1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UberX pickup not a four door what the heck?

Discussion in 'Vehicles' started by DB2448, Sep 13, 2015.

1. DB2448

DB2448

I'm a driver and also a rider. Needless to say I was a bit startled when I got picked up by a 4.8 driver, walked up to the back door, and was shocked to discover no handle to open a door.

I don't mind sitting up front, but I thought UberX required a vehicle to be four doors? My earlier ride that day had four doors and was a 4.9 driver rating.

Casuale Haberdasher likes this.
  2. MarkR

MarkR

Driving:
    UberX
    Sitting in front is better anyway. It's pompis to sit in the back. Besides if a 2 door is all you can afford then that's it. There was a video of a Ferrari doing uberX and I didn't see any *****ing about that. This was not a four door Ferrari.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
  3. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
    Did you verify the tags?

4. MarkR

MarkR

Driving:
    UberX
    What is with all rating references. I've seen this before 'picked up by a 3.6 driver' and alike. Who looks at ratings if they accept the ping, you are golden. This rating **** is non sense. I pick up pings and I send pings. I don't know what the person ratings are. I don't give a crap. I need a ride and they pick me up, that's all I ask. I ALSO TIP!!!

scrap the ratings Huber!!! If the college punk is drunk he won't tip, give a bad rating, throw up in my car which I use to get back and forth to work and screws over the driver (Reason I won't do it at night). NO THANKS! I'll stick with doing it on weekends during the day. I give 1 star for not tipping anyway. He/she could be a great person but don't tip and you get 1*. Where is the rating system now?

That's why I don't put any thought into ratings so neither should you.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2015
    Casuale Haberdasher and mizzrock like this.
  5. DB2448

DB2448

Yes. He also had the Uber Nav app on.

mizzrock likes this.
  6. glados

glados

Your local Uber office made a mistake. He will probably be deactivated eventually once pax complains, although that may be a very long time if he's diplomatic when cancelling due to 2 door.

mizzrock likes this.
  7. MarkR

MarkR

Driving:
    UberX
    PAX should be happy we pick up their non-tipping asses up. Where else are you going to get a car in a matter of minutes? pax should shut up and take the ride they requested. it tells you what car they are coming in so if you don't like it then cancel right away but don't let me pull and then you cancel... that's horse ****.

naysjp and mizzrock like this.
  8. wrangler X

wrangler X

Well would **** your self if i picked you up !! I drive a jeep wrangler and most of the time without doors !!!

9. KGB7

KGB7

Driving:
    UberX
    Driven HMMWV, M35 2 1/2 ton truck, with out doors or top, would do it again in a Wrangler any day.

10. wrangler X

wrangler X

I've gotten a great response with my jeep living in va.beach !!! It's only a 2 door really no. Door lol don't know how It got aproved ??

11. MarkR

MarkR

Driving:
    UberX
    If It gets me from point to point safely that's all I can ask for. I tip by the way.

Casuale Haberdasher and mizzrock like this.
  12. MarkR

MarkR

Driving:
    UberX
    IMHO uber looks at it as another way of them getting more money. I don't really think they care what you drive as long as we bring the money.

mizzrock likes this.
  13. Tim54913

Tim54913

Is it possible that was a four door pickup, just not a crew cab? The 2007 Chevrolet Silverado extended cab I had was a four door pickup. When you opened the front door there was a handle to open the suicide style back door.

14. UberLefty

UberLefty

Driving:
    UberX
    Here in Sacramento, when I got my car checked out at Uber's office, they explicitly said the car must have "four separate doors with handles." Seems they are getting wise to the extra cabs and funky scissor door gimmicks. Yet you can still get your car checked at a third party mechanic, and the paperwork Uber sends you for the mech to check off is not as specific. So, loopholes are still there.

15. radzer0

radzer0

Atleast here we have a couple trucks that are grandfathered in. They were the first of the first on the NOLA market when they would basicly take anything nice. Ive seen one and its a really nice tundra. Which is on the not allowed list now.

16. iDriveNashville

iDriveNashville

Driving:
    UberXL
    Ahhh, the devil in the details...

Uber X - Does it seat 4+ driver? Does it have four doors?

Not "are all four doors accessible from the outside" Modern pickup doors are still doors, even if you have to open the front doors to access them.

Dontmakemepullauonyou likes this.