Votes: 14 73.7%
  • NO, I love driving for Uber and will lose my license for them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • MAYBE, I'll wing it until my first 3 point fine then stop immediately

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters

Instyle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
2. Yes. But not from a company that disregards all our LAWS. and undercuts other legitimate businesses by doing so.
Taxis in QLD have had competition but needed more of it or Governments needed to relax the monopolistic regulations or structure that surrounds the industry UberX.illegal? whats your opinion on www.ozecab.com.au I recall when this company came out and created a bit of backlash.

Its promising to see an Aussie businessman invest into a vision, shame it hasn't taken off in all this time 2008/09 but you still see his cars at the airport all the time :smiles:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/fight-brews-in-brisbane-taxi-ranks-20100506-uccq.html

Last edited:

UberX.illegal?

Taxis in QLD have had competition but needed more of it or Governments needed to relax the monopolistic regulations or structure that surrounds the industry UberX.illegal? whats your opinion on www.ozecab.com.au I recall when this company came out and created a bit of backlash.

Its promising to see an Aussie businessman invest into a vision, shame it hasn't taken off in all this time 2008/09 but you still see his cars at the airport all the time :smiles:

http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/queensland/fight-brews-in-brisbane-taxi-ranks-20100506-uccq.html
I would back ozecab.com over uberx model anyday.

Sameshiftdiffday

Oze.cab is just a very well marketed limo service - all of the cars run on L plates - but created a lot of media interference when it was started - again clever PR

Instyle

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Oze.cab is just a very well marketed limo service - all of the cars run on L plates - but created a lot of media interference when it was started - again clever PR
I don't think his PR was clever enough, his concept of luxury travel at taxi prices should be more successful than what it is!

He wanted to obtain an actual taxi license and be the third operator in Brisbane but was laughed at by the Taxi council, so ran Limousines instead, i'll admit I don't know the full story but thats what I gather. It's all pre book through the web so it's compliant with the L plate as far as I can see?

Sameshiftdiffday

We Will never know the truth as there are so many stories - I heard his wife owned a taxi plate and he bought a new 300C (the first) and joined black and white cabs, but thought that because he had such a good car should be given preferential treatment over everyone else and be given all of the good jobs ( $100+) jobs in brisbane - when he didn't get his way he started advertising himself and contacted ACA to do a story - this and his attitude pissed off the bosses at Black and Wgite so they disaffiliated him - so then he went off and started OzeCabs ( really a limo service) and went back to ACA and did two more stories which helped him launch - just does normal limo contract work now for the govt. (ie Vet Affairs) and some mining companies - good luck to him for trying - my brother drive for him for a while and another friend but all left - apparently it is his way or the highway ..but still good PR and legal as well .. Meanwhile, back at the UberX ranch....

anOzzieUber

This is the easiest way to shut down Uber - why hasn't the current or previous government done it? They are addicted to the revenue from fines pure and simple - why shut down Uber when they can rake in $1m a year in fines?