1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. Sign-up HERE!

Uber's latest scheme to kill surge... Hold ride requests

Discussion in 'Los Angeles & Orange County' started by Showa50, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Showa50

Showa50

Driving:
    UberX
    Pool's cause a lot of surge. So Uber is now holding order fulfillment to help curtail surge.

In the 5 minutes between when this order was placed and when a match is promised, Surge would typically change a lot because there wasn't a match as quickly. Lots of drivers would not accept POOLS. The order would timeout because no one would take it.

But now Uber is holding these orders until a seat becomes available or finds a driver more likely to accept the pool request.

Order fulfilled no need to make it surge. Plus these POOL pax are no longer staring at their phones waiting for a match. The app is basically telling them it's ok a car is coming.

I know this type of app knowledge/breakdown is over a lot of drivers heads. But some of us have been talking about this for a while.

Screenshot_20180809-182859.png

Lord Summerisle, qaz, Breezze and 3 others like this.
  2. OCJarvis

OCJarvis

That's f'n evil

3. Showa50

Showa50

Driving:
    UberX
    On par for Uber

f killa and HotUberMess like this.
  4. arto71

arto71

Driving:
    UberX
    This thread is very bright example of as to why uber drivers will fail ,if it was about politics or some musty gasses,no offense to anyone, it would’ve had 200 replies and 500 viewers.This is very interesting topic and lot to learn,but Almost no interest to gutter more info on how does pax app work.

Lord Summerisle, qaz, Z129 and 3 others like this.
  5. yomomma

yomomma

Driving:
    UberX
    Uber screwed-up with express pool. Now you have more people selecting this option, and less drivers willing to take them.

Spread the word among drivers that you get low ratings from pool paxes. That is enough to screw with Fuber big time.

Better than protesting against Fuber about pricing.

Great thread OP.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    Lord Summerisle and NUBER-LE like this.
  6. OCJarvis

OCJarvis

I'm surprised too. This is a vital issue and no response. It goes to show how little thought people actually put into this gig.

7. yomomma

yomomma

Driving:
    UberX
    I like how Fuber says you ride is "booked". These mongoloid imbeciles keep lying to both parties.

8. LA Dispatcher

LA Dispatcher

Driving:
    UberX
    Pool express holds for 5 minutes so it won't take up it's own car. I rarely get express pool because I hit stop new request. Ever wonder why you get matched instantly once you accept pool? It's the express pool on hold waiting for a "piggy back" so it won't lose money on a solo vehicle. I get express pool pings mostly during am rush. It's cheap because it going to get matched more accurately with the 5 minute hold.

Lord Summerisle, qaz, f killa and 2 others like this.
  9. Showa50

Showa50

Driving:
    UberX
    Spot on. I just remembered when I took a Pool express the pax app matched with another rider before showing me a driver was matched.

sissypower and f killa like this.
  10. LoveBC

LoveBC

Driving:
    UberSUV
    You took that pool as a rider for science right? Not to be a cheap paxhole?

ALyftedFUber likes this.
  11. LA Dispatcher

LA Dispatcher

Driving:
    UberX
    I always cancel the lowest payout. Easy way to screw Uber. Will always go negative for them with only one rider.

New2This likes this.
  12. Noticed this earlier this week, when i locked myself out of my car while hiking: key fob battery died. So, i needed to get a new one, ordered a uber to pep boys and on my way back my phone was dying, and i noticed the uber app said something like you should be matched in 5 minutes. Unfortunately, i never was matched and phone died, so i had to walk back. SMH.

13. New2This

New2This

Up until Charlotte Surge hit us I'd take decently Surging Pools with DF. I noticed recently that almost always as soon as I accepted, before I was able to hit the NNR button there would be another rider added.

I always Shuffled the additional rider.

14. Showa50

Showa50

Driving:
    UberX
    You forgot food. Bet if I included a pic of a pinks hot dog it would have been featured.

LoveBC likes this.
  15. another ah-ha moment here.
    it's been a while since pool requests come in as bundled.
    not enough time for me to hit the stop request button.
    been wondering how coincidently two pool
    requests comes in together so frequently.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2018
    New2This likes this.
  16. How do you know this is happening?

17. Showa50

Showa50

Driving:
    UberX
    Because I took the pool and think about.
    Where is the order going in the 5mins before its filled?

arto71 and f killa like this.
  18. arto71

arto71

Driving:
    UberX
    So do we know where do the orders go ?

19. Just wait to you get new app look at Boston and Washington d.c. threads it's not good it's a surge killer

New2This likes this.
  20. LoveBC

LoveBC

Driving:
    UberSUV
    To heck with Pinks. Portillos is where to go for hot dogs
    2E7C74AA-D0CB-49AF-ADC5-F0D7BE827069.jpeg