1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

UberX - do you take 5pax?

Discussion in 'Advice' started by xlr8ed, Jan 8, 2017.

1. hulksmash

hulksmash Well-Known Member

In hindsight I should have just done the fare adjustment as I normally do. I would still get a dashcam in case they ever dispute the number of riders. Also I'd imagine there may be drivers who abuse this and ask for adjustments when there weren't 5+ pax so you must cover yourself

2. PTUber

PTUber Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    You get away with that? I frequently pick up 4 PAX, 2 couples is pretty common. If you came to get me and I had 4 riders and you wouldn't take us I would be complaining to Uber. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't like it considering you signed up for 1-4 passengers.

goelpellc, cindym and JE1 like this.
  3. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

So the guy complained you took cash -not as "tip" but - to compensate for the fare adjustment? What a D-move.
    That's good to know what someone could do to ultimately make you out to be the bad guy, even though they were trying to cheat.

4. Coachman

Coachman Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    If they're going to drop you for a violation they can drop you for anything... speeding, going through a stop sign, failing to yield, failing to turn signal, failing to wear a seat belt, expired license or registration. There's a hundred things people do wrong while driving that might cause an accident and theoretically your insurance can drop you for any of them. In just about every accident, one of the drivers involved violated some traffic regulation.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
    Undermensch likes this.
  5. RamzFanz

RamzFanz Well-Known Member

There's no need to warn them.

I encourage them to overload so I can upgrade them to XL. When in college or college bar areas, before I pull away to pick them up I send a text saying "I can only carry up to 6 passengers" giving them time to add people.

6. richyrich567

richyrich567 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    i've been doing it for months. i do a no show or do not charge depending on circumstance. more pass in car more problems for me..i like to avoid em...complain all you want pass.....

7. RamzFanz

He's referring to pool I would think.

8. richyrich567

richyrich567 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    let me give you an example. i got a ping a while back. i pull up and see scott and friend but there is 2 others near them but pretend there not with scott. i pull up and i have a feeling there with them. so i pull down window and say are you scott and he says yes. i say ok. then i see other 2 guys coming to my car. that's 4 pass...i just say oh shiet i gotta go..sorry and do a do not charge..now if scott wasn't around and i see him coming out with 3 guys from apartment i do a no show and take off...i only take 2 pass...

9. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

You know that jacky chan meme like "whaaaa?"
    That.

10. mmmike

mmmike Active Member

LOL. That's awesome.

11. thesatanicmechanic

thesatanicmechanic Active Member

Driving:
    UberX
    No way. Did it once my first week driving.

Have cancelled the half dozen or so times it's happened since then with the too many pax choice. Reported the ride and my cancellation rate wasn't effected.

12. Oscar Levant

Oscar Levant Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX

yeah, and guess what, the lawyers will go after YOU if your insurance turns down the claim and you know insurance companies, they are not warm and fuzzy mom and pops who bleed for you when you **** up, they are corporate greedy MoFos looking for every reason not to pay. NO CAN DO. More than 4 people, SORRY.

13. JimKE

JimKE Well-Known Member

This particular type of support resolution does come quickly and properly. But they are very limited on what they can do. But for this...they're good.
    Or...just Uber on and contact support later.

Why risk a cancellation...argument...bad rating, etc? Just be nice to the pax, and adjust the fare with support later. Easy.

cindym and mmmike like this.
  14. Blackout 702

Blackout 702 Well-Known Member

But are you wack? I mean, they said it twice. Thats a compelling argument.

Undermensch likes this.
  15. Do tell

Do tell Well-Known Member

That's a great tip for the XL drivers who want to make extra money.

Undermensch, cindym and RamzFanz like this.
  16. ChortlingCrison

ChortlingCrison Well-Known Member

Whatever you can't fit in the front and/or back, put in the trunk.

17. RamzFanz

I set it as a shortcut in my phone. UOW (Uber On Way) sends the full text.

Hi, this RamzFanz your driver. I'm on my way. Please be ready to board when I arrive for a quick departure and please, I can only legally carry up to 6 passengers. Thanks!

I know it gets them to add people, several have thanked me for telling them I could carry 6. ;)

I think it also warns them not to try to overload because they never try anymore and they used to.

18. Beur

Beur Well-Known Member

You know you can request a fare adjust and uber will pay you the XL rate.

mmmike likes this.
  19. Beur

Beur Well-Known Member

I wouldn't tell them you're getting the fare adjusted, just do it after the ride.

mmmike likes this.
  20. Beur

Beur Well-Known Member

I like this move.

RamzFanz likes this.