Uberpool

Nice911

This morning I've received notification from uber something regarding uberpool. couldn't understand what exactly is going to change for us as drivers.
Has anyone else got the same message?
Can someone explain?
Thanks a lot..

Waingro

One of the issues I have heard with Uber pool is that on a new pickup with someone already in the car, you arrive at the new pickup and they do not come out and you cancel and the existing PAX in the car is charged for the extra time and klms.
I have heard this from a few Aussie PAX who have been in the USA and the frustrating part of it.

fields

One of the issues I have heard with Uber pool is that on a new pickup with someone already in the car, you arrive at the new pickup and they do not come out and you cancel and the existing PAX in the car is charged for the extra time and klms.
I have heard this from a few Aussie PAX who have been in the USA and the frustrating part of it.

These same cheap ass Aussies could have booked an UberX for themselves rather than UberPool. It is just unbelievable how cheap these people expect their transport to be. I have come to the conclusion this must be the millennium generation who have grown up with everything being given away for free.

By the way i received the same UberPool message this morning.

Last edited:

Hugh G

Is it mandatory for UberX drivers to participate, or do you specifically have to sign up like UberEats/UberAssist ????

lespaul

its a close cousin to XL split fare with multiple stops. I guess though in that case one rider "sponsors" the entire ride

"and the existing PAX in the car is charged for the extra time and klms"

its the risk they take to spread their cost

"These same cheap ass Aussies could have booked an UberX for themselves rather than UberPool"

these cheap ass aussies are a new market, they dont use Uber X or taxis, they probably use public transport by default and Uber wants access to them

Nice911

Is it mandatory for UberX drivers to participate, or do you specifically have to sign up like UberEats/UberAssist ????
I definitely don't want to participate in Uberpool.. more people, more weight in car, same money?? nope..

the other day I received an email from Uber that since I am one of the top uber driver :rolleyes:, I am soon to be "qualified" for UberAssist..I don't know if it's good or bad thing. I have no problem with people who need special assistance. I respect them equally but for same fare..nope..

:p

westieuber

I definitely don't want to participate in Uberpool.. more people, more weight in car, same money?? nope..

the other day I received an email from Uber that since I am one of the top uber driver :rolleyes:, I am soon to be "qualified" for UberAssist..I don't know if it's good or bad thing. I have no problem with people who need special assistance. I respect them equally but for same fare..nope..

:p
Yes respect them equally but don't want them to be equal :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Makes sense

westieuber

Read the link posted above and it will make more sense :rolleyes:
Nothing is for free my friend
Hey mate I read it just now, totally understand that it is very risky and I would not want to do it, but from your comment it appears your keen so long as it's more money, hardly wanting equality by that statement, money is not the point for me or the poster of the link it is the safety aspect as we are not trained to assist disabled people.

Waingro

8812916-3x2-700x467.jpg
The main reason why Uber has released this product is that it can still drive PAX revenue and take on the buses. Its like a mini bus in the future where it will drive around picking up PAX at stops.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-08-...p-nsw-commuters-get-to-train-stations/8811618
The Tech is there. All they have to do is tweek the service and make sure PAX are waiting.

Nice911

Hey mate I read it just now, totally understand that it is very risky and I would not want to do it, but from your comment it appears your keen so long as it's more money, hardly wanting equality by that statement, money is not the point for me or the poster of the link it is the safety aspect as we are not trained to assist disabled people.
Either way.. the point is to avoid uberassist.. because uber is asking us to take all the extra responsibility + risk without any extra benefits