Inshur

Uber's demise

Turnleft

So if uber cry out that 40,000 of you will be out of a job, but on the other hand say your self employed, what side of the bread is buttered?.May be a good thing, that those that struggle with Uber, sign up to a proper mini cab circuit and earn decent money, and work legitimate.No more 25% to them, and all the part timers go back to their old jobs, or find a new career driving buses for TFL.This would also solve the congestion caused by far too many phvs on the roads.

I know not what I do

So if uber cry out that 40,000 of you will be out of a job, but on the other hand say your self employed, what side of the bread is buttered?.May be a good thing, that those that struggle with Uber, sign up to a proper mini cab circuit and earn decent money, and work legitimate.No more 25% to them, and all the part timers go back to their old jobs, or find a new career driving buses for TFL.This would also solve the congestion caused by far too many phvs on the roads.
So your solution is to get the uber dish washers to stop driving cars and try to drive buses.

Turnleft

Clown...as suspected...don't take it personal...as it is quite obvious.:wink:
"Jokers to the right".Hopefully roads will be a lot more safer from now on. One way roads will work properly, with no clowns coming towards me.

"Jokers to the right".Hopefully roads will be a lot more safer from now on. One way roads will work properly, with no clowns coming towards me.
Plus Travis left the building, just in time.Wonder who whispered into his ear......answers on a postcard .

Spy & Mash

You are all..

...slaves to the ping-pong!

Water?- check.
Sweets?- check.
Aux cable?- check.
Charger?- check.
All this and you're still 1 star (zero really) rated drivers.

#fakelondonersloveyou

Last edited:

Hogster

How much do you think these minicab firms charge? Most charge more than 25% and then they also make more on account work
My last office was fixed fee and worked out around 12% to 13%.
Of course they need to make a profit from account work dubs, they don’t get paid for 2 months plus have all the costs of preparing invoices and partial cost of running the office, IT system etc etc

Just need to find a decent office, I agree there are loads of cowboys or whatever about

Dubs666

Of course they need to make a profit from account work dubs, they don’t get paid for 2 months plus have all the costs of preparing invoices and partial cost of running the office, IT system etc etc

Just need to find a decent office, I agree there are loads of cowboys or whatever about

Iv never worked for a office as I never use to do weekends and most offices you need to do the weekends , I use to work for an account firm and they was busy Monday to thurs and hardly any work on fri, use to charge 30% but obviously they use to make more from each job

Anon2014

I think most decent offices have turned rogue too since the advent of Uber as it's become survival of the fittest and playing nice won't cut it anymore.

Even getting a small Op Lic will now be more expensive and getting clients is not so easy anymore.

Last edited:

Hogster

Iv never worked for a office as I never use to do weekends and most offices you need to do the weekends , I use to work for an account firm and they was busy Monday to thurs and hardly any work on fri, use to charge 30% but obviously they use to make more from each job
I did the cash office on a do as you like basis, then account work too with separate firm.

Account small family firm charged 30% but their rates were good enough to pay the drivers decently.
They had to charge 20% VAT on top so a £60 fare to driver was charged to customer at about £85 plus VAT (£102)

Aren’t AdLee a bit greedy paying driver 50% of account work?

I think most decent offices have turned rogue too since the advent of Uber as it's become survival of the fittest and playing nice won't cut it anymore.

Even getting a small Op Lic will now be more expensive and getting clients is not so easy anymore.
Most larger firms cutting rates to stay competitive but it’s the smaller firms who provide great service that can keep their rates at decent level.
No doubt they will eventually be hit too the way things are deteriorating.

Are you intending to stay in PH much longer the way things are going?

Anon2014

I did the cash office on a do as you like basis, then account work too with separate firm.

Account small family firm charged 30% but their rates were good enough to pay the drivers decently.
They had to charge 20% VAT on top so a £60 fare to driver was charged to customer at about £85 plus VAT (£102)

Most larger firms cutting rates to stay competitive but it’s the smaller firms who provide great service that can keep their rates at decent level.
No doubt they will eventually be hit too the way things are deteriorating.

Are you intending to stay in PH much longer the way things are going?
6 more months for me and then insurance and Op Lic expires. PH and chauffeuring has been extremely kind to me but it's time to move on. I have some very loyal and valuable clients who I will be passing on to a trusted friend.

Dubs666

Yup they are and they pay us £1 a mile after 30miles and apparently still charge the customer to old fee , anyway the point I'm pointing out to the cabbies is that most charge more than the 20%/25% that uber charge

Ubermpv

Dream on if you think tfl or the government really care about your preostoric trade you got something come too you. Can't believe how thick you BC drivers are. This is all theatre mate. Infact the public hate you lot more than ever now as they know your responsible for trying to stop uber from operating. Great work guys. Taik about shotting yourself in the foot. After the 30th of this month uber will still be operating as usual. While the appeal which uber I feel will win go to court. This will likely drag on for months to keep the theatre going. It's all one big game there playing you.