UberXL requirements have changed??

Acuario2016

I AM A NEW UBER DRIVER. MY CAR IS A SUV MODEL HYUNDAI SANTA FE SPORT 2015 BUT IT HAS 5 SEATS INCLUDING ME. WHY MY CAR IS SHOWN ON APP AS UBERX AND UBERXL??

UBERXL MUST HAVE 6 SEATS O MORE, RIGHT?

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Last edited:

Uber Steve LV

I AM A NEW UBER DRIVER. MY CAR IS A SUV MODEL HYUNDAI SANTA FE SPORT 2015 BUT IT HAS 5 SEATS INCLUDING ME. WHY MY CAR IS SHOWN ON APP AS UBERX AND UBERXL??

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
Uber XL is 5-6 passengers, each with the own seatbelt.

Call Johnny Cab

THANKS IN ADVANCE.
As i'm reading it there is no more XL so you shouldn't have to be concerned about it. Riders get what they get when it comes to them.

wk1102

My car started showing up as an xl a few days ago and i have 4 seats plus me.

Ive gotten 3 xl pings, only one was for more than 4 people, the 1st one. The other 2 i guess were mistakes, I'm not saying anything. I will just either text the xl pings to find out how many riders.

Call Johnny Cab

My car started showing up as an xl a few days ago and i have 4 seats plus me.

Ive gotten 3 xl pings, only one was for more than 4 people, the 1st one. The other 2 i guess were mistakes, I'm not saying anything. I will just either text the xl pings to find out how many riders.
I'm just wonder why there are XL pings when supposedly they is no more XL. So, is it that riders can request XL but XL car owners have no choice in whether they pick up XL's.

From what you said drivers are getting calls/pings for XL by riders that don't need an XL car.
Please re-read then because XL is alive and well. Riders should get what they ordered.
So, riders can order XL by requesting XL

but XL drivers no longer know what they're getting until it's late and they're forced to take the X rider

And if XL driver refuses to pick up X rider because the Uber rider is paying X fare, only $.90 a mile, the driver gets a disciplinary action. Correct?

This is bizarre.

TransporterX

I'm just wonder why there are XL pings when supposedly they is no more XL. So, is it that riders can request XL but XL car owners have no choice in whether they pick up XL's.

From what you said drivers are getting calls/pings for XL by riders that don't need an XL car.

So, riders can order XL by requesting XL

but XL drivers no longer know what they're getting until it's late and they're forced to take the X rider

And if XL driver refuses to pick up X rider because the Uber rider is paying X fare, only $.90 a mile, the driver gets a disciplinary action. Correct?

This is bizarre.
You will still be able to see what kind of request on the incoming screen.
If you ignoring 3 requests in a row, you will be timed out for 2 mins.

Bay33saw

THANKS IN ADVANCE.

Just email Uber and tell them you only have 5 seat belts in your car, they will take off the XL and you will be good to go. I had the same problem when I first started.