• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UberX san diego > UberX LA

lrod1887

la needs to step up.

Was in san diego and took uberX, i noticed it was a bit more but not by much...

$1.85 base fare vs. $0
.20 cents a min v .18 cents
$1.20 a mile v. $1 a mile

LA loses in every category. Not to mention gas is more expensive and cost of living is higher in LA..

This dont make sense

Attachments

Dany

I don't blame uber since there r stupid enough drivers out there willing to drive $1/ mile
Why bother increasing the fare.BTW I don't mean uber dose the right thing
It's F****d up company

Gretzky

Sad part is that most people who use Uber in LA wouldn't even notice/care if the rates were the same as above.

I assume the rates are what they are here do to competing with Lyft? Would be interested in seeing Lyft's SD rates

billybengal

la needs to step up.

$1.85 base fare vs. $0

LA loses in every category. Not to mention gas is more expensive and cost of living is higher in LA..

This dont make sense
I think you missed the email from Uber explaining that smaller fees = more rides = more $ for drivers. Not so long ago Uber raised per mile by 10 cents in L.A. (doesn't sound much but that's 11.1%, who has job that give 10 or more % raises?) and did that make drivers happy? No!!! Why? Because of lesser demands, less earning.
If you have any further questions you should contact your local uber support.
P.S. I am not affiliated with Uber but I am very mentally challenged ;-)

San Diego Steve

Sad part is that most people who use Uber in LA wouldn't even notice/care if the rates were the same as above.

I assume the rates are what they are here do to competing with Lyft? Would be interested in seeing Lyft's SD rates
Lyft is 1.25 mile vs uber at 1.10 mile. Around the same base and minute fee for both of them. I drive for both in SD.

soonsoon

la needs to step up.

$1.85 base fare vs. $0

This dont make sense
That's right! L.A. rates is one of the lowest in the region with no base fare.

soonsoon

more-money.jpg
more-money.jpg
I think you missed the email from Uber explaining that smaller fees = more rides = more $ for drivers. Not so long ago Uber raised per mile by 10 cents in L.A. (doesn't sound much but that's 11.1%, who has job that give 10 or more % raises?) and did that make drivers happy? No!!! Why? Because of lesser demands, less earning.
you mean this one?

soonsoon

You're also missing the part where Uber went from $1.10/mile 20cents/minute 80cents base fare TO $.90/mile 18cents and 0 base fare TO the current $1 rate.

All Uber cares about is their 20+% they take from ALL drivers. More drivers = more earnings for them!

San Diego Steve

Let's hope
You're also missing the part where Uber went from $1.10/mile 20cents/minute 80cents base fare TO $.90/mile 18cents and 0 base fare TO the current $1 rate.

All Uber cares about is their 20+% they take from ALL drivers. More drivers = more earnings for them!
Let's hope Google gets off their ass and enters the game!

poopy

Screw moving to San Diego,

You should commute to San Diego.
Lots of IE drivers commute to LA or OC every day...
BiG bucks!
:smiles: