UberXL only gone in Las Vegas

ErnieCal

So I'm not a huge fan of driving for Uber. However I'll do an occasional ride here and there make a couple of bucks but only on Uber XL. Now over as completely eliminated the ability to only accept XL rides and they are now forcing us to also receive uberX rides. The issue is I drive a Lincoln Navigator and get about 12 miles to gallon in the summer with AC blasting. On uberX at $0.90 a mile plus wear and tear and taxes I'm breaking even on just about any trip. Now it seems that they're not even telling you whether the ride is XL or not I've been on the system for about 5 hours today and I have not accepted one request because all them say uberX. I'm curious if they're not even listing whether it's XL or X ride anymore. There's no possible way I can afford to drive people in my vehicle on x. Anybody else having this issue?

Abmija

Just you. I can still see and tell if the request is X or XL ride.
X rides is "UberX" on top of the circle timer, XL is "UberXL"
We all was pissed on the first and second day. To me I consider it a blessing in disguise, I've never seen a 5.9X since New Years Eve, but now it's almost every day.

Just ignore the X request,

ErnieCal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Got ya. Perhaps I just haven't had an XL ride near me all day. I did notice 2 Uberx surge rides but they were 1.3x which is still less than Xl normal rate.

Thanks for feedback . Yep I'll just keep ignoring all the x requests. I'm sure I'll be getting an email about not accepting enough rides now.

ErnieCal

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am also curious did everyone's uberxl option disappear under accounts?
I'm just having a hard time believing not one XL request on a Saturday night?

vegetto

Got ya. Perhaps I just haven't had an XL ride near me all day. I did notice 2 Uberx surge rides but they were 1.3x which is still less than Xl normal rate.

Thanks for feedback . Yep I'll just keep ignoring all the x requests. I'm sure I'll be getting an email about not accepting enough rides now.
Don't worry about it no more "see here >>>
" Acceptance rate is no longer Grounds for dismissal. if you don't see an XL below that timer, ignore. it wont hurt you anymore, But accepting them and then cancelling will.

gerg

Don't worry about it no more "see here >>>
" Acceptance rate is no longer Grounds for dismissal. if you don't see an XL below that timer, ignore. it wont hurt you anymore, But accepting them and then cancelling will.
I don't know, I let about 30 ping out the other night, received several time outs, and the next day, uber sent me a thteatening email saying I could be deactivating for refusing rides.

Call Johnny Cab

It's all BS !! Fake surge and all with Uber.
All rides should be $10.00 min. Here in Vegas.

$10 is completely reasonable and would go a long way to preventing abuse of drivers with the nonsense $3 rides that cost way more time to get to, then pick up rider, and drop them off. Each one of these moves has to take at least 5-10 mins in itself.

TransporterX

I don't know, I let about 30 ping out the other night, received several time outs, and the next day, uber sent me a thteatening email saying I could be deactivating for refusing rides.
They can't activate you for acceptance rate.. but will for cancellation rate.

gerg

Of course them telling us which level we have to drive on would make us employees, the last thing uber wants.

TransporterX

I'm getting conflicting info. Uber rep says low acceptance rate will get me permanent deactivation. Ubers legal TOS says no.
Read the acceptance rates section:
https://www.uber.com/legal/deactivation-policy/us/

On Acceptance Rates:

High acceptance rates are a critical part of reliable, high-quality service, but not accepting trip requests does not lead to permanent deactivation.

Consistently accepting trip requests helps maximize earnings for drivers and keeps the system running smoothly. We know that sometimes things come up that prevent you from accepting every trip request, but not accepting dispatches causes delays and degrades the reliability of the system.

If you are consistently not accepting trip requests, we will notify you that your ability to remain online may be at risk. If your acceptance rate does not improve, you may temporarily be logged out of the app for a limited period of time.

Call Johnny Cab

Read the acceptance rates section:
https://www.uber.com/legal/deactivation-policy/us/

On Acceptance Rates:

High acceptance rates are a critical part of reliable, high-quality service, but not accepting trip requests does not lead to permanent deactivation.

Consistently accepting trip requests helps maximize earnings for drivers and keeps the system running smoothly. We know that sometimes things come up that prevent you from accepting every trip request, but not accepting dispatches causes delays and degrades the reliability of the system.

If you are consistently not accepting trip requests, we will notify you that your ability to remain online may be at risk. If your acceptance rate does not improve, you may temporarily be logged out of the app for a limited period of time.
(Please correct me where I'm wrong on the following).

These statements from Ub are more things that prove Ub is an employer and not contracting, according to legal discussion on rideshare. If you are CONTROLLED by those who say you are a contractor then you're an employee. In this case if you're free to pick up When and Who you want this is part of being a contractor.

"If you are consistently not accepting trip requests, we will notify you that your ability to remain online may be at risk. If your acceptance rate does not improve, you may temporarily be logged out of the app for a limited period of time."

To say you maximize your income come the more rides you accept is RIDICULOUS, (consider ride after ride at $3 ea. It takes 15 mins to do the basic's, find,pick up, load, and drop not to mention drive time. this would amount to $12 and hr max). an outrageous attempt to brainwash drivers into doing anything they want.

If you consistently accept $3 rides time after time you will go broke. If you have to spend time loading and unloading groceries, or paint cans and boxes of tiles you will spend way to much time and you will go broke.

Last edited:

Lincoln Navigator L

The Lincoln Navigator L is a fine UberXL ride. It would only work for X if there were a better culture around tipping than there is.

Uber's claim that drivers make 10% more taking X and XL is not true when considering profit. It lowers the overall profit margin.

Call Johnny Cab

The Lincoln Navigator L is a fine UberXL ride. It would only work for X if there were a better culture around tipping than there is.

Uber's claim that drivers make 10% more taking X and XL is not true when considering profit. It lowers the overall profit margin.
Doesn't a Lincoln Navigator L qualify as Select as well. The reason I ask is I looked at Select cars and Lincoln Navigator is one of them. I must say I don't see much call for Select. Last night I saw a number of calls for XL if the Ride Source website cal be trusted.

Last edited:

gerg

Doesn't a Lincoln Navigator L qualify as Select as well. The reason I ask is I looked a Select cars and Lincoln Navigator is one of them. I must say I don't see much call for Select. Last night I saw a number of calls for XL if the Ride Source website cal be trusted.
Depends on age.

uberxreallysux

So I'm not a huge fan of driving for Uber. However I'll do an occasional ride here and there make a couple of bucks but only on Uber XL. Now over as completely eliminated the ability to only accept XL rides and they are now forcing us to also receive uberX rides. The issue is I drive a Lincoln Navigator and get about 12 miles to gallon in the summer with AC blasting. On uberX at $0.90 a mile plus wear and tear and taxes I'm breaking even on just about any trip. Now it seems that they're not even telling you whether the ride is XL or not I've been on the system for about 5 hours today and I have not accepted one request because all them say uberX. I'm curious if they're not even listing whether it's XL or X ride anymore. There's no possible way I can afford to drive people in my vehicle on x. Anybody else having this issue?
What I want to know is who does the drivers whom drives Ford F-150 or Dodge Ram to do uberX. Why are these guys driving for free. I guess they love giving out free rides to drunks. So comical