ud on purpose?

#2 ·
Yes, my rating went from 4.9 to 4.6 after the weekend of August 28-30 doing a few rides in the UD area & I have only been driving part time since August 15. I also had a "no show" that weekend and I drove 17 minutes to get to it from South of town. Last weekend I tried a pickup on Brown Street to Jasper Street at 1240 a.m. 4 very drunk females. You have to spend so much extra time trying to find them for minimum fares. Texting, calling, waiting & they never put in the destinations. The one that ordered the ride was so mean and nasty to me I decided to stay away from UD late night weekends. I'll stay South of town where the intoxicated adults are funny & nice and give 5 stars.

#3 ·
Yeah when it comes to ratings, I realize I'm going to take a hit when I work the Friday and Saturday nights. Then I can make the ratings back up doing the airport rides during the week. In general, I'm not a fan of UD pickups. I agree with uber Annie takes a ton of time finding them. I have noticed more ride requests come in lately, less sitting around waiting on fares. Maybe the cutting the fares has helped. Idk

#4 ·
Another reason not to do ud students.

Waiting in front of a ud house. After 4 mins getting ready to cancel at 5 min he calls . he right across from me. Says he will be right there then proceeds to piss in the front yard. I know i know should have canceled. But i take to their real house n then they say wait i need my wallet then go to bw3.
I am going south of town

#7 ·
I had an early pickup at UD tonight 7:15 pm 4 students which led to a second trip to the OD. It was parents weekend so I thought maybe the students will be a little better. So at 215 am I accepted a request off Stewart. It was a "no show rider" after 5 minutes and 2 text messages. I drove 17 minutes to take it so I accepted the next trip to 404 Stonemill at 240 am. BIG MISTAKE. 4 drunk assholes. Wrong address but they did walk to me within 5 minutes...drop off was Marriott which was not entered they expected me to know how to get there!! I said if you dont want me to ask for directions then please enter the address it is our procedure. This led to everyone getting verbally abusive at me telling me I was rude from the get go..so at .43 miles I stopped my vehicle and said "everyone out of my car!!" your ride is over with me. I will not be treated like this. I am following the rules. 1M3F = 1 star. That is what I got from them and it was worth it to get them out of my life. Too bad it was the end of a perfect night with pickups. All 5 stars...My acceptance rating is going to be really bad because I ignored 4 pickups at UD in a row after these AHs

#8 ·
I was lucky Saturday mostly. The only ud students i had graduated in 2013. They wanted 5 in my car which is a very tight fit but i said no because i only have 3 seat belts. Going to crown plaza. The female upfront put her feet on my dashboard n then out the window. They were not drunk. Gave one star there

Then next trip was to fairborn n i spent 3 hrs non stop there....n made 15 in tips. No students. Kept heading back to ud but beavercreek n fairborn kept coming up.
Finally at ten a crown plaza call to with in 1 mile of my house. Perfect. Called it a night since friday n saturday i work at least 16 hrs between 2 jobs. A good night compared to lately

#9 ·
I was lucky Saturday mostly. The only ud students i had graduated in 2013. They wanted 5 in my car which is a very tight fit but i said no because i only have 3 seat belts. Going to crown plaza. The female upfront put her feet on my dashboard n then out the window. They were not drunk. Gave one star there

Then next trip was to fairborn n i spent 3 hrs non stop there....n made 15 in tips. No students. Kept heading back to ud but beavercreek n fairborn kept coming up.
Finally at ten a crown plaza call to with in 1 mile of my house. Perfect. Called it a night since friday n saturday i work at least 16 hrs between 2 jobs. A good night compared to lately
Every week at least 1 or 2 groups of people try to squeeze 5 in my vehicle. This week it happened at the Pour Haus young corporate business executives.

#10 ·
...BIG MISTAKE. 4 drunk assholes. ...so at .43 miles I stopped my vehicle and said "everyone out of my car!!" your ride is over with me.
Good for you Annie!

Since the start of fall classes I'll guess I've had 50 UD riders. 80% are great but my rating in that time has gone from a solid 4.93 to 4.81, and falling! My 7 day rating is 4.62 after shuttling them around this past weekend. Saturday night I had to ask some kids' father to put out his cigar, while he was in my car! Wonder where the sense of entitlement comes from?

Most of these kids are great, but the entitled assholes ruin it. I'm done with night time and Saturday rides at UD.

#11 ·
I just started last week. I've drove several UD students, and they seem to give worse ratings. Even called me unprofessional???? Not sure if it's worth the quick trips. Haven't experience drunk UD yet. I had one student call for an uber, i was 10mins away (which i found odd), and he was headed for an exam on campus (we were 10mins away), and was running late and made it my fault that he didn't get there on time?
So far, I'm not crazy that people can say what they want about you whether it's true or not.

#14 ·
I've been a driver for 13 months. 1750 trips. Trust me I have did my share of ud and wsu students. Hundreds of trips with drunk ud students.
I averaged about 4.84 rating with students. Have did less students lately. Less time close to campus. My rating is 4.87 today.
Rarely do students go far but usually to tan. The green maybe.
But have had ud student trip to Indianapolis and 6 time to Miami u. Oxford.
Take the good with the bad o guess.
Wsu students are 99% international and never drunk but don't go any farther than zink rd to campus either.
Oh i have figured out bartenders and hair stylists tip the most.

#18 ·
I drive Lyft/Uber in Columbus and would highly recommend make sure the college kids know who's in charge but also I wouldn't be above putting a sign up on the community message board on campus about how to rate your driver. Let them know bad ratings get you cancelled so don't be petty or the drivers will start avoiding campus, a lot of drivers avoid OSU here especially on the weekends because they are the worst passengers to deal with. I'll pick them up but I let them know this is my car if you want to be rude and disrespectful that bad rating goes both ways.

#20 ·
I"ve driven weekends, mostly late night, since March 2017. I try to avoid UD due to long waits, short trips, no tips, extra butts, rude kids, etc. The only way I'd recommend UD area is if you're desperate for work or if you want short trips to fill out the new driver referral quota of ?$300 guaranteed for your 1st 2o trips.

#22 ·
Sorry for your misfortune. Driving 17 minutes for a pickup is a recipe for paying for the privilege to drive people. Uber can't hold your accept rate against you, so forget about that. And don't sweat refusing service to folks that are hammered. It's in your best interest when there's no one capable of babysitting the hammered ones. If the Uber passenger(s) are using a ride arranged by a family member, bar tender, bouncer, etc pouring their problem into your backseat just say OH HELL NO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.