Jamesbw27

Anyone agree? I live in a rural area about an hour north of Atlanta. I used to actually get trips here. Not anymore. Now I'll go down towards the perimeter and still will be waiting at least 30-45 min in between requests.

My point is, the market is flooded with drivers. I see advertising all the time wanting new drivers to sign up. I never see advertisements for passengers to use uber. I see lyft passenger adds all the time.
It's technically the passengers making uber the money. Why not do cheap advertising in rural areas or better yet, all over.
The numbers aren't accurate but in my opinion I feel like a year ago the ration was 2-4 drivers for every 1 passeneger. Now it seems like it's at least 8 drivers for every 1 passeneger.
I was driving around duluth to Gainesville yesterday. Was online a total of 5 hours. Guess how many requests I got.... 2! And they were both $3.75. The one other request I got, I accepted immediately then uber gave me some bull shit "error accepting trip" message.
So what's everyone's opinions? Do y'all agree?

crusoeatl

I guess it depends on the location. I drive in Duluth a lot, but I usually start in Suwanee/John's Creek. I turn my app on at home and before 2min I will have a request. Sometimes 5secs after going online. I also get stack requests in the area most of the time if I stay in the around John's Creek/Alpharetta area. Look up your rider app to see how many drivers are around and move accordingly.

rex jones

I am not sure how it works with local governments and Uber/Lyft etc. Its a concept that "could" work anywhere. Its an over saturation issue, in the ATL market. Not sure you would really want to drive 8-10 miles into some random town to pick somebody up to take them to the dollar store, at 3.75 like you stated. Car ownership in smaller towns, is just not going to be replaced by Uber at the same pace, like in the city.

Also Lyft, just wants to be Uber in this market. It is that simple. That is why Uber went offline during the storm and Lyft did not. Don't believe the national narrative hype between the two companies.