UberSELECT Vehicles not luxury in KC

RobD

I'm an UberSELECT driver and it really irks me when I see Nissan Altimas and Honda Pilots as Select vehicles. Passengers pay more BC they're expecting a "luxury" vehicle. When they pay more than double the X rate, and a Honda, Nissan, or Chrysler shows up, they may think twice about ordering a select next time. Also, those non luxury vehicles are taking trip requests away from drivers with actual high end vehicles which cost more to maintain and operate. Last time I checked the list of approved vehicles, Nissan And Honda weren't on that list.

thomas1955

I'm an UberSELECT driver and it really irks me when I see Nissan Altimas and Honda Pilots as Select vehicles. Passengers pay more BC they're expecting a "luxury" vehicle. When they pay more than double the X rate, and a Honda, Nissan, or Chrysler shows up, they may think twice about ordering a select next time. Also, those non luxury vehicles are taking trip requests away from drivers with actual high end vehicles which cost more to maintain and operate. Last time I checked the list of approved vehicles, Nissan And Honda weren't on that list.
How long you been driving uber ?

RobD

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I started driving in Florida at the beginning of 2015. Moved here back in August of last year and didn't start to notice uber allowing non luxury vehicles to drive select until a month or two ago.

thomas1955

Well welcome to KC. There is a diff btwn select and lux. When they put out the new select list, they also grandfathered in those vehicles that wete individually approved for select, but are removing them if there are complaints by riders. Do you do x also? This was a requirement here in KC untill just this last year. Good luck, KC is not a Lux or Select market, midwesteners are not as status conscious as the east or west coast areas. 80% of the market here is the uberX platform.

Jimmy Bernat

I don't consider uberselect luxury it's advertised as a step above the ordinary.
If it was only luxury why would anyone order Black?
Most my select passangers tell me they take select because they get a better driver usually and they just were sick of getting into prius and camrys. Also some have said theybwere just sick of getting into 2001 Honda civics with stained fabric.
It basically just guarantees a newer nicer car with at least leatherish

RobD

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't consider uberselect luxury it's advertised as a step above the ordinary.
If it was only luxury why would anyone order Black?
Most my select passangers tell me they take select because they get a better driver usually and they just were sick of getting into prius and camrys. Also some have said theybwere just sick of getting into 2001 Honda civics with stained fabric.
It basically just guarantees a newer nicer car with at least leatherish
Uber Black is only in a few markets and what makes it different from Select is that the driver has a commercial license, the vehicle has commercial insurance, and it will be a black luxury vehicle. The official list of approved UberSELECT vehicles are all luxury vehicles (Mercedes, BMW, etc..) with leather interior. A Honda is not on that list. That's my beef.

Lilly45

Uber Black is only in a few markets and what makes it different from Select is that the driver has a commercial license, the vehicle has commercial insurance, and it will be a black luxury vehicle. The official list of approved UberSELECT vehicles are all luxury vehicles (Mercedes, BMW, etc..) with leather interior. A Honda is not on that list. That's my beef.
I drive a 2005 cadillac very clean and nice with leather interior , it's a 4 door and they told me I'm only uberX.. but everyone I have drove tells me I should be uber select.. because my car is very nice. I wonder why uber put me only in that unberX category?

2Cents

The Pilot is not on the Black list.