UberPRO

Kmac95

Sooooo... I’m being optimistic and hoping that these rewards for drivers will help out everyone who puts in the effort. I just starting Ubering again yesterday after 2 years and was pretty impressed at how well I did without having to drive to places I thought had higher rider volume. They’ll give everyone who they chose for the beta program more details tomorrow
CC7737CC-5532-46F8-A3F8-44DA2CB7299E.jpeg

negeorgia

Yeah, that 85% acceptance rate is a downer for me... More details about destination is exciting, but not canceling and higher acceptance rate in exchange for it? Not sure yet...

If you have to accept that many to get the details, the details don't really matter anyway. Like legislation that you have to pass so you can learn what is in it.

MiamiKid

Yeah, that 85% acceptance rate is a downer for me... More details about destination is exciting, but not canceling and higher acceptance rate in exchange for it? Not sure yet...

If you have to accept that many to get the details, the details don't really matter anyway. Like legislation that you have to pass so you can learn what is in it.

For me it comes down to this:

Will I need these promo's/rewards in order for Uber to continue to be a viable stream of income?

Will the new acceptance/cancellation requirements cause me to lose too much control over passenger, route and miscellaneous ride issues?

If the answer to both, the above, questions is yes, then may consider ending the Uber/Lyft Partnership for good.

Have driven rideshare four years now. Satisfied my economic goals of paying off my auto, an income property. Built reserves and portfolio investments as well.

Uber is now, purely, supplemental income and fun. However, the control aspect, drivers maintain over the situation, is pretty much the number one and primary stipulation I have.

We'll see how it plays out.

uberinatltrafficsux

It is so stupid to have to chase surges, finish quests, be a pro, have high ratings.... This feels like some elementary school behavior plan.
Post automatically merged:

I won't be platinum for very long. My acceptance rate is bad and my cancelations are high. After 3 years of driving for gUber I know what trips are going to be garbage trips.

Last edited:

crusoeatl

Yep. I'm simply Uber Pro Partner (blue) - always around 70% acceptance (no pool) and 15% cancellation (lots of minors but, Uber doesn't care why you cancel). For me that won't change anytime soon. Not taking their pool shit to get 3 rides in a row or to increase acceptance. I'll Uber on simply as before and not care about status.

Carblar

Wow. Reading through the entire Uber Pro description, this is the most blatant con and manipulation yet by Uber.

The "rewards" are stuff Uber should be doing for the drivers anyway, such as
better support and more details on ride requests. And it only unlocks (like some damn video game) if you be a good little child and do exactly what Uber tells you to do and accept almost all rides, hardly ever cancel, and work rush hour non surge times of the day.

Scumbags

MiamiKid

Yep. I'm simply Uber Pro Partner (blue) - always around 70% acceptance (no pool) and 15% cancellation (lots of minors but, Uber doesn't care why you cancel). For me that won't change anytime soon. Not taking their pool shit to get 3 rides in a row or to increase acceptance. I'll Uber on simply as before and not care about status.

Sounds like a good plan. Pretty close to what I'll do. Won't even try for some of it, like consecutive trips, etc.

This's purely supplemental income and entertainment at this point. Have made my money. So, will cease Uber, completely, if I need these rewards to make this gig a viable income stream.

Also, for me, part of the fun/entertainment, part of this job, comes from cancelling, rejecting & shuffling whenever I darn well please!

Rich2nyce

UberPro is going out to those who have 3000 trips or more. It's in the fine print. Gotta keep your cancellation rate low and acceptance rates high to see the riders direction heading ( not destination). Resets every 3 months. No big deal

uberinatltrafficsux

Sounds like a good plan. Pretty close to what I'll do. Won't even try for some of it, like consecutive trips, etc.

This's purely supplemental income and entertainment at this point. Have made my money. So, will cease Uber, completely, if I need these rewards to make this gig a viable income stream.

Also, for me, part of the fun/entertainment, part of this job, comes from cancelling, rejecting & shuffling whenever I darn well please!
I cancelled at braves pickup last night. Dude messaged me to tell me to get in the other lane. I cancelled as I drove up to him. Entitled little prick.

MiamiKid

For me it comes down to this:

Will I need these promo's/rewards in order for Uber to continue to be a viable stream of income?

Will the new acceptance/cancellation requirements cause me to lose too much control over passenger, route and miscellaneous ride issues?

If the answer to both, the above, questions is yes, then may consider ending the Uber/Lyft Partnership for good.

Have driven rideshare four years now. Satisfied my economic goals of paying off my auto, an income property. Built reserves and portfolio investments as well.

Uber is now, purely, supplemental income and fun. However, the control aspect, drivers maintain over the situation, is pretty much the number one and primary stipulation I have.

We'll see how it plays out.

Update: Now see the Pro requirements, and where I am, in full detail.

Major issue: Max of 4% cancellation rate. That's a non starter for me. If this includes all cancellations, including cancelling for a reason, am outta here.

If that's the case, Uber would've made a far greater impression by simply not inviting me.

Titan

This new program should be called Uber Dick instead of Uber Pro .......

A real Uber Pro ( like me ) knows to................

Decline ( almost ) EVERY Pool Ride ! ( I sometimes make an exception if going after an incentive / Quest )
Enjoys watching 10-15 min to pickup pings time out while LMAO reading the Premium pickup possible scam !!
Picks and chooses Exactly who, where, when, what .. customers will ride in my car.
Knows that he/ she doesn't have to bribe customers with water and snacks for 5 stars or tips.
Doesn't have a cry baby please pity me TIP SIGN hanging / sticking in their car.
Doesn't need Tips / views Tips as gravy.
Avoids Ubers manipulation with Low sticky surges.
Knows the city and how to avoid getting stuck in rush hour traffic.
Doesn't cherry-pick Airport Rides.
Knows how to get bumped to the Front of the Airport Que.
Knows how to read their customers within the first minute.
Knows how to NEVER pay full price for gasoline.
Knows how to navigate large events avoiding being stuck in the crowd
Knows that Sometimes " CASH IS KING "
Has a private clientele list
Has a Dash Cam
Has a Unlimited Car Wash Plan for a cheap monthly fee.
Takes pride in a well maintained car inside and out.
Knows how to take full advantage of the Contractor Tax deductions.
Uses an app to track business miles / expenses / deductions.
Doesn't need the income / hassle of the drunk late night bar crowd.
Works Both Uber and Lyft to their advantage.
Doesn't do UberEats delivery. ( too time consuming / time is Money )
Knows how to manipulate Uber and NOT let Uber manipulate them.

That's an Uber Pro ............

If you choose to take part in this Uber Pro scam you are just being Uber Dicked !!!

Last edited:

MiamiKid

This new program should be called Uber Dick instead of Uber Pro .......

A real Uber Pro ( like me ) knows to................

Decline ( almost ) EVERY Pool Ride ! ( I sometimes make an exception if going after an incentive / Quest )
Enjoys watching 10-15 min to pickup pings time out while LMAO reading the Premium pickup possible scam !!
Picks and chooses Exactly who, where, when, what .. customers will ride in my car.
Knows that he/ she doesn't have to bribe customers with water and snacks for 5 stars or tips.
Doesn't have a cry baby please pity me TIP SIGN hanging / sticking in their car.
Doesn't need Tips / views Tips as gravy.
Avoids Ubers manipulation with Low sticky surges.
Knows the city and how to avoid getting stuck in rush hour traffic.
Doesn't cheery-pick Airport Rides.
Knows how to get bumped to the Front of the Airport Que.
Knows how to read their customers within the first minute.
Knows how to NEVER pay full price for gasoline.
Knows how to navigate large events avoiding being stuck in the crowd
Knows that Sometimes " CASH IS KING "
Has a private clientele list
Has a Dash Cam
Has a Unlimited Car Wash Plan for a cheap monthly fee.
Takes pride in a well maintained car inside and out.
Knows how to take full advantage of the Contractor Tax deductions.
Uses an app to track business miles / expenses / deductions.
Doesn't need the income / hassle of the drunk late night bar crowd.
Knows how to manipulate Uber and NOT let Uber manipulate them.

That's an Uber Pro ............

If you choose to take part in this Uber Pro scam you are just being Uber Dicked !!!

Sounds like a great plan.