Uber Drivers Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts
Yes, that's exactly my point.

By "standard bikeshare/rental," I was referring to standard (IOW, traditional) unassisted, self-powered bicycles, not "standard bikeshare" operations. Without a bike fleet consisting of at least 75% all-electric or assisted bikes, I don't think Seattleites will embrace bikeshare rentals.
All statements that I can believe are true.

Shag, bum bag, bloke, tosser, cheesed off, knickers, snog, nob, chuffed. Are you cringing non-stop?
My fave is bollocks. We should really import that one. It's such a funny sounding word. I also really enjoy when dudes refer to other (non elderly) dudes as geezer. The british have pretty funny slang. Why do Brits never go to THE hospital or A hospital, though? I can't figure that one out.

But we have so many stupid bike lanes
You mean loading zones? *snicker*

I'm skeptical that Uber will convince the people too lazy to walk 5 blocks to instead bike 5 blocks.

That being said, this is good for us, IMO. We almost always lose money on super short rides, and nobody is going to bike more than a mile or so unless they're already a regular cyclist and not using our services.
First they have to walk 8 blocks in the wrong direction to get to one of the locations where these are, presumably, secured and require payment to release...

First they have to walk 8 blocks in the wrong direction to get to one of the locations where these are, presumably, secured and require payment to release...
We have free range bikes here in Seattle, or as I call them City Sponsored Bike Litter. You just walk up to the bike on the corner, scan the QR and pay your Money via the app.

I seen a epic yard sale yesterday.

Lady on a scooter no helmet. Carrying a bag of groceries. Going down a road with Max (train) tracks.
She ate shyt when the front wheel went into the groove of the train track.
The Scooter went one way and she went the other. Groceries everywhere.
She must have done the Superman for about 5 feet before landing on her hands and face and doing a full on Scorpion in the middle of the street.
Nice homeless person made sure to clean up the groceries and gtfo before the lady noticed.

We have free range bikes here in Seattle, or as I call them City Sponsored Bike Litter. You just walk up to the bike on the corner, scan the QR and pay your Money via the app.
Or, you know, don't scan and just ride for free?
Or does it have a locking mechanism like the shopping carts... If so, I want video of it engaging during a ride when the balance runs out on your card...

Yeah, the more I think about it, I can see 2 good scenarios:
  1. Bikes are going to take the short hops. We are relieved of those $2-$5 trips. Most people are not healthy enough to ride 5 or 10 blocks. They'll bike maybe 3 blocks, at most 4. This considering how bumpy roads in Seattle are, potholes, hills (probably just 1 hill/block is enough for most). So there's plenty of better opportunities for us. They won't be touching $5 and up rides.
  2. Bicycle collisions are going to rise, between riders (yeah, you seen those erratic rides trying to cross a 50 yard intersection at Mercer), and vehicles. Go get your dashcams. I've noticed people behind me slow down and keep their distance as soon as they see my rear camera, but hey too late, I have their license plate if we're about to collide anyway. At least one road rage was prevented yesterday, somebody just wasn't happy when I merged from HOV into the regular lane to exit. He (yes I could see your face dirtbag) kept following from lane to lane and coming up my tailpipe but slowed down when he saw the camera. Maybe a dummy camera could work as a deterrent too!.
Gotta go.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.