• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber's response to Lyft's new rates in Austin......

JustTreatMeFair

Stand By.....

It's coming.....

LYFT has NEVER made a change that Uber did not follow shortly after.....

I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking and afraid to bring up.

Noonespecial

Stand By.....

It's coming.....

LYFT has NEVER made a change that Uber did not follow shortly after.....

I'm just saying what everyone else is thinking and afraid to bring up.
Oh, they're thinking it too, they just cant get up off their knees and get their face out of Lyft's lap. Im moderately hopeful, because these changes were made in other cities prior and Uber hasnt followed yet. If only people would stop blowing the hand that feeds and bite it for a change.

Noonespecial

It's actually the other way around. Uber has made these types of rate changes first (or announced them first), then Lyft follows suit. This is the first time Lyft has made major rate changes without following Uber's lead. Lyft is growing up!
This. Even the switch to upfront pricing uber had moved first.

wilsonz83

It's actually the other way around. Uber has made these types of rate changes first (or announced them first), then Lyft follows suit. This is the first time Lyft has made major rate changes without following Uber's lead. Lyft is growing up!
Lyft now has 30% market and they have enough drivers with rental cars to support any rate cut.

Ziggy

How do those drivers make any money?
They don't ... or they join the homeless begging for cash to make ends meet.
That’s crazy...
Yeah ... insane, but some of these drivers have already been booted off of Uber and if you don't have Uber & you don't have a car and you don't/can't get a "real" job ... then you're stuck with 29¢/mile ... the other insane thing is - How do Lyft executives sleep at night, knowing that they are robbing their rental car drivers blind?

Noonespecial

I've said it before but I swear they're just gonna scrap the self driving cars. There's no way that the self driving cars are cheaper than 29 cents a mile.
Phoenix regular lyft rates are 30 cents, i dont even wanna look up phoenix rental rates.

tcc83

At this point, I think they could go to 9 cents a mile and people would still be out there. There is no bottom to the market. I started 4.5 years ago and barely drive now. Haven’t given a ride in 3 weeks and I’m in no rush to get back out there. Used to be pretty easy to knock out 100 after work on a Friday and have some extra spending money for the weekend. Making anything is a complete grind now unless you get lucky with some rides or big tips.

wilsonz83

They don't ... or they join the homeless begging for cash to make ends meet.

Yeah ... insane, but some of these drivers have already been booted off of Uber and if you don't have Uber & you don't have a car and you don't/can't get a "real" job ... then you're stuck with 29¢/mile ... the other insane thing is - How do Lyft executives sleep at night, knowing that they are robbing their rental car drivers blind?
It turns out they are not so heartless, just watched a video saying that in Minneapolis now Lyft is $0.33/mile However rental driver still get paid $0.25/mile!!!

Noonespecial

You know those rental drivers dont get the mileage deduction because they dont own the car, so they have to use the actual expense method, so after the cost of the rental and gas, any profits they actually make they owe taxes on. Just pure insanity.