• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber's New Terms and Conditions: Rasier Technology Services Agreement, November 25, 2019

Riley3262019

Uber/Rasier is such a dodgy organization. I wanted to log on to Uber after work tonight but the app prompted me to sign a new services agreement. I decided to click on the agreement (don't mind that they did not highlight the agreement but highlighted the Yes, I Agree button), it's 27 pages long and as I begin to read and made it up to page 11, I concluded that this organization is really out of their minds. One anti - worker policy after the other. It's unbelievable, I didn't click on the Yes, I Agree button. I couldn't bring myself to agree to those terms. It became obvious to me tonight that it is time to move on to some other side hustle.

Did any of you guys saw the new agreement? If yes, did you read it? If you read it, what are your thoughts?

Dekero

It's a means to an end... Nothing I could do would ever affect change to Uber.... I agreed and went on to make my $100 bux for the nite. The day will come when this gig plays out.... When it does.... It does .. it is what it is.
Post automatically merged:

I could not and will not do it. Let them fail at this point as their greed is showing and will lead to their demise
Whatever you took a ride ping 2 minutes after agreement to the terms... And haven't thought twice bout it ... As if....

Taxi2Uber

I skimmed through it, but didn't see anything that seemed to be new.

Hopefully someone who enjoys reading and analyzing these types of documents will chime in and find what is new or changed since the last agreement and supplements.

I think I will make the efforts to opt out of arbitration this time around.

RDWRER

I skimmed through it, but didn't see anything that seemed to be new.

Hopefully someone who enjoys reading and analyzing these types of documents will chime in and find what is new or changed since the last agreement and supplements.

I think I will make the efforts to opt out of arbitration this time around.
Someone else posted the changes on another subforum, but basically you have to agree now that Uber is a technology company instead of a transportation company and that you are not employees of Uber and as such will receive no benefits.

Taxi2Uber

Someone else posted the changes on another subforum, but basically you have to agree now that Uber is a technology company instead of a transportation company and that you are not employees of Uber and as such will receive no benefits.
Thanks.
I searched yesterday and nothing came up, and I thought it was weird nobody was talking about it.
But searching again, I now see other threads on the subject pop up. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

MadTownUberD

The Trendy Transporter
To me it looked like the new content was highlighted in bold paragraphs. Yes, I think most of it revolves around drawing a line in the sand as to what type of company Uber is in light of recent lawsuits. I don't think anything really changes for the average driver as long as you are okay with being an independent contractor oh, and not an employee, which I am.

Steve appleby

I had to laugh at the new contract. It’s a smart move by Uber and they basically pulled the carpet out from underneath the drivers and pulled a fast one. 😂😂You don’t agree with the new terms of the contract, you won’t drive. You get painted into a corner. 😂😂

Just remember California, your not an employee until Jan 1st 😂😂😂😂

Dekero

See thats the problem here there is no standing up for each other here as fellow drivers. I say a comment of honesty and here you go with shitty antics. No need for it, appricieated fully, and again noted.
My bad.... But according to your actions your not a driver anymore so get over it... And get looking for your new job....😄😄😁😁😛😛

Dome

Uber/Rasier is such a dodgy organization. I wanted to log on to Uber after work tonight but the app prompted me to sign a new services agreement. I decided to click on the agreement (don't mind that they did not highlight the agreement but highlighted the Yes, I Agree button), it's 27 pages long and as I begin to read and made it up to page 11, I concluded that this organization is really out of their minds. One anti - worker policy after the other. It's unbelievable, I didn't click on the Yes, I Agree button. I couldn't bring myself to agree to those terms. It became obvious to me tonight that it is time to move on to some other side hustle.

Did any of you guys saw the new agreement? If yes, did you read it? If you read it, what are your thoughts?
I posted on their fb page how crooked it is of them to push these new agreements on drivers the way they do, right when a driver is ready to go earn money. There's no reason these agreements can't be given in advance other than to prey on driver desperation or hardship to continue earning money. I can't imagine other businesses attempting to do this with their "partners".

I wish I could see the previous agreement to compare changes (I don't know why drivers don't get copies of agreements they agree to). However I did notice in the section that refers drivers earnings, it states drivers have the authority to negotiate a passenger fare that's lower than the fare they charge passengers (but never higher) and they agree to abide to the new fare agreement. Like why the heck would a driver negotiate to accept less than what low rates Uber already charges to passengers, but that's to claim drivers have control over how much they charge and are independent contractors.

Last edited:

troothequalstroll

I had to laugh at the new contract. It’s a smart move by Uber and they basically pulled the carpet out from underneath the drivers and pulled a fast one. 😂😂You don’t agree with the new terms of the contract, you won’t drive. You get painted into a corner. 😂😂

Just remember California, your not an employee until Jan 1st 😂😂😂😂
Pulled a fast one? Any illegal term in a contract or agreement puts it in breach, no bother reading it I'm sure it contains at least 50 illegal terms and drivers should opt out & disregard it none of it will hold up in courts & 96% of drivers fail anyway so it really only keeps Uber lawyers busy

troothequalstroll

Not a transportation service but we're "driver partners" & they take 50-90% of drivers fares while threatening drivers who take "inefficient" routes why do they have anything to do with traffic routes & fare cut?

If their not a transportation service surly a connection fee doesn't require a 50-90% cut to where they make more than drivers on most trips

Lol the people who write this crap are high on cocaine it's counterdicts itself every other paragraph & uses basic dictionary words wrong

Riley3262019

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
The agreement opens by stating: "This technology services agreement constitutes a legal agreement between you and Uber Technologies" It went further to state that the company provides "lead generation to independent providers of rideshare or peer to peer passenger transportation services using the Uber services as defined below" Everyone knows what services they provide - so I wont bother repeating it here. Now to the fun part: You acknowledge and agree that Company is a technology services provider that does not provide transportation services. This is the most significant part of their opening statement and they lied in their submission. I do hope that the authorities will take them up on their deceptive business practices and sanction appropriately. If you are just a tech company, state your fee up front to me as a client, connect me with those seeking rides on the platform and stay clear of everything else. I don't need you to help me process my fare because I can process it myself. But the truth is that Uber is a thieving company who wont accept that it is a thief. The way this rideshare thing works is too juicy to let go. If you charge a flat app accessibility fee, you (meaning Uber) already knows you don't get to participate in the billions of dollars that will be floating around afterwards. You then devise clever ways of siphoning the contractor's money because you can. Yes, you built the app and paid for the advertising but you do not own the assets that actually bring in the money. You are banking on the desperation of the average person and on their vulnerabilities. You knew this, the reason why you have invested heavily on behavioral economics, psychology and other important academic areas that affects how human beings behave. You are indeed the worst of the worst. London is the first. France will follow. And before long, you will be relegated into the corners of the third world. That is where you belong. But enjoy it while it last, we shall come after you in those countries as well. Its just a matter of time.

Last edited: