• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Uber's Code of Conduct

LEAFdriver

If it is left "to the Driver's discretion" what would there be "to investigate" anyway? thehappytypist we need your CSR translation skills.
SCdave....I see you are as upset with Uber's ambiguity and evasiveness as I am. :eek: This company must own stock in Teflon.....because they are trying their hardest to make it so that 'nothing sticks'. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

JaxBeachDriver

This is an honest question. Why do you think Uber won't answer the questions? Knowing Uber's track record shouldn't this make all of us wonder? As in what Uber is distancing themselves from with this ambiguous response?

Also, I'm guessing this CSR hasn't read the "Code of Conduct". Doesn't the CSR response - " As an independent contractor, questions such as this are left to your discretion. You are certainly never required to start a trip with a passenger" and the Code of Conduct conflict?
It's their discretion. They do not provide us with the full identity of the damn pax. Pax upload photos, but we don't see them. Their name is on the credit card, but we can't see it. So how can we positively identify the passenger?

elelegido

Whaaaaat? Go scream at uber office again.
They keep deactivating me because their system thinks that my driving license is missing from my profile. I'll probably have to go back to the office today; after that I think the solution is going to be to reupload the photo of my license at the beginning and end of each shift.

SCdave

They keep deactivating me because their system thinks that my driving license is missing from my profile. I'll probably have to go back to the office today; after that I think the solution is going to be to reupload the photo of my license at the beginning and end of each shift.
Driver acquisition costs Uber 100s if not 1000s of buck$ but they can't keep a Driver on the road making them money?

So it's easier to payout 100s if not 1000s of buck$ to recruit Lyft drivers than to fix this Driver Dashboard Glitch?

Where is that poached executive from Google or that Ivy League Grad from Goldman Sachs when you really really need 'em?

Shouldn't there be something in our "Partner" Agreement that:
" We (Uber) are a Technology Company and do it better than anyone else in the world. When you are unable to Drive on the Uber Platform due to a technical glitch, we will compensate you (Partner) for your lost time. Compensation will be at minimum wage rates - enjoy"

Edit: At least see if your local office can give you some extra "Momentum Reward" points - Ka Ching !

Last edited:

LEAFdriver

They'll investigate whether that minor is the account holder or using an adult's account. If they have their own account, it will be banned.
Again. Not true. The 17 yr old account holder I turned in was able to request me the next month...and she was still only 17. Uber refuses to disclose to me why that happened. :mad:

thehappytypist

Author
Again. Not true. The 17 yr old account holder I turned in was able to request me the next month...and she was still only 17. Uber refuses to disclose to me why that happened. :mad:
I don't even know. It's the CSR's responsibility to send it up to comm ops for the banning. Then they do the ban, so who knows.