Ubers new surge notice to pax

mandreyka

On the news they have been talking about how uber is now going to tell pax exactly what the ride will cost.

When is this going to happen? I think it will suck for future high surge rides. Had a ride Saturday night that cost a drunk dude $130 to go about 14 miles,those may be harder to come by now

Too Many Miles

Probably, on flip side, it would force the clients to enter a destination to get an Uber.
They would not let us see it anyway.
Uber keeps digging it's grave deeper, has anyone notice that the rates are not listed on the website any more? If they haven't, they are well hidden.
Very sneeky, now nobody will know what a trip should cost passengers and drivers can get screwed with this.

Optimus Uber

On the news they have been talking about how uber is now going to tell pax exactly what the ride will cost.

When is this going to happen? I think it will suck for future high surge rides. Had a ride Saturday night that cost a drunk dude $130 to go about 14 miles,those may be harder to come by now
I think the surge will be the same, but they'll get a quote based on the surge rate. Passengers hate surge, so don't tell them it's a surge just tell them the next 14 miles is going to cost you $130 because of demand and limited availability. If passengers can't multiply then don't make them. Just tell them, this is what your paying. Suck it!!

It will also help limit the amount of people waiting for the surge to disappear before they get a ride. If they have to put in the pick up and drop off everytime they get a quote, they'll get worn out and just take the ride.

I think most passengers don't realize how insignificant the surge is on short rides.

mandreyka

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think the surge will be the same, but they'll get a quote based on the surge rate. Passengers hate surge, so don't tell them it's a surge just tell them the next 14 miles is going to cost you $130 because of demand and limited availability. If passengers can't multiply then don't make them. Just tell them, this is what your paying. Suck it!!

It will also help limit the amount of people waiting for the surge to disappear before they get a ride. If they have to put in the pick up and drop off everytime they get a quote, they'll get worn out and just take the ride.

I think most passengers don't realize how insignificant the surge is on short rides.
I do agree it will help us on the mini surges but hurt on the mega surge rides. May push more to Lyft.

Most of the 1.3 1.6 surge rates are in significant to most pax when they need a ride because rates are so cheap.

Had a pax tell me once that it cost her $20 to get to an event but her bill for the return was $70. I asked her if it was surging and she didn't know.

I guarantee this drunk guy I took had no clue , he was so bad that I had to basically make him get out of my car.

My rating got a little ding, but for $97 net they can ding it all day long

Too Many Miles

I do agree it will help us on the mini surges but hurt on the mega surge rides. May push more to Lyft.

Most of the 1.3 1.6 surge rates are in significant to most pax when they need a ride because rates are so cheap.

Had a pax tell me once that it cost her $20 to get to an event but her bill for the return was $70. I asked her if it was surging and she didn't know.

I guarantee this drunk guy I took had no clue , he was so bad that I had to basically make him get out of my car.

My rating got a little ding, but for $97 net they can ding it all day long
It is all about the trouble free experience for the passenger. This way they will not have to type the surge to accept, all they have to do is accept the price.
Then of course one day the passengers will complain and file another class action law suit. Same old story, always changing everything.
:wink: