1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Featured Uber's latest Screw You to drivers

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by elelegido, Jul 13, 2017.

1. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

Just when it seemed Uber was running out of ways to abuse its drivers, wait; there's more! This latest Screw You to drivers involves incentivizing pax with bonuses of $25 to submit claims against drivers for allegedly not taking service animals, when that claim results in a driver deactivation. Note that the bonus is not for any alleged inconvenience suffered by pax; it is specifically payable as a celebratory bonus credit when a driver is deactivated.

upload_2017-7-13_19-44-43.png

Also, all Uber requires from pax in order to deactivate drivers is that the reports sent in by them are plausible. All a pax has to do is claim that it happened, and if the driver cannot prove himself innocent then he is well on his way to getting terminated.

upload_2017-7-15_22-34-15.png

So, what a great way to incentivize pax to make those reports, whether true or false. 180 days of change, my arse.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2017
    MrAbduz, doggerel, Lee239 and 27 others like this.
  2. KellyC

KellyC Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Get ready for a deluge of false reports.

3. Lissetti

Lissetti Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Get that dash cam running! Pull it off the mount if you have to and make sure to get footage of the animal in the car if it happens to be laying on the floor in the back ( out of dash mounted camera range.) Ask the animal's name and make sure to audibly greet the animal as it enters the car and leaves the car. If the pax won't say, fine, "Hi Doggy! Bye Doggy" will do. That will stand up in court when you sue Uber and lying pax for accusing you of what amounts to a violation of a federal disability law, costing you to lose your means of income.

4. elelegido

elelegido Well-Known Member

If pax catch on to this, it could also mean false reports when there was no dog presented curbside for transportation. Driver's guilty until proven innocent, and after two false reports, the driver's done and the pax that made the second report celebrates with the $25 bonus.

5. Lissetti

Lissetti Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Again dash cam, WITH AUDIO. Since Uber rarely will tell you the date or time of such an alleged offense, send those over paid under qualified Support employees ALL your footage for the entire week and tell them I dare you to find any instance of me refusing an animal. They will not want to go through your entire collection, no more than a penny pinching company like Uber wants to shell out $25.00 to a pax, possibly opening themselves up for a lawsuit by said pax with an admission of guilt on their part. It's sort of like when you get in a car accident. What's the first thing your insurance company tells you. Never say your sorry or admit fault.

I bet with a cheap a$$ company like Uber they will make the pax fight tooth and nail before they release that $25.00 out of their greedy little grip too.

6. Yozee

Yozee Active Member

I always like your input!

Lissetti likes this.
  7. Uberfunitis

Uberfunitis Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    I doubt they will even look at the video, it is not worth their time. Once you have multiple complaints you are gone no need for them to investigate, and you can take it up in court with the passengers if you believe they are reporting untrue events.

Yulli Yung likes this.
  8. LA_Native

LA_Native Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberX
    Believe?
    If one knows (s)he's innocent of refusing service to a person with a service animal, it's not a matter of belief.
    Whereas, I don't know if you're simply here to troll, but I do believe that to be the case.

9. Uberfunitis

Driving:
    UberX
    I said believe, because a driver could have very well canceled on someone with a service animal and not realized it because they were canceling for some other reason and potentially never even saw the service animal that was there. The passenger with the service animal though could very well report such a thing not knowing why the driver choose to cancel.

10. LA_Native

Driving:
    UberX
    Again, the driver would know why (s)he cancelled.

11. Uberfunitis

Driving:
    UberX
    Sure the driver would know why he or she canceled but that would do nothing about the person with the service animal that was canceled on and is now complaining.

Yulli Yung likes this.
  12. Lonie

Lonie New Member

We tell them fares are too low, but they raise the booking fees. Uber is only worried about their profits.

lowcountry dan likes this.
  13. LA_Native

Driving:
    UberX
    So it's not a matter of what the driver believes. It's not at all difficult.

14. Uberfunitis

Driving:
    UberX
    It is still about what the driver believes, if he or she is not aware that he has just canceled on a passenger with a service animal. In fact he just did cancel on a passenger with a service animal but he or she believes that he or she did not.

15. LA_Native

Driving:
    UberX
    Incorrect.

16. Cableguynoe

Cableguynoe Well-Known Member

Driving:
    UberXL
    yea, he's starting to try too hard to argue against what's in most drivers best interest.

In any case, they would have to get canceled on first to be able to make a false report. I dont see this being a big issue.
    Even if they wanted that $25, what if driver doesn't cancel?

Last edited: Jul 14, 2017
    mrpjfresh and LA_Native like this.
  17. Uberfunitis

Driving:
    UberX
    If there is no cancel I doubt that there would be much of an issue as they took the ride. They could not very well say they were refused if they took the ride.

18. LA_Native

Driving:
    UberX
    Correct.

New Member 0001365427 likes this.
  19. REX HAVOC

REX HAVOC Well-Known Member

It should require that the rider has to upload to Uber a photo of the service animal registry number as proof to get compensated.

20. Uberfunitis

Driving:
    UberX
    There is no registration required for service animals.