UberX Rejected My Application

mizzrock

Uber rejected my application because of a ticket / conviction of illegal u turn (driving wrong side of road is officially what the cop wrote) and I have a total of 1 point on my license yet I was rejected???

I didn't do traffic school so maybe if I Do traffic school and it's cleared I can reapply and get my $500? Does anyone know? Currently emailing uber as well..

Raider

They must've made it stricter to apply now...i shit you not when i applied a year ago, i have 3 tickets...1 for illegal left turn, 1 for reckless driving, and one for speeding...all are moving violations...

Also have skeletons in my closet from my background too but i'm not going into that...they accepted me and i was driving in a week.

Bart McCoy

Uber rejected my application because of a ticket / conviction of illegal u turn (driving wrong side of road is officially what the cop wrote) and I have a total of 1 point on my license yet I was rejected??? ..

they actually told you that was the sole reason they rejected you?

but yeah no biggie right now, the rates are only 1.02/mile, although Uber has shown that they do raise rates
best thing going right now are the gurantees, who knows how long they last

Bart McCoy

I thought it was far more difficult to pass Lyft's screening process.

well for the most part with Uber you just submit documents. You clean you get 'hired'

for lyft you submit the same documents(including background checkes),but you actually have to see a real person,and they evalutate/determine if you are good enough to drive for Lyft

thats the only difference

mizzrock

They must've made it stricter to apply now...i shit you not when i applied a year ago, i have 3 tickets...1 for illegal left turn, 1 for reckless driving, and one for speeding...all are moving violations...

Also have skeletons in my closet from my background too but i'm not going into that...they accepted me and i was driving in a week.
Did you sign up for a bonus? ($500 after certain number of rides?) I feel if there's an incentive they'll try to deny you access to drive. You'll get denied by any ONE thing.

mizzrock

but yeah no biggie right now, the rates are only 1.02/mile, although Uber has shown that they do raise rates
No the background check people said that and I emailed support and he confirmed my only options are to contest the rejection.

mizzrock

Here's what support from uber said

Attachments

• Screenshot_2015-04-08-09-14-21.png
    Screenshot_2015-04-08-09-14-21.png
    71.2 KB · Views: 84

troubleinrivercity

well for the most part with Uber you just submit documents. You clean you get 'hired'

for lyft you submit the same documents(including background checkes),but you actually have to see a real person,and they evalutate/determine if you are good enough to drive for Lyft

thats the only difference

Lyft’s background check is of a different type than Uber’s, it definitely turns over rocks that Uber’s doesn’t.

Still the whole concept of screening with a criminal background check relies on the idea that bad people are super sketch and have been racking up trouble forever. But for many bad people, UberX will be their first real chance to hurt and take advantage of vulnerable people. So it makes more sense to just start interviewing drivers in person, as there are low limits to what a background check can accomplish. Uber should just start to slowly mandate dash cams. Of course because Uber’s a joke, I would only buy one that I needed anyway and only if it didn’t interfere with my sweet mountain bike runs.

Last edited:

troubleinrivercity

Search "denied by lyft+background” . Very common for X drivers with arrests or alcohol offenses not to be picked up by Lyft.

You can look at the PDF background checks Uber and Lyft did on you, they look nothing alike.

troubleinrivercity

Criminal history is a broad term, and an arrest is different from a charge is different from a conviction. Uber does not insist on a 100% blank criminal record.

troubleinrivercity

Source is me. I applied for Uber and Lyft and was denied by one. An item was absent from Uber’s bg check and present on Lyft’s, and cited in the denial e-mail as their reason. Not divulging any more personal information for obvious reasons. I post to help other posters, this is difficult information to come by and you’re not going to get any non-primary sources on it.

Emp9

Point me to your source, please.

had old stuff from 2001 and they said they only go back 7 years and i have a speeding ticket and a improper lane bs ticket on my Driver license and i got the all clear. its a case by case thing i guess. i doubt he got denied for just 1 point on driver license , had to be more to it.