UberSelect getting new car on the approved list

Status
Not open for further replies.

pajala

I have been having an ongoing battle with Uber for the last three months to try and get my 2016 Calais on the approved list. It is already on the Go-Catch Premium list, no matter what I do our say I keep getting cookie cutter responses all the time.

Has anyone had any luck getting their car added top the approved list and how did you get this done

Apollo

I have been having an ongoing battle with Uber for the last three months to try and get my 2016 Calais on the approved list. It is already on the Go-Catch Premium list, no matter what I do our say I keep getting cookie cutter responses all the time.

Has anyone had any luck getting their car added top the approved list and how did you get this done
Just wasting your time.If your car is not on their select list then there's nothing you can do.You can argue until your blue in the face, but they won't budge.I agree a calais should be on select.

KenBruceHasGoneMad

You cant argue with robots.
You could get a reference from Jesus, about your Calais
and they'd still tell you,
" hey, go buy a vehicle on the Select list, if it qualifies, you're on your way".

Lol.

Whatever happened to SelectSkodaSuperb ?

Lol

andyxc

I have been having an ongoing battle with Uber for the last three months to try and get my 2016 Calais on the approved list.

What makes you think your car should be on the list? Gut feeling?

This isn't like a taxi where they require specific dimensions you can argue on. Your argument is completely baseless, if they allowed a Calais. All the Camry hybrids with leather would qualify too, same dimensions, model recognition... etc. I would just give up.

If you really wanted to do Select, sell it and get a slightly older Caprice for the same price.

drivindad

I gave up trying to get the Bentley added to the list

Rally_Sport

This isn't like a taxi where they require specific dimensions you can argue on. Your argument is completely baseless, if they allowed a Calais. All the Camry hybrids with leather would qualify too, same dimensions, model recognition... etc. I would just give up.

If you really wanted to do Select, sell it and get a slightly older Caprice for the same price.
Calias a tad bigger than a Camry. Also no chance for a boot driver with a hybrid Camry:p

pajala

Pretty sure a Calais is slightly (in fact a crap load better) than a Camry, so please don't compare it.

Bigger wheel base the BMW 3 Series. And how many Skoda's Superb's have you seen on the road?

If a Calais is good enough for Go Catch Premium why isn't good enough for Select?

Duderx

Unfortunately you all seem to be of the opinion that Uber has objective criteria that they use when making a decision. Beyond being less that ten year's old and having four doors that can be opened from the outside, the rest is subjective, hence the Red Book assessment issues and the rating system. Uber will twist and turn like a twisty turny thing (thanks Lord Melchett from Blackadder for that quote - and "I say you are a weedy pigeon and you can call me Susan if it isn't so".) in support of whatever they want to do to achieve their own ends. To compare a little Hyundai hatch with four doors to a SUV worth 3 times as much is clearly problematic. Once I need to change up, I'll start driving the wife's I30 and the four big bloke passengers (which I must have carried less that 5 times in over 2000 trips) can give me 1 star - I'll be saving a fortune on running costs. Having a big car on UberX is madness, the pax don't appreciate it and we don't get rewarded for it.

Tiktak

Just wasting your time.If your car is not on their select list then there's nothing you can do.You can argue until your blue in the face, but they won't budge.I agree a calais should be on select.
I am surprised it's not.

Grand

IMG_4482.GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.