1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber's Time-Out Tactics

Discussion in 'Technology' started by Luver-Boy, May 4, 2018.

1. Luver-Boy

Luver-Boy New Member

So it looks like Uber has put me in some sort of time-out, ever since I started turning down every single pool ride for the past month. The low-quality rides I'm getting from Uber now is noticeable: keeps me trapped in DT for hours with short trips, if long trips into the subs no pings to get out, keeps dragging me back to DT when I just drove away from, regular rides in surge areas. Anybody experiencing this?.

2. DexNex

DexNex Well-Known Member

What is your rating?

3. mark_mark

mark_mark Well-Known Member

do this! throw a wrench in their Algo... 3 times a week go to the airport que lot and wait... it will put you in a different category and put you back on normal track ... also take 1 or 2 Pools a day but stop new request... theses are not humans but AI aliens ****

4. K-pax

K-pax Well-Known Member

JJSJJS was talking about something like that. Higher ratings and acceptance getting better rides.

5. aspacepig

aspacepig Well-Known Member

I'm feeling it. 4.92 with 93% AR. Averaging nearly 15 bucks a ride.

6. Yooper

Yooper Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Ever since my rating slipped Uber is sending so much utter **** my way that I've spent most of the week on Lyft

the tide has come in, the brown sea surges

7. Skinny1

Skinny1 Well-Known Member

This, I never Pool and never feel slighted. I turn em down all day and sometimes ping ... airport.

Agent99 and melusine3 like this.
  8. mark_mark

mark_mark Well-Known Member

F Uber! they suck big fat hairy Ghost

melusine3, Dead Ant, Nats121 and 3 others like this.
  9. K-pax

K-pax Well-Known Member

My weeks have been mostly uber lately. 3 to 1 again, like when I started. All last year was mostly lyft. Lyft pt is doing what uber surge did most of last year. I’ll take whatever pays out better. My lyft raiting is climbing at least.

10. DexNex

DexNex Well-Known Member

Yep. He and I have been talking offfline about that. He was referring to my observations.

I am a 4.97 and I know that I pull long runs around other drivers all the time. Ratings matter.

There is another factor... Select or Black cars that drop in tiers (into XL and X) will pull around other X and XL cars. Saw this happen last night. I turned down the run of a 5.0 rated pax on XL... request went directly to another driver I know... who was much closer to the venue. Ride went out to Sammamish (FML). The system was trying to give me the long ride.

If I am rough on Uber for a week, and let my acceptance rate drop below 30%, or cancel a couple of runs, Uber doesn't give me any business the next week. So I firmly believe that acceptance and cancellation rates also apply.

Hungry drivers take crappier pings. Well-fed drivers appreciate the meals. It works both ways.

Last edited: May 4, 2018
  11. dimwit_driver

dimwit_driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    This. I have experienced several examples of this where when I dropped tiers I got long trips around other cars that were visibly closer on the pax app, in at least one case having a ride yanked from an X driver who had already accepted the ride (this was a very long trip; the rider was so happy when he got in my car and told me how he was getting an X ride, then all of a sudden the app informed him forget that that, another driver was taking the ride, and he was being upgraded to Select). I have also been beside or near Blacks running as Selects and gotten the ping that they didn't. I especially notice this now that I am running two phones and able to watch which cars are around as pings come to me.

There is still an element of chance. A request for a long ride needs to come in while one is dropped and near.

A few weeks ago somebody on the board expressed the earnest belief that the closest driver gets the ping. No, not necessarily at all.

12. heynow321

heynow321 Well-Known Member

My acceptance rate is 40% on boober currently and I have no problem finding good rides. Everybody here remembers the news story where Boober admitted that the cars you see on the passenger app are often times fake right ?

13. Risab1981

Risab1981 Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    I ended up at 18% the other night after the PM concert. I have trouble getting rides...but that's because I'm Select/XL...if i switch to X, i have no trouble getting X rides.

14. heynow321

15. Risab1981

Driving:
    UberXL
    I bet a bunch of those Rider app cars are fake, to cut down on perceived wait times. Someone could be getting "passed up"...or they could just simply not take the req. and it goes onto the next one. People could be online getting ready to sign off too and let it go. There's a ton of possibilities. You guys are over thinking again, giving Uber WAYYY to much credit.

Memba? No TNC uploaded, No AP Pickups for you? Well..still no TNC uploaded...still picking up. ;)

16. dimwit_driver

dimwit_driver Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberSELECT
    Why do you say you have trouble getting rides as a Select/XL? I drive Select. I get rides. No problem.

17. Risab1981

Driving:
    UberXL
    Look at your Location, and look at mine..lol...I don't REALLY have problems getting them. I chose not to drive that much nowdays that it's slow. Starting out in Kent, I don't get too many Selects, but they're there. XL's aren't much of a problem either in the mornings. I have a FT job, so I'm not out there all the time. I also don't want to go drive up north/east without a pax while it's still kinda slow. Once **** picks up, I'll be more apt to drive a bit to get going, knowing I can stay busy.

Took an XL this morning..AP run...dropped off.went back home, back to sleep..Quick $50...good enough for me.

18. Direwolfismyspiritanimal

Direwolfismyspiritanimal Well-Known Member

I totally agree that drivers are giving Boober way too much credit. Boober is not that good. My rating is 4.96, never been lower than 4.95, which seems acceptable. I NEVER take Pools yet I still will get 5 Stool requests in a row like last night. My cancel rating is 20% currently, has been as high as 35% and I still get plenty of good runs.
    This reminds of why religions were created. Stuff happens by chance but people always have to create a mythical "reason" of why it happened.

Yomann, kc ub'ing!, Pfestus and 11 others like this.
  19. Risab1981

Driving:
    UberXL
    Exactly...go looking for a pattern, you WILL find or create one.

20. heynow321

the human brain is always looking for patterns. it's part of our survival instincts. If we notice some noise coming from a bush and the last two times that noise turned out to be a lion, your brain is going to tell you it's a lion the 3rd time.

the reason boober got rid of 6 destination filters was b/c of "network integrity" issues, to use the words they used at the propaganda meeting. the average wait time was increasing for customers, especially those going north, b/c every driver had their filter set to seatac. boober wants rider wait time to be as low as possible. they aren't giving a long ride to a driver that is 3 miles away with a 4.93 rating vs. the driver who is 3 feet away with a 4.86 rating.

however, if there are 3 drivers that are all 3 feet away....that might be a different story. it would make sense from boobers perspective to ping the highly rated driver first.

Dug_M, Robkaaa, MoreTips and 2 others like this.