Uber's Acceptance Rate Policy (They Do Have One)

eman1122

Interesting read. Too bad I can't post the link on here because of "banned words" (really). Anyway, Uber does have the following policy regarding acceptance rates:

"But with the release of Uber’s official deactivation policy, it now clearly states:

"​

The article goes on to talk about time outs and the "double secret" time out:

"Uber Time Outs
If you ignore 2 or 3 requests in a row, you’ll get put in ‘Uber time-out’ for anywhere from 2-30 minutes. The time-out period varies by city, but most time-outs I’ve seen are in the 2-10 minute range for now.

So once you ignore 3 requests in a row (in some places it’s only 2 requests), a screen will pop-up on your app that looks something like this:

I’m driving in Los Angeles and I actually haven’t been able to get this screen to pop up the last couple times I was out, but I have been put on double secret time out. Double secret time out is triggered by ignoring 2 or 3 requests in a row, but instead of notifying you that you’re on time-out, your car will actually disappear from the map and you won’t get any requests.

I tested this the other day in Los Angeles by logging on to the driver app and ignoring two requests in a row. I requested myself once and ignored it and then got another request and ignored it. So far so good, and I was still online when I checked on the passenger side of the app.

Then I got a third request (see screenshot below) and ignored it, and even though the driver app didn’t tell me I was on time-out (and you can see I was still online), when I headed over to the passenger app, my car was no longer on the map. When I tried to request myself as a driver from the passenger side of the app, I got a different driver.

After ignoring my 3rd request, my car disappeared from the map

This is just another good reason to always be vigilant of what’s going on on the passenger side of the app since, if your car doesn’t show up, you’re not going to get any requests!"

So if you're not taking some pings but then the pings stop coming in, now you know why.

Uber_Dick

I actually decline all Pool rides in order to focus on X. And yes they put me in a corner sometimes, which sounds, very much like an employee not a contractor model. As an contractor i can say no or yes to any job. How Uber is getting away with this is beyond me.

But thanks for the info and research!

arto71

Interesting read. Too bad I can't post the link on here because of "banned words" (really). Anyway, Uber does have the following policy regarding acceptance rates:

"But with the release of Uber’s official deactivation policy, it now clearly states:

"​

The article goes on to talk about time outs and the "double secret" time out:

"Uber Time Outs
If you ignore 2 or 3 requests in a row, you’ll get put in ‘Uber time-out’ for anywhere from 2-30 minutes. The time-out period varies by city, but most time-outs I’ve seen are in the 2-10 minute range for now.

So once you ignore 3 requests in a row (in some places it’s only 2 requests), a screen will pop-up on your app that looks something like this:

I’m driving in Los Angeles and I actually haven’t been able to get this screen to pop up the last couple times I was out, but I have been put on double secret time out. Double secret time out is triggered by ignoring 2 or 3 requests in a row, but instead of notifying you that you’re on time-out, your car will actually disappear from the map and you won’t get any requests.

I tested this the other day in Los Angeles by logging on to the driver app and ignoring two requests in a row. I requested myself once and ignored it and then got another request and ignored it. So far so good, and I was still online when I checked on the passenger side of the app.

Then I got a third request (see screenshot below) and ignored it, and even though the driver app didn’t tell me I was on time-out (and you can see I was still online), when I headed over to the passenger app, my car was no longer on the map. When I tried to request myself as a driver from the passenger side of the app, I got a different driver.

After ignoring my 3rd request, my car disappeared from the map

This is just another good reason to always be vigilant of what’s going on on the passenger side of the app since, if your car doesn’t show up, you’re not going to get any requests!"

So if you're not taking some pings but then the pings stop coming in, now you know why.
I've been put back on 4 min time out after ignoring very first ping after coming out of time out.

kes1981

Hasn't this been common knowledge for ages? You don't have to accept rides but you get a timeout if you let a lot pass through. Am I missing anything? They sent this email out a few months back.

eman1122

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Hasn't this been common knowledge for ages? You don't have to accept rides but you get a timeout if you let a lot pass through. Am I missing anything? They sent this email out a few months back.
Yes, it's pretty much common knowledge that you get a time out if you ignore too many pings but I think the part about the "double secret" time outs was something we didn't know about. How can we know if we are on a time out if we are still online yet not getting any pings?

There's more info in the article but it was too much to place here and like I said before. I couldn't place the link here.

Teksaz

First ping, first thing in the morning with the destination filter on, declined a $2.24 request. Put in time out.

Declined ONE ping and was scolded by the biggest douch bag company in the world.

Ohhh man, there time is coming and I can't wait.

Tedgey

I actually decline all Pool rides in order to focus on X. And yes they put me in a corner sometimes, which sounds, very much like an employee not a contractor model. As an contractor i can say no or yes to any job. How Uber is getting away with this is beyond me.

But thanks for the info and research!
"In order to focus on X"

Lol. Yeah man. I gotta hone my craft man.

Lord Summerisle

I've always suspected you get put on secret time out for one-starring a pax. Going to monitor the rider app for this.

Adieu

I've always suspected you get put on secret time out for one-starring a pax. Going to monitor the rider app for this.
You noticed too??

Lyft or Fuber?

I think I just saw Lyft force-canvel a legitimate request for me BTW, because of a 2* and/or acing too many guarantees... See person exiting building, I get canceled and $5, didn't look to be a PT zone or a scammy area or a dodgy pax.

Pax did NOT appear to be operating phone

Drove away just in case...no guarantee for that hour.

Lyft gave me $5 of her money though