uberx fare is now fixed upfront ??

unclesam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I did a case study on my morning run, conclude that multiple drop off will not add any $ to the fare , and taking longer route ( rider asked you to take alternate route to avoid erp ) will not add any $ to the fare also.

driver09

we need an official news by uber man.. this can really make a statement of whether will i be moving to grab or no.

renyeo

If true then detours should incur extra fares on top of the "upfront" portion.

Uber needs to come out with an official statement as soon as possible over this rumor ha ha!

:wink:

unclesam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
more news coming confirmed that fixed fare thing being implemented today , if you did not hit incentive tph, check yout fare and ask for fare review, if you hit tph , nvm since uber is going to top up anyway, but how about later of the day , how about tonight I wanted to chase surge and don't care about incentive ????
What should I do ????

renyeo

If you could drop by Uber Hub today before they closed and if you could get hold of the manager and force it / press it / pump it from the horse's mouth lor...

If true then you need to refrain from making detours from the dropoff route. It's also an excuse to decline waiting for example mothers dropping off their offsprings at childcare en-route to the office. Also politely decline riders who asked for multiple picks/drops because fares are now upfront calculated based on the dropoff address.

I see there are drivers who chao-chao wouldn't earn the incentives so Uber should not neglect this demographic of drivers who wish to earn only "real fares" - it's a win-win situation for Uber mah so why cause them heartaches leh?

:smiles:

renyeo

It's what GrabCar has been peddling insofar. There were a lot of frictions between Grab drivers and riders as a result, because cheapo pax wanted to maximise their money while drivers wanted additional compensations for the extra miles. Ha ha!

driver09

if fixed fare might as well covert to grab, it pays 0.80 per km as compared to uber 0.45 per km. dude make some sense

Braun

I've just received word on Uber, seems like they are still rather unclear about the fixed rates as it has just been recently rolled out. I believe this new system allows the rider to undercut drivers if they have multiple stops, require drivers to wait in the car during trips or have inserted a wrong address.

I have since suggested to Uber on either sending riders to first destination and asking them to make a new trip request or cancelling on riders who would like to make multiple trips/stops in between. I shall hear from them and update on this thread.

This is my mail to them:

Thanks for letting me know of the new initiative that was rolled out by Uber. I have yet to learn about it till today. Can I ask since there is an upfront pricing, what would happen when riders want to go to two destinations, wouldn't the upfront pricing only calculate the estimated distance and time for one destination?

Secondly, what would happen if the rider wishes to make multiple stops, leaving the driver in the car to wait on them? I've had experience of riders getting takeouts from McDonalds while I wait in the car, will drivers be remunerated for the wait in the car since upfront pricing is there?

Thirdly, what would happen if the rider insists on taking a different yet longer route compared to what the GPS suggest, would the upfront pricing take that into consideration, or do we ignore their suggestions and insist on the route provided by Uber to avoid additional unpaid km's clocked.

This is Uber's reply to my questions:

Originally, riders are really not supposed to have extra stops or pick ups on an uberX trip. While this new fare scheme have just been rolled out recently, we are still making necessary tailor fits to avoid confusion on both riders and partner-drivers and we do apologize for any mislead on this one. However, if you feel that a fare is incorrectly computed or technical glitch happened while on a trip please do let us know and we'll look into it.

Sohgoody

Checking with the uber rider app it seems it is not in Singapore yet. If it is uber should keep us informed.

renyeo

Glad to know extra stops or pickups on X are not sanctioned by Uber.

Straight to the point, damnit riders.

Ha ha!

Hayashi Takeshi

I just did 3 trips in the evening.

Teban garden to grand hyatt,

Journey took 42 minutes, 9.2miles. I have 1.5x surge when i pick up. Fare was only $18.80.

1 raffles place to amoy street

Journey took 22 minutes, 1.2miles. I have 2.2x surge when i pick up. Fare was only $9.36.

Amoy street to thye whye.

Journey took33 minutes. 17.7 miles. I have 1.8x surge when i pick up. Fare was only $30.

Means they dont factor in surge anymore. F*** whats the point of friday night chiong surge?

Monty Gwee

Hi All Uber Driver Partners

Recently Uber updated the Uber Partner Apps and we Uber drivers are now losing out. Firstly, the surge pricing is a joke. No surge for distance and time but maybe base start fare. Secondly dropping off Riders on Uber X at 2 destinations or more is your own cost as the fare is now upfront meaning fixed fares. I did a check on fare estimates and it does not tally at all. Anyone from Uber Management can assist to clarify? I now will tell me Riders that only one destination per Uber X and no more waiting, detour, etc. as base on Uber latest updated App