UberXL Advice

J.A.F.O

Hi guys I just stepped up to Uber XL after 2 years on x I have a 2008 Nissan Armada being that the gas mileage is not the best what is some advice that I can do to make my outings profitable... should I run both sides X and XL or only do X when there's a surge any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated

Nasshan79

Hi guys I just stepped up to Uber XL after 2 years on x I have a 2008 Nissan Armada being that the gas mileage is not the best what is some advice that I can do to make my outings profitable... should I run both sides X and XL or only do X when there's a surge any helpful hints would be greatly appreciated
You chose the wrong vehicle. My Mazda CX-9 gets 22 highway and 18 city. Thats I’m the fringe of acceptable for money purposes. Minivans do even better. Your Armada is going to bite you hard in the gas department.

AP92

You chose the wrong vehicle. My Mazda CX-9 gets 22 highway and 18 city. Thats I’m the fringe of acceptable for money purposes. Minivans do even better. Your Armada is going to bite you hard in the gas department.
Does Uber still let you run Select with your CX-9 ?

backstreets-trans

I haven't found the XL to be that busy except the weekends. During bar surges passengers will order XL to get cheaper rides especially Tempe. I will shut off XL when surge gets high in old Town because most XL surge fares stay close to area.

XL I can do $600-$700 fri-sunday but the weekdays suck in Gilbert area. Find the airbnb golf outings and try to personalize.

Best advice would be to get a real job. Use Uber for extra money.

DriverXLPlus

Run both. It's about earning as much as possible. If you aren't moving you aren't earning.
Oh yeah, run both. You definitely want to give up that $40 ride cross valley with middle aged couple returning from a party and who tips $10, because you are carting six rowdy students, who have two stops to make on the way, for a minimum fare of $3.62 and haven't yet learned the meaning of "tip".

Adieu

Destination filters, 45+ pings, etc.

Don't drive empty unless a guaranteed fat fare is waiting for you at new location

getnada.com

IMPORTANT TIP: do not let more than 4 people in the car if they ordered the X.

I have an SUV that seats 8 and run X and XL. Some a******s order the X then say they have 5 people or more. Politely say it is against Uber rules to drive more than 4 passengers on the X. Then tell them there are 2 choices: cancel and re-order on Uber XL or cancel and find someone else to drive them. This mostly happens with cheap ass students.

osii

IMPORTANT TIP: do not let more than 4 people in the car if they ordered the X.

I have an SUV that seats 8 and run X and XL. Some a******s order the X then say they have 5 people or more. Politely say it is against Uber rules to drive more than 4 passengers on the X. Then tell them there are 2 choices: cancel and re-order on Uber XL or cancel and find someone else to drive them. This mostly happens with cheap ass students.
Au contrare mi amigo. Uber let's you charge them XL rates only if you have an xl car when they try to pile in 5 or 6 on an x rate. It's great when x is surging and xl is not. I purposely go out on the weekends in my xl and almost always catch a surge x that gets converted to a surge xl. Nice way to end the night with a $70 ride.

getnada.com

Au contrare mi amigo. Uber let's you charge them XL rates only if you have an xl car when they try to pile in 5 or 6 on an x rate. It's great when x is surging and xl is not. I purposely go out on the weekends in my xl and almost always catch a surge x that gets converted to a surge xl. Nice way to end the night with a $70 ride.
So can I change the rate from X to XL without having them cancel and re-order?

DriverXLPlus

So can I change the rate from X to XL without having them cancel and re-order?
Go to the trip, help,issues with fare
When I used to drive X, I'd driven to a hotels for X pickups and there would be a bunch of people waiting for rides. My group, seeing the larger vehicle would invite others who were waiting to ride along. I wouldn't say a word to them, after the trips were over I went to help, use the "too many riders" option to request a fare review and got the XL rate.

Jdemonto

When I used to drive X, I'd driven to a hotels for X pickups and there would be a bunch of people waiting for rides. My group, seeing the larger vehicle would invite others who were waiting to ride along. I wouldn't say a word to them, after the trips were over I went to help, use the "too many riders" option to request a fare review and got the XL rate.

Works well on surges as well!

J.A.F.O

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Thank you all for advice and sarcasm. I do have a well paying job after driving full time for yrs... Some of the