UberX to NYC surge?

Caspita

Just happened to notice this in Surge 2x app. Not sure since when but would be interesting if we can those specific NYC with a good surge!

6E8C204F-368D-4D15-9DA2-0EFAD696B355.jpeg

pvtandrewmalone

The "UberX to NYC" is a "hidden" trip category. It exists on the back end of Uber's systems so that TLCs get New York trips only. It's probably something we NJ drivers will never see... They still want us to take NYC trips if no TLCs are available. Would be nice if they "unhid" this choice from NJ drivers so we could filter NYC trips on/off/exclusive as needed, especially at EWR.

Last edited:

Undermensch

The "UberX to NYC" is a "hidden" trip category. It exists on the back end of Uber's systems so that TLCs get New York trips only. It's probably something we NJ drivers will never see... They still want us to take NYC trips if no TLCs are available. Would be nice if they "unhid" this choice from NJ drivers so we could filter NYC trips on/off/exclusive as needed, especially at EWR.

Nope. That trip category gives rides to NJ drivers too. It's impossible for me to prove it to you but I'll say computers is my field and I have confirmed it.