• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber's destination filter not working corrrectly

LAbDog65

I was headed home and had the destination filter set. I get a ping in the direction I want to go. Pick up pax and notice it is two stops. Ok. First stop takes me a fair distance in the right direction. The second stop takes me back past the original pickup. Can't the technology company Uber figure out directions.

Disgusted Driver

Don't even get me started on the destination filter, it works only when Uber wants it to work. If it's real busy or short of drivers they will give you anything they want.

mrpjfresh

Oh, they certainly can figure it out and when they want it to, it works very well in fact. Certain drivers (like myself) were using the DF to avoid long trips and stay in certain areas in order to not get screwed out of easy surge around bar close and similar times. You'll notice with the new DF that they broke it by having it so there is no time limit essentially making it useless. You can set the arrival time yourself, but keep in mind that the minimum time frame now is an hour so if you setup a DF at 1:30, 2:30 is the earliest arrival time that can be set. Keep this in mind and set it earlier if you want to use it in certain ways.

Stevie The magic Unicorn

There's also the case of idiots.

I've had my DF go the crap with customers Getting the address wrong. Adjust the address and boom, completely the wrong direction.

Same road, all addresses listed are 1000 436, or 1000 Semoran BLVD. The road technically is both, but the technical address varies by location.

If this pic doesn't explain why you NEED to make sure the customer has the correct address i don't know what is.

semoran.png

This next example is a textbook case of making dang sure the CUSTOMER has the address in correctly.

One of my last uberX pings of all time was shockingly similar to this situation. I can't remember the exact address but it was roughly in here somewhere... I live 10-15 minutes from 14,000ish west colonial drive winter garden, This is what le paxhole put in. The destination filter worked correctly, The pickup was right around downtown which on this map is the "Orlando" word. Quite literally... the paxhole had the destination set perfectly 100% in the wrong direction.

The customer really wanted to go to 14,000 EAST colonial drive.

for the record, it was 25+ miles farther than i thought i'd be driving, and me getting there "the destination i put in" 45 minutes after i planned on getting there.
EastVSWest.png

Disgusted Driver

There's also the case of idiots.

I've had my DF go the crap with customers Getting the address wrong. Adjust the address and boom, completely the wrong direction.

Same road, all addresses listed are 1000 436, or 1000 Semoran BLVD. The road technically is both, but the technical address varies by location.

If this pic doesn't explain why you NEED to make sure the customer has the correct address i don't know what is.

View attachment 366378

This next example is a textbook case of making dang sure the CUSTOMER has the address in correctly.

One of my last uberX pings of all time was shockingly similar to this situation. I can't remember the exact address but it was roughly in here somewhere... I live 10-15 minutes from 14,000ish west colonial drive winter garden, This is what le paxhole put in. The destination filter worked correctly, The pickup was right around downtown which on this map is the "Orlando" word. Quite literally... the paxhole had the destination set perfectly 100% in the wrong direction.

The customer really wanted to go to 14,000 EAST colonial drive.

for the record, it was 25+ miles farther than i thought i'd be driving, and me getting there "the destination i put in" 45 minutes after i planned on getting there.
View attachment 366381
Yes, I had one who after ordering a 3 minute ride east (on my way), switched the destination to 30 minutes west because he decided he wanted to go home instead of another bar, in the 3 minutes it took me to pick him up. Huge fight when I wouldn't take him, fortunately I was able to cancel the trip after I had started it because I hadn't moved. Otherwise, who knows what I would have been reported for.

TwoFiddyMile

Funny...
I was about to read this thread this morning when my destination filter sent me 12 miles EAST to High Point NC.
I was going through factory hood hell.
I was gonna curse this destination filter right to Hades!
Then I get to High Point University.
First gate locked. SECOND gate locked.
Pax is sending confused messages.
3rd gate OPEN!
suitcases.
90 mile trip WEST to CLT.

DONT ask me how I was dumb enough to end up in Raleigh NC at 4 am tho...

Kodyhead

I was headed home and had the destination filter set. I get a ping in the direction I want to go. Pick up pax and notice it is two stops. Ok. First stop takes me a fair distance in the right direction. The second stop takes me back past the original pickup. Can't the technology company Uber figure out directions.
As long as you get there in time, doesnt mean it will only give you rides in that direction