Uber's response to rider stealing my charger

Uber15

so I had a rider that stole one of my phone chargers that I have for them to use. When I reported it to uber, I thought I would get some support. Don't know why I thought that. Time and time again they've dropped the ball. Don't really care for the drivers.

Here's their response. It felt more like them telling me "screw you".

Attachments

Reactions: njn

IERide

I can kinda see their point of view.. They don't want to get stuck in the middle of what will amount to nothing more than a he-said-she-said pissing contest.. Imagine if they did reimburse for stolen items how many crooked drivers would try to take advantage since there is no way to prove anything.

Old Smokey

so I had a rider that stole one of my phone chargers that I have for them to use. When I reported it to uber, I thought I would get some support. Don't know why I thought that. Time and time again they've dropped the ball. Don't really care for the drivers.

Did you have water and candy to offer? The stupid customer just wanted to make sure he can charge his phone on his next $5.00 Fuber pool ride.

MattyMikey

Call their bluff. File a police report and have them contact Uber for the info.

madUber74

Given that chargers aren't too expensive it's probably not worth wasting your time with Uber support. I had an iPhone charger stolen week 1 of driving Uber. I initially figured, "I'll just put the charger in the back seat pocket and pax can just use it if they need to." BZZZT! Wrong answer, newbie. So naive was I. Well, lesson learned. Now I keep the chargers and cables under lock and key. If pax want to use them they have to ask, and I make sure they're handed back over to me at the ride's conclusion.

SIDE NOTE: Aux cord is treated the same. Keeping it hidden means that I can tell them I don't have one if I suspect they'll play @@@@@@y music (censored word rhymes with splooshy).

Uber15

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Did you have water and candy to offer? The stupid customer just wanted to make sure he can charge his phone on his next $5.00 Fuber pool ride.
I do offer candy and water. I was helping their friends get out of the back seat and the charger was up front. Trying to figure out how I can secure everything in my car. I guess I should grab my cellphone too when I go help them out?

Need to get a dashcam so uber/police will have more than my word I guess.

Carena

I do offer candy and water. I was helping their friends get out of the back seat and the charger was up front. Trying to figure out how I can secure everything in my car. I guess I should grab my cellphone too when I go help them out?

Need to get a dashcam so uber/police will have more than my word I guess.

Why are you helping people out the car ? And chargers are cheap so I don't get the fuss.

scott huston

Tell them you picked them up at home and now have to go there to settle this yourself thanks to uber. Obviously don't really do this but just to see what uber does.

Nikncarlo

And yet they are ready to give out your phone number to a passenger if they complain they left a stick of gum behind in your car

MattyMikey

Uber freely provides your personal information with PAX for lost items. Does Uber consider PAX as partners?
Actually they always ask permission ahead of time (at least with me) if they can share my number with passengers.

Smokenburn

if you had a camera you could have a case. Someone stole my Bic lighter the first or second week. 6 guys going to Top Golf Friday afternoon. Shady cleptomaniacs. Can't stand the alcoholic spoiled brats in Atlanta.

BWC38

Ok so if a rider leaves personal item in my car I am free to take it without being contacting by Uber once rider tells Uber what happened?. I know that's not the case. Nothing but biased for the riders.

I have had people leave behind expensive phones, cash, credit cards, umbrellas just to name a few. How someone could be so dumb to leave behind important stuff like that in a taxi is something I don't get.

Then again, I drive mostly nights with drunks