Uberpool

Santa

If you're an X or Select driver and don't get them, after posting this message, you'll start receiving them. Uber has its way of finding stuff out.

If you're an XL driver, then know this that XL drivers don't get them.

Sometimes it's better to be hush about such things. If you know what i mean. :cool:

Superduber

Hey,
Am a New member and have a quick question :
Any reason I never get uberpool requests? (which I thank God for that 24 tines a day!)
Coincidentally, if you thanked God 24 times, you probably just used up you're quota of thanks. If you're an X driver Uber won't send you poo rides until your 25th ride. You'll get a congrats message saying you now qualify for poo rides.

Aldagr8

Sorry to confirm something which might have been discussed before.

What type of cars (sedans- 4 passenger seater) qualify for Select or Uber X?

Aldagr8

Thanks Biozon. That makes it much more clear.

But how do we know which platform my car qualifies in on the App? (I have an Honda Accord )

Or is it depending on whether you get pool or not?

Last edited:

Token44

But how do we know which platform my car qualifies in on the App? (I have an Honda Accord )

Or is it depending on whether you get pool or not?
A Honda Accord will be UberX and UberPOOL. You'll get requests for both services when you're online in an area that has both.

If you're outside an area that has Pool (like Hamilton for example) you'll only get X requests.

Aldagr8

Too late i got the Uberpool intro email :mad::mad::mad:.

I guess that answers my question.

Do selects have to do Pool too?

What if the value of the car is equivalent or more than some of the basic select model?

Do we go and argue our case at their office ?

Token44

Too late i got the Uberpool into email :mad::mad::mad:.

I guess that answers my question.

Do selects have to do Pool too?

What if the value of the car is equivalent or more than some of the basic select model?

Do we go and argue our case at their office ?
Select cars get pool requests too. Have to do pool.... That's up to you.

You can try to plead your case @ the UBER office, but getting a Honda Accord on Select is very likely NOT to happen. Regardless of how much you paid for it.

Aldagr8

lol.... So i guess only Uber Xl is exempt from Pool.

I have a Accord hybrid touring so i thought it would be equivalent to the A4 price range.

Token44

lol.... So i guess only Uber Xl is exempt from Pool.

I have a Accord hybrid touring so i thought it would be equivalent to the A4 price range.
Exactly XL are exempt.

The Accord is a nice car, and if it had an Acura badge on it, it would probably be included, but as a Honda.... Even with full leather interior, they are going to say no.

But ask anyway! Ask several times in fact.

The worst they can do is say no. You might get lucky.
If you are successful at getting them to add Select, you'll soon realize that you get so few Select calls that the effort may not be worth the return.

Being downtown when X is surging @ 2.5X, and you then get Select calls at base rate and make LESS than the X calls...... :frown: