• UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

Ubers cancelation rules, if any?

TdotUber

Just wondering how many legit cancelation with a no show is too many? In a 4 hour period this morning I had 5 cancelation all with a no show. Got paid cancelation fee for all of them accordingly... I made a habit to send support a generic message right after such situations, just in case a rider wants to act smart after.

I had total of 11 other completed trips... Would appreciate any and all response...

METRO3

Just wondering how many legit cancelation with a no show is too many? In a 4 hour period this morning I had 5 cancelation all with a no show. Got paid cancelation fee for all of them accordingly... I made a habit to send support a generic message right after such situations, just in case a rider wants to act smart after.

I had total of 11 other completed trips... Would appreciate any and all response...
I don't know you tell us when you get booted. Lol

Kobe_bean

Uber doesn’t care about cancellations as long as it’s justfied. If you had waited 5 minutes or 2 minites depednding on the type of ride ordered, then you are fee to cancel. Uber can track your location and will know if you have stayed in the pick up location or not. If you have stayed, then there is no need to worry.

METRO3

They also know if you've called them which I'm sure you didn't bother to to make sure you get the cancellation fee.

Kobe_bean

They also know if you've called them which I'm sure you didn't bother to to make sure you get the cancellation fee.
Calling is a Lyft policy. Uber does not require you to call pax before cancelling. Pax have to show up before time allotment or pay the fine.

METRO3

Calling is a Lyft policy. Uber does not require you to call pax before cancelling. Pax have to show up before time allotment or pay the fine.
It will be a factor they look at when their algorithm assess how valuable you are when someone makes up a fake allegation against you.

Lol you know what. This is the very thing I tell my lyft Pax is the difference between lyft and Uber. That uber doesn't require us to call you. So uber lovely drivers will just show up to the pin which is sometimes placed in the wrong spot and wait and leave. That's how much uber values you (passengers)

Ben Wood

5 is a lot... but it's just one morning... it'll only be an issue if it somehow becomes a regular occurrence...

Kobe_bean

It will be a factor they look at when their algorithm assess how valuable you are when someone makes up a fake allegation against you.
I don't think so. Maybe you're right, but I doubt it. I have cancelled plenty of rides, and sometimes cancelled as the pax walked out of her house. I'm not willing to wait more than the time allotment to take you 2 KMs. I would rather cancel and take my 5 dollars. I have also called and yelled at Uber for giving a EATS delivery that was 30 minutes away, which they cancelled after my complain. I'm not sure what you did to be banned, but it must have been a lot. It's extremely hard to get kicked out of uber or any other ride sharing platform.

TdotUber

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
I don't know you tell us when you get booted. Lol

It’s amazing how you can justify your statement here without even knowing who I am... I’m not sure why the negative comment behind a simple straight forward question...

And to clear out your dilemma, I always call and confirm the pick up location with the passenger the second I get the ping (UberX only)... also I let them know exactly my eta is to their pickup spot... I get their I wait and when the timer runs out and directs to cancel, I simply reason out with “rider isn’t here” and move on to the next one...

Being nice doesn’t take much of an effort... you should try it sometime... :wink:

5 is a lot... but it's just one morning... it'll only be an issue if it somehow becomes a regular occurrence...
Ya usually 1-3 cancelation with a no show in my entire shift most of the days but today it already had jumped to 5 in a short window...

phreeradical

It’s amazing how you can justify your statement here without even knowing who I am... I’m not sure why the negative comment behind a simple straight forward question...

And to clear out your dilemma, I always call and confirm the pick up location with the passenger the second I get the ping (UberX only)... also I let them know exactly my eta is to their pickup spot... I get their I wait and when the timer runs out and directs to cancel, I simply reason out with “rider isn’t here” and move on to the next one...

Being nice doesn’t take much of an effort... you should try it sometime... :wink:...
...read--->"longest thread ever" and you will understand

I don't think so. Maybe you're right, but I doubt it. I have cancelled plenty of rides, and sometimes cancelled as the pax walked out of her house. I'm not willing to wait more than the time allotment to take you 2 KMs. I would rather cancel and take my 5 dollars. I have also called and yelled at Uber for giving a EATS delivery that was 30 minutes away, which they cancelled after my complain. I'm not sure what you did to be banned, but it must have been a lot. It's extremely hard to get kicked out of uber or any other ride sharing platform.
Had a girl chase me down the street screaming after no show...slammed brakes and she bounced off trunk lid! Showed pic of the makeup smudge and rearview cam vid to support and got cleaning fee $80

Lolinator

...read--->"longest thread ever" and you will understand

Had a girl chase me down the street screaming after no show...slammed brakes and she bounced off trunk lid! Showed pic of the makeup smudge and rearview cam vid to support and got cleaning fee $80
did u go to collision ceentre?

METRO3

Being nice doesn’t take much of an effort... you should try it sometime... :wink:

Ya usually 1-3 cancelation with a no show in my entire shift most of the days but today it already had jumped to 5 in a short window...
Oh come on. You expect me to believe you called all 5 of those pax and they still didn't make it to your car in 5min?

METRO3

We know. METRO3 is looking at it as we speak. Trying to find a sacrafical lamb so Uber will let him back into the herd.
Only if I wanted to deal with all the loud annoying uber pax. Not one person so far this week or even last week asked for an aux cord on Lyft or asked me to go faster.

Kobe_bean

Only if I wanted to deal with all the loud annoying uber pax. Not one person so far this week or even last week asked for an aux cord on Lyft or asked me to go faster.
LOL, same pax; same quailty who behave the same way. They just compare app to see which they should use based on price. There is no difference, but if u must say that they are better in order to feel better about yourself then go ahead.

METRO3

LOL, same pax; same quailty who behave the same way. They just compare app to see which they should use based on price. There is no difference, but if u must say that they are better in order to feel better about yourself then go ahead.
Nope absolutely not the same