Ubers commission is ridiculously higher than I thought

Deoxlar

This is my worse Friday ever but I had nothing better to do anyways.
I took 175$, uber took $125. Because of the 2.50 charge, it's actually a lot higher than 25% commission. Just wanted people to be aware of this company we work for.

Attachments

BS. TRAN

I took 175$, uber took $125. Because of the 2.50 charge, it's actually a lot higher than 25% commission. Just wanted people to be aware of this company we work for.

One Star

Notice only $8.76 was surge. This should make it obvious that it's not worth driving X without the surge.
Factor in 13% HST off the top and then divide Uber's fee by the net fare after HST is removed and you will be really pissed off at what percentage Uber's cut really is.

NFIH

You mean Uber took about $50, not $125. Anyway, you netted about 17.50/hour for about 10 hours' work, not counting maintenance, depreciation and gas. So yeah, it's not a good wage. Not a good wage at all. Now you know why the average driver lasts only about six months, according to media reports. That's why I'm busy looking for a real FT job so I can ditch Uber.

Deoxlar

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
You mean Uber took about $50, not $125. Anyway, you netted about 17.50/hour for about 10 hours' work, not counting maintenance, depreciation and gas. So yeah, it's not a good wage. Not a good wage at all. Now you know why the average driver lasts only about six months, according to media reports. That's why I'm busy looking for a real FT job so I can ditch Uber.
No uber also takes the 2.50$ per ride on top of the 50$

Deoxlar

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Notice only $8.76 was surge. This should make it obvious that it's not worth driving X without the surge.
Factor in 13% HST off the top and then divide Uber's fee by the net fare after HST is removed and you will be really pissed off at what percentage Uber's cut really is.
There's was barely any surge last night. Also there were no long distances.

UberTrip

In most markets Uber X takes around 40% of what the customer paid. They do this shit by taking up to $2.50 on every single trip and call it a booking fee they then take their 20-30% commission.

WestSubDriver

And if you accept Pools, this doesn't even account for the disproportionate share of the incremental passenger fare they are taking. They show us one fare and charge the customer something else. An experiment - when you have a Pool ride with a second passenger, look to see what fare they credited you with for that passenger, then go on the Rider app and do a quote for Pool with the pickup/dropoff addresses for that passenger. Mind blown. I have multiple cases where the rider paid at least twice what Uber gave me credit for as the fare. Uberpool - its Uber's secret profit enhancer. Accept them at your own peril. I only accept them to meet guarantees.

UberxGTA

Welcome to the world of Uber Math. 125/300 = 42% Uber commission. It's well over 50% on the short rides.

UberxGTA

There's was barely any surge last night. Also there were no long distances.
New drivers have it tough because all the experienced drivers know where to go to get the good rides and scoop them from the new drivers.
Your wage should go up if you last long enough and develop strategies.