UberX Payout Calculation -Not worth my time and miles

N0tU8er

I am posting my 1 week of UberX Driving Experience and the cost benefit of driving UBER- You make your decision

1.Uber Gross Income according to payout Statement (B)(After subtracting 20% commission for
Uber)=$1.81/mile
2. Taxes in CA (LA County) =10%
3. Uber Net Income after taxes (subtract 10% state tax+subtract 12% Federal tax )=$1.81/mile -$0.40=$1.41/mile
4. IRS rate/Mile deduction as Independent Contractor (B) =$0.54/mile
5. Actual money pocketed by UBER driver based on real collected data=$1.41-$0.54 =$.87/mile

Conclusion: $0.87/mile translate to about $0.20/minute driving in LA traffic = $94.60/day net earning based on 8 hours of driving =$11.83/hour

Note: Chances are your return trip may not have any riders back to your home base ,so you are basically making half of 11.83/hours =$5.92/hour
Note: LA County passed a ordinance on minimum wage of $15.00/hour recently.

Last edited:

Ubernic

I don't view it as hourly. I view it as weekly/monthly what did I make over what it cost for me to do this. I commit the time I am willing to commit, if I am making what I need to make, and doing something I enjoy, I couldn't care less what the hourly comes out to. If I am dead for a couple hours for whatever reason and it drags my average down so be it, to me this isn't work. We are winning as long as we are beating our expenses and able to use the money made to improve our lives. If in the end we are breaking even money wise, then losing money due to wear and tear and depreciation, then yea, time to change it up, but as long as money is coming in that you didn't have before you should be thankful, or just go get one of those minimum wage jobs. Most people would rather drive a party bus than stock shelves, something about healthy experiences in life help balance things out.

HansBorge

I am posting my 1 week of UberX Driving Experience and the cost benefit of driving UBER- You make your decision

1.Uber Gross Income according to payout Statement (B)(After subtracting 20% commission for
Uber)=$1.81/mile
2. Taxes in CA (LA County) =10%
3. Uber Net Income after taxes (subtract 10% state tax+subtract 12% Federal tax )=$1.81/mile -$0.40=$1.41/mile
4. IRS rate/Mile deduction as Independent Contractor (B) =$0.54/mile
5. Actual money pocketed by UBER driver based on real collected data=$1.41-$0.54 =$.87/mile

Conclusion: $0.87/mile translate to about $0.20/minute driving in LA traffic = $94.60/day net earning based on 8 hours of driving =$11.83/hour

Note: Chances are your return trip may not have any riders back to your home base ,so you are basically making half of 11.83/hours =$5.92/hour
Note: LA County passed a ordinance on minimum wage of $15.00/hour recently.

$1.81/mile after commission??
That does not make sense. You say it is in LA
LA fares are Base Fare 0 - 0.15 per min - 0.9 per mile
with 3 min per mile you get $1.35 per mile minus commission which I beleave is 25%
That make $1 per mile.

Last edited:

Fullfilled

Just had a rider today who has ridden with me before Twice today they charged her $6.50 the minimum and I got $3.19. That is not even 50%.

UberIsAScam

Try driving in Orlando. $0.65 a mile prior to Fuber's cut. The only people that drive are either desperate, senior citizens or straight up idiots.