UberPoolPool nonsense

Tedgey

This doesn't make any sense at all.

2016-07-15 12.22.46.png

2016-07-15 12.27.11.png

2016-07-15 12.22.17.png
2016-07-15 12.38.29.png

In the Altadena to LAX trip the quote is essentially $.36/mile.

For the Olympic to LAX trip it's $.52/mile.

This means for the additional 14 miles Uber is charging $2.36 or a whopping $.17/mile. I adjusted for the fact that Olympic has 2 pax (additional $.50!) and did the math based on $.10/minute.

Tedgey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
More and more I think the only way of killing off the fool is to do it exactly as Uber set it up. Stop for every additional ping ESPECIALLY if you're headed to the airport. Make those cheap pricks wait while you try and load more bags in your car. Make their kid sit in the middle next to some sweaty jerk. The worst thing we can do is what I did this morning. Picked the guy up and ignored all the matched pings. This will only reinforce in the passenger's mind that pool is a great deal. And besides the driver usually ignores the additional pings.

No just like you do the opposite of what Uber recommends to have a positive outcome, doing exactly as Uber recommends will assuredly result in the passengers having a decidedly poor experience.

Deric

allowing Pool to LAX, but not out, considering my PAX give themselves 35-45minutes before boarding. I'm setup to fail because pax will be hauling ass like the McCallisters'

arto71

View attachment 49181

View attachment 49182
View attachment 49183 View attachment 49185

This means for the additional 14 miles Uber is charging $2.36 or a whopping $.17/mile. I adjusted for the fact that Olympic has 2 pax (additional $.50!) and did the math based on $.10/minute.
It never did,as i said before ,uber subsides pool rides at 50% in most parts,but it depends where you going,what day of week,and time of day.
If you're in DTLA and headed 10 miles westward it could be 60% discount ,if you're headed eastward(most likely not getting matched) ,only 30%.

WMUber

More and more I think the only way of killing off the fool is to do it exactly as Uber set it up. Stop for every additional ping ESPECIALLY if you're headed to the airport. Make those cheap pricks wait while you try and load more bags in your car. Make their kid sit in the middle next to some sweaty jerk. The worst thing we can do is what I did this morning. Picked the guy up and ignored all the matched pings. This will only reinforce in the passenger's mind that pool is a great deal. And besides the driver usually ignores the additional pings.

No just like you do the opposite of what Uber recommends to have a positive outcome, doing exactly as Uber recommends will assuredly result in the passengers having a decidedly poor experience.
I did that one evening (Hourly/after ping manipulation/needed the ride count) from Santa Monica to Hollywood. Purposely took Santa Monica Bl instead of the freeway. Got three more riders in and out of the car. Sure enough, I was two-starred by one of the riders.

So yes, it works; but be willing to pay the price. All of my sub-4-stars were from unhappy Pool riders.

Shotime4

View attachment 49181

View attachment 49182
View attachment 49183 View attachment 49185

So basically subsidizing the trip but you still get your $.85 mile and $.15 min?

afrojoe824

Longer ride and going to a popular destination = more chances of getting matched rides. Uber makes money if you take additional riders while you only get paid the miles.

Imagine if you came from Pasadena and 1st rider paid $22. Then picked up the Olympic rider. Uber gets paid another $20 while you probably only got $3 for going the extra 3 miles.

Shotime4

I did that one evening (Hourly/after ping manipulation/needed the ride count) from Santa Monica to Hollywood. Purposely took Santa Monica Bl instead of the freeway. Got three more riders in and out of the car. Sure enough, I was two-starred by one of the riders.

So yes, it works; but be willing to pay the price. All of my sub-4-stars were from unhappy Pool riders.
Sometimes I pick up all the pool riders as well..just to make a point...also if you pick pool for a short ride..automatic 1* cheap @$$!

Deric

That's like a double edged sword. Cheap a$$.. low raters

afrojoe824

It's absurd that people with bags will try and pool to the airport and it shouldn't be encouraged by the imbeciles running Uber
I take the sloooooowest route on uberPool people going to the airport. This is in hopes that I get a ping and they miss their flight.

The first riders I pick up with luggages, I ask if they're going to LAX. If they say yes, I say they have to cancel because I have other people I gotta pick up on UberPool and they will miss their flights. I tell them LAX doesn't allow pool. I then drive away as they cancel and I collect my $5 feee

agtg

The worst thing we can do is what I did this morning. Picked the guy up and ignored all the matched pings. This will only reinforce in the passenger's mind that pool is a great deal. And besides the driver usually ignores the additional pings.
Do you think Uber didn't consider this? They probably had a team of social-psychologists dream this scheme up. The end result: Cheaper fares, more fares!

Cascas

The only way to kill pool is to not take it. Otherwise, you will only end up hurting yourself nothing more.

Yes they will get pissed off but at YOU, not the pool service, because there will always be an idiot who will not take extra pings.

So, if you want this scam to end, decline pool requests so the waiting time becomes 30 min rather than 7. That way people will stop bothering with it. It's the only way.

Tedgey

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
yeah one time i had a terrible experience doing pool. It was pool to LAX. omg.
then I had to drive and pick up another person to LAX. people and their garbage barely fit.

never ever again.
I picked up this dude and his wife from a really nice place in Pasadena standing out in front of the house with 4 bags between the two of them. So the smallest bag rode shotgun on this pool ride. The cheap paxhole watched while I don't accept a pool ping (I lied to him and acted like accepting it would actually pay us more and I think he believed me) and we get to the airport and you guessed it, no tip and 1☆