UberX vs Eats duriv COVID-19

801HappyCampers

I recently had Uber Eats added to my profile. I had assumed that Uber Eats would be really busy at this time (since UberX was pretty slow), but found that it wasn't very busy. Do any of you do exclusively Uber Eats, and if so, are there any recommended tricks to make it worth it? Or is Uber Eats not really enough to be worth it on its own?

And is anyone doing okay with UberX, or is that still pretty much dried up?

DriverMark

I find Eats not to be worth it in this market. $3-4 orders, long pickups, non-tippers. Make sure to position yourself where all the restaurants are.

When I'm doing delivery I do DoorDash.

Saturday 14th was the last night I drove people. I'm in Utah County, where still very very few cases (5?) reported (I'm sure there are more just not tested). I'm avoiding SL and Summit County ...... I had Lyft turned on while delivering last Friday night for 5 hours. Not a single ping. I have had Uber turned on here and there, only 1 ping in the time I had it on. Very dead.

801HappyCampers

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah I tried to sign up for DoorDash, but they said they were not taking any new drivers. I signed up for Grubhub though, and just got my stuff for it the other day. I'm not sure if you have that, but they have a schedule where you sign up. You can do it if you aren't on the schedule, but you get only overflow and rejects from those that are on the schedule. So tonight I have my first scheduled shift, and I'll see how that compares with UberEats. So far, I've only gotten a few orders in Grubhub over 5-6 hours. But I do UberEats and Gruhub at the same time. I sure do miss the kind of money I was making with Uber before COVID-19...

Sapper21T

I’m afraid to do UEats up here in Davis county because requests are far away and delivery are even further.
Thought about Domino’s, but takes time to go to training AND you have to be inside.

DriverMark

Yeah I tried to sign up for DoorDash, but they said they were not taking any new drivers. I signed up for Grubhub though, and just got my stuff for it the other day. I'm not sure if you have that, but they have a schedule where you sign up. You can do it if you aren't on the schedule, but you get only overflow and rejects from those that are on the schedule. So tonight I have my first scheduled shift, and I'll see how that compares with UberEats. So far, I've only gotten a few orders in Grubhub over 5-6 hours. But I do UberEats and Gruhub at the same time. I sure do miss the kind of money I was making with Uber before COVID-19...
How has GH worked your first couple times?

I did try to sign up for GH some time last year, but they weren't taking new apps. Maybe I should check it again. Doing both might be beneficial.
Post automatically merged:

I actually did 26 UberEats deliveries this weekend... everyone of them tipped, cleared $215 after gas and stuff
Not to bad!!!! DD been really busy, but I might run both when I go out tonight see if UE gives me any bones.
Post automatically merged:

I’m afraid to do UEats up here in Davis county because requests are far away and delivery are even further.
Thought about Domino’s, but takes time to go to training AND you have to be inside.
I worked for Domino's for close to 16 years. The upside, is yes you are inside. But when you aren't delivering you are at least getting paid min wage (unless they pay more here) to fold boxes and wash dishes. Even a slow night I always pulled at least $12/hr. And a slow night means little gas and miles on the car. Most times I made $15-20/hr, with spikes above that on really busy nights (like Fridays). 4 hour shift during the week always walked out with at least $40 in cash + my time on the clock ($32ish).

Last edited:

Sapper21T

I turned on Uber for first time in weeks.
For some reason got a world map, then got a ping for UberEats- 22miles for $4.78, don’t think so!
this was up in Clearfield area.