1. UberPeople.NET - Independent community of rideshare drivers. It's FREE to be a person and enjoy all the benefits of membership. JOIN US! CLICK HERE

UberPOOL

Discussion in 'Complaints' started by Clifford Chong, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Clifford Chong

Clifford Chong

Driving:
    UberX
    I think it's stupid that passengers can have up to 5 mins to cancel when both me and the other passenger onboard has to pay the price for going to his or her route.

I've seen instances where I took an UberPOOL ride and had like someone cancel 6 (yes...6) times in a row and we eventually agreed to ignore any other pings that may come afterwards.

This is very unfair for the driver because not only we're wasting time and gas, but the passenger also has to pay for the extra route to pick up the other passenger. They're essentially hurting two or more people and the other passenger can simply get away with doing this without any consequences.

2. which i would imagine would hurt your rating even though it's not your fault. tell me, in cities that have pool, does uber automatically have you
    in the system as available for pool, or can you opt out? if you cant opt out, that's another example for the employee vs i.c. debate. if i were in those cities, i would cancel every goddamn one of those pool calls.

3. seriously, ALL OF YOU WHERE UBER POOL EXISTS....STOP RUNNING THOSE CALLS. eventually the pax will give up on the idea and be forced to order uberx at least. any of you running those calls are out of your ****ing minds.

for real, nip uber's wet dream of their own mass transit system at YOUR EXPENSE in the bud. stop running pool calls.

JLA likes this.
  4. BostonBarry

BostonBarry

Driving:
    Lyft
    Not a fan of POOL myself but you clearly have no understanding of how it works. POOL is a flat rate system. Pax 1 and 2 (when there are 2) are given a FIXED fare based on several factors. If you hit traffic, get detoured by construction or accident, Pax 2 takes forever to come out, etc. the first Pax will not be charged anything additional. Also, you as a driver aren't paying anything more than usual. When you drive a POOL ride you are being compensated according to UberX rates for pickup, mileage, and minutes. If you drive 5 minutes and 2 miles out of the way then wait 5 minutes for Pax 2you will get paid as usual when you have a Pax in car.

FYI, Uber says you should cancel pax2 after 2 minutes waiting, not five. And you will not receive a cancelation fee for Pax 2 as you are already getting paid to travel there and wait.

5. poopy

poopy

Driving:
    UberX
    The only thing worse than Uber pool, is a driver with more than 2 weeks experience posting about their pool problems.

Kalee, JLA and chi1cabby like this.
  6. Clifford Chong

Clifford Chong

Driving:
    UberX
    If Uber doesn't threaten me again that my low acceptance rate could jeopardize my Partner status, I will be more than content to stop doing Pool rides. Unfortunately, that's not the case is it? I swear, I thought I was gonna need life support after receiving their acceptance rate notification for the first time.
    Okay thanks for being somewhat helpful to my predicament unlike Mr. Imastupidsmartaleck above me.

7. poopy

poopy

Driving:
    UberX
    Sunshine,

If you're doing Uber pool,

Everyone's above you.
    ;)

JLA likes this.
  8. BostonBarry

BostonBarry

Driving:
    Lyft
    Suggest you grow thick skin. Majority of drivers here are bitter and blame the companies they've chosen to do business with for all their woes. There's those that heartily gulp the Uber KoolAid and those that just can't get enough of the Anti-Uber KoolAid. Then there's the rare few who can read between the lines and make ****ty situations work to their benefit. Such is life.

PhoenicianBlind likes this.
  9. groot

groot

For Penni's per mile that's best rides U can get.

10. So Pool is now the default option for the Uber client, which seems like a really bad idea. For the vast majority of riders, UberX IS Uber, and they don't want to share a ride with strangers, as they are already letting one stranger do the driving. I've had several clients ask me, "Hey, what's Uber Pool mean?" When I explain it to them they pray that not other requests come up during their ride. I've had passengers thinking they were getting UberX ask me to refuse to pick up a Pool request during their ride. Riders should have to go the extra mile to choose Pool. not to avoid it.

11. ocbob2

ocbob2

Driving:
    UberX
    I am in OC so I don't have Uber Pool and I have no idea how it really works but I do know if a pax got Pool and a way cheaper ride but wanted me to cancel the 2nd request, I would tell them it cost me money but would do so for a little greasing the palm. If it is something like LAX run, I am sure you would get at least a 5 spot.

12. JLA

JLA

Driving:
    UberX
    I've had a few that were not happy picking someone else up. Apparently you can accidently request a pool. Then again maybe they were just cheap bastards and still didn't want to share.

I'm over pool and either don't do it entirely or just refuse to pick up any second pax. There is ZERO benefit to you for doing it. Uber loves it because they get to double dip on just one trip. If they want me to go to the extra trouble then make it just 20% for first pax only and only one SRF. We all know that's just another BS revenue stream for them anyways.

The other BS is that is increases your likely hood of poor ratings. First it's now two ratings on one super stressed out ride. Plus, pax don't care who's at fault and will rate you when their late due to another pax, not liking other pax, etc.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015